Chapter 18

My Secret Crush

Luhan’s POV

 

I got dragged out by Tao and Kris to go Christmas shopping with the others. Technically I was just too bored to do anything so I just lazed around. Until of course those two giants came crashing into my room and dragged me out. Now here I am at the mall with nine idiots well not Minseok hyung and Kris but still. It being the second oldest. I wonder where Kai and Sehun are though. They’re the only EXO members that are missing. I was about to question their absence when someone did it for me.

“Where are the two maknaes though? Shouldn’t they be here with us too?” Baekhyun asked. The other nodded too. I had no idea who Baekhyun was asking but then I thought maybe Suho might know. I mean he’s not the leader for nothing. I guess he was the one who planned this Secret Santa thing of course since “It’s the holiday.”

“I texted Kai to come with us but he said he already had plans made with Sehun and Minyoung. We might bump into them today though, I heard this is the same mall they’re going to,” Suho answered with ease. The others nodded at him.

“I guess it will just be then ten of us today unless we meet them somehow. I’m already missing my Kai,” Chanyeol said with a whiny voice. Of course this is coming from Kim Jongin’s number one fan boy ever. The others chuckled at Chanyeol knowing Kai would always “reject” him no matter what.

“Anyways let’s just go shopping! We are not here to mop around about the two people absences are we?” Chen said cheerfully as he and the rest of the Beagle Line started to make weird cheery noises. Well as expected from the three of them too. The funny thing is Kyungsoo looks like he is going to murder them if they make one more embarrassing sound. As expected from him too.

“I swear if the three of you don’t shut up, I’ll kick your asses all the way to the sun.” Kyungsoo said with a really scary voice and that immediately shut the Beagle line up. I’m always thankful for having someone like Kyungsoo in our group. He’s one awesome human being.

“Wait isn’t that Kai?” I heard Lay said as he pointed to someone who is walking around not too far away from us. Why does he seem so sad? He looks like he just dumped on his anniversary with the girl.

“Yes it is him. Good job finding him hyung,” Chanyeol said as he patted his back. Lay just smiled back. Of course Mr. Park is happy to his Kim Kai.

“KAI-AH!” our one and only Byun Baekhyun screamed at him and we waved at him and he waved back too. If he didn’t it’ll be so awkward like a bunch of weird teenagers waving crazily at one teenage boy, talk about awkwardness. Then he jogged to us.

 

***

Author’s POV

 

After Kai went to EXO the first thing he heard from s was, “Kai what are you doing here all alone?” Of course it came from none other than Kim Suho. He does take his role of a leader well.

Kai pouted shamelessly like a kid in front of his hyungs. “Hyungs, Sehun and Minyoungie ditched me! The three of us were supposed to shop together for our Secret Santa thing but then they both ditch me for no reason. They don’t even pick up my calls and answer my messages.”

The other members snickered at how sad Kai’s story was. He got ditch but thankfully he had ran into them. That was a very good choice of destiny. Kai wasn’t going to spend a day being lonely at the mall at least. He was lucky to meet his hyungs indeed.

“Since we are all here now let’s just shop till we drop. We can find those two maknaes later,” Kris said. What he said was definitely true, they could just shop. Sehun and Minyoung will call Kai at one point. The remaining members agreed to the suggestion as they started to think about what they should buy for the Secret Santa thingy.

Then the boys started to shop. Never had the shop attendants seen such beautiful young men shop at their store before. It was quite a sight for the teenage girls as they all keep taking glances toward the group of EXtraOrdinary boys.

It was quite a bit of time before Kai felt his phone vibrate and got a message form his lovely sister. She had told him to come to the restaurant, the one nearest to the escalator on the fourth floor. He told the others as they agreed to go there since of course they’re already hungry.

When they arrived at the restaurant, they immediately spotted the two youngsters Kai was the first one to arrive at their table and of course he smacked Sehun on the back of his head, of course not too harsh, just a small punishment for taking his sister away from him and of course ditching him too. The other members just shook their head at how their maknae was but still though the deserved it too.

