Chapter 31

My Secret Crush

Chohee’s POV

 

This morning Luhan oppa broke up with me. I couldn’t believe it! He broke it off with me for Minyoung. I guess I am always the second choice. No one wants me. No one cares. It’s as if everyone wants her instead of me. Ever since we were kids Minyoung was preferred by the teachers and all those other students. I remember the time when I took her doll away and she started to cry. Then Kai oppa started to yell at me making me cry a bunch of tears. It was like everyone was on her side. I was jealous of her. And it led to all of this.

With a broken heart I went to the restroom to wipe away my tears and all. The words I said to Luhan were all lies. Why the hell would I date him if I don’t like him? I don’t have that low of a dignity. I was mad at Minyoung. That’s for sure. She just stole my boyfriend from me, technically. If only she had stayed away from him this wouldn’t have happened in the first. If only she wasn’t Kai’s sister, he wouldn’t have known her and fall for her. We would have a perfect love together.

Finally after avoiding as many people as I could, I have arrived to the restroom. Just when I opened the door, someone just hugged me tightly and kept on crying and crying.

“Ahri-ah what should I do? He said he wants me back? But I don’t want to repeat history again. He left me without a word three years ago. But then it hurts me so much to see him in pain.” From the voice I instantly knew that it was Minyoung. She’s crying over a guy? Wait, isn’t the new student Daehyun or something was her ex right? I saw the commotion in the cafeteria. It was the day Luhan oppa ditched me for them. Well I guess I wasn’t the only one who had a bad morning today.

It was totally awkward that she was crying on my shoulders and clinging onto me. I didn’t know what to do and just awkwardly patted her back. Let the broken hearted people join forces? Ok stop making stupid jokes brain! Well it wasn’t long before the door of the bathroom burst open.

“MINYOUNG-AH WHAT HAPPENED?” There’s the real Ahri that Minyoung is probably looking for. I noticed that Ahri was looking at me with wide eyes and an open mouth. If it wasn’t only for the fact that we were in a serious situation I would have laugh at how funny she looked. Wait, I wasn’t supposed to be here though. Minyoung had thought that I was Ahri all along.

I felt Minyoung untangled her arms which were around me and I let go of her too. She looked up at me with confusion in her eyes.

“I’m sorry. I thought you were Ahri,” she said to me with her red eyes. Ouch! She really did go all out crying. Well, I would have too if I were in her place. Why would he want her back now? He left her already. Who am I to pity someone else? I’m the one that got dumped by my boyfriend who had fell for this girl in front of me who is crying over another guy.

“It’s fine, now please excuse me,” was all I said before I left the bathroom. I felt like even if I act mean to her there would be nothing for me anyways. I won’t get the love I want from the other people. Just as I was walking to my first class of the day I saw Sora and Eunmi coming my way. I thought they would be like normal and start to talk about things.

“Hey Chohee, you’re out of our group. I heard Luhan oppa broke up with you. I guess you’re too ugly to be his type. Well bye,” Eunmi said with a smirk and both of them left me just like that. I thought they were my friends. Apparently not by the way they just treated me. Today sure is a lucky day. I just got dumped by my boyfriend and my so call “friends” left me too. Well guess I’ll be alone today.

 

“Hey are you ok?”

 

***

Minyoung’s POV

 

After Chohee had left the bathroom both Ahri and I were in a long silence not believing what had just happened. We were both just staring at each other.

“This isn’t a dream right? Pinch me Minyoung,” Ahri said and I did what she told me and pinch her cheeks hard.

“Ouch! Girl I didn’t tell you to pinch that hard!” Ahri whined as she held her cheeks that I pinched and started to rubbed them. I just laughed at her. It wasn’t every day that I get to be mean to Ahri and all. So let me enjoy the time while I can.

“Wait, you asked me to come here. What’s the reason?” she asked me and all the memories from this morning came running back into my mind. I didn’t want to remember all those things he had said to me. I didn’t want him back. I don’t want to repeat history. What if he leaves me again? And he won’t come back.

“Is it him again?” Ahri asked with a serious face. I just nodded at her not really wanting to mention or do anything about him. The past three years had been enough and now he’s back in my life again as if nothing has happen. I don’t want this!