 

***

Minyoung’s POV

 

EXO was now seated with us; well our first table didn’t fit us so we had to move to another table where it fit thirteen teenagers. Of course others were giving us the looks since I was with twelve handsome boys. to be me. It doesn’t help with Baekhyun, Chen, and Chanyeol oppa being really loud with their laughter and jokes with Kyungsoo oppa glaring at them and Suho oppa trying to calm the three down.

Thank god, my brother, Kris, Luhan, Lay, and Sehun are kind of on the normal side. Xiumin oppa was just munching down his dumplings. At least these idiots make me want to laugh sometimes.

“Kai have you told Minyoung about our trip to go to Busan?” Suho oppa asked my brother who was in the middle of slurping up his noodles. He tried to swallow all those noodles that he just swallowed in one gulp but end up choking instead because it was too much. Kyungsoo-sshi passed the water to him as he gulped it down saving his own life.

“Yes, well it wasn’t him that told me but Sehun oppa. He also said I can bring Ahri along too. Even if you guys don’t allow it, I’m still bringing her. As much as I enjoy being with you guys I still want my best friend with me,” I did a peace sign as the members groaned “sadly.”

Suho oppa slapped Kai oppa on the arm lightly. He still flinched as if he was hit with something hard.

“Hyung what was that for?” he whined. “That was because you forgot to tell Minyoung that she will also be going to Busan with us. I’m glad Sehun told her because you’re a forgetful idiot.” Suho oppa scolded him as the ladder just sulked. The EXO members burst out laughing.

I had fun with the EXO members that day. We ate while the Beagle Line jokes around making us laugh; it was really fun. After eating, we all separated into some kind of little teams so we don’t really need to have thirteen teenagers all together bundled up in a group at the mall, plus I’m the only female here.

Suho oppa told us the details of the Secret Santa. He had said that we had to buy some kind of small gift for each of our Secret Santa but then he has also said we could buy more presents for other people if we wanted to. I choose to buy for all of them because this is like our beginning of our friendship plus then my Secret Santa won’t get suspicious of me.

It took hours of shopping until I finally had thirteen gifts; including the ones for Ahri. How can I leave her gift out? I already had my gifts for my mom and dad at home so some money saved. Well not really because now my purse is half gone because of the gifts but then I really didn’t buy any expensive because I don’t want them to fell burden over it.

 

***

 

Today was Christmas Eve night; I was out on a dinner with my family. Of course knowing how my mom is, she had dressed me up in a light red dress with some ruffles. It was actually nice but then I still feel uncomfortable because, it’s a dress. This kind of clothing doesn’t fit me since I’m not much of a girly person. At least I look nice in it right?

Our parents had already agreed on Kai oppa and I are going to Busan. Of course they would have let me go anyways even if Ahri wasn’t there because as they always say, “You can always have room for more friends.” I wasn’t really that much of a person who likes socializing; I just stay with the people I know.

The dinner with my family was joyful and nice. It was another memory made since my brother and I had seen our parents being so youthful being sweet to each other. I still wanted to cringe but then it’s my parents so I no choice other than smile. You see, I’m not a big fan of cheesy things. Well cheesy things are sometimes nice, but only up to a limit. Believe me; you wouldn’t want to see your parents being really sweet to each other in front of you. But then I have always thought as my parent’s relationship as family goals; something I want to be when I grow up.

My mom and dad had been together since a long time ago. They were childhood friends, each other first love, and they had always said there were hard times but then they went over it because well their love for each other is strong; they had believe in each other.

During dinner though, one awkward topic came up. My dad asked me if I had any boyfriends yet. I said no of course but then he surprising told me to get one soon or I’ll grow old all alone. Well I won’t really be alone because I will still have Ahri but then she’s a best friend not a lover. I guess I really need to find the one for me. I never trusted guys easily after what happened with my ex-boyfriend. It was a terrible memory.

It was around eleven at night when we arrived back at home; one hour before Christmas. I can’t believe I’m actually going on a trip tomorrow! It’s going to be so much fun! The more special thing is that we are going by the bus. Suho oppa had rented a bus for fourteen people. I can’t wait for tomorrow. But right now I need my beauty sleep.

 

***

Author's Note - It's Chapter 18! 18 = my dad's birth date <3 Hehe ^^