“He said he wants me back and is willing to court me all over again. What should I do? This morning when he looked at me and smiled I didn’t feel the usual heart flips anymore. It’s a good sign right? That I have move on from him,” I said to Ahri with a small smile. She just sighed at me and said nothing. It was quiet for a few minutes before she broke the silence.

“Minyoungie, I do have to ask do you really want to be with him? From what you just said I think you might have already over him. But knowing how he was before he won’t stop until he gets you or until you get a boyfriend and prove that you no longer have feelings for him.” Ahri said with a small smile. I knew she would really hate it if I get back together with Dae oppa. She has seen me during my worst times because of him and I’m sure she wouldn’t want me to repeat it again.

“I don’t know Ahri-ah. He was my first love and he does hold a lot of memories. Memories that I don’t want to forget even if it hurts me in one way or another.” Ahri sighed with my answer. I know that I didn’t say what she had wanted me to.

“Just make sure you know what you want ok? We better head to our class now. We only have a few minutes left before class starts. Well see you later ok? Bye!” Ahri said as she rushed out because her class was nearly on the other side of the building. She left even more I could say bye to her. I just sighed to myself knowing that this is a big dilemma I have to face in my life. I need to get over this. It’s either I have to get back together with Dae oppa and act like nothing happened or I find someone new to love. For sure Dae oppa doesn’t have my heart anymore. My heart doesn’t beat for him anymore. Now I just have to find someone whom my heart will beat for.

Yes I can do this! I can get over him and find someone new to love.

With that positive thought I went to my first class. I rushed a bit since I was scared I would get tardy. There is no way I’m going to make my grades drop a bit just because I was late to my class. Luckily when I get to class, we all still have a few minutes before school would officially begin. Mr. Kang came in a bit after me and started his lesson.

An hour and a half later the class was done and I head out to my next class. It was a bit of a walk since it was on another floor. When I arrived to my class Luhan was already there at our seat and he grinned and waved at me which I replied with a smile. Then I remembered that Dae oppa sat behind us and my smile dropped upside down immediately. I quietly went to my seat and sat down.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked me as I sat down on my seat. I turn my head to look at him and he does seem worried.

“It’s nothing. I just don’t like sitting here you know,” I said with a hint in my voice. It was obvious that he got my hint and nodded. What happened next rather surprised me though. Luhan was patting my head with a smile.

“Just ignore him. I’m here to help you ok?” He said as he gave me his famous grandpa smile. Just how can someone look so young and then turn into a grandpa when he smiles? I giggled at my thought and Luhan look surprise on how fast my moods changed to.

“What were you thinking?” he asked with a suspicious look. I just laughed more at how he different he looks now than a few seconds ago.

“It’s nothing,” I said as I tried to control my laughter and turn straight so I was facing the whiteboard at the front. Even though the teacher isn’t here yet I took out my books and all knowing that Luhan was annoyed by actions. What I didn’t expect was him to start tickling me.

 

POKE POKE

 

Luhan started to poke my sides as I began to wiggle in my seat. Why did he have to aim the place where I am the most ticklish? I tried my best to slap his hands away even though I totally fail in that aspect. After a few minutes he stopped as I catch my breath before slapping him on his arm.

“Ouch!” Luhan exclaimed while I just stuck my tongue out at him. He was the one that started to poke me anyways and I didn’t say anything about not hurting him.

“Damn girl how can you hit so hard?” he glared at me. I just meronged him because who started this? It was all him.

“I didn’t hit you that hard girl,” I exclaimed like how I would talk to with Ahri. Luhan’s eyes widened when I called him girl as I hold my laughter at his “wtf” face. Well it’s not every day a “manly” person like him gets called by a girl a “girl.”

“What did you said?! Oh my gawd! Did you just call me “gurl?” He pointed a finger at my face and poked my forehead with it. I glared at him.

“Yes I did so you better not make a huge fuss about it,” I grinned at him and turn back to the front. Luckily the teacher had already arrived in class that Luhan can’t say anything to me. I was happy at my triumph.

During the class we kept passing notes for no reason. And he reminded me that we have out hang out after school today to forget you know who. Somehow I can’t wait for it after school.

 

***

Author's Note - I'm sorry that this chapter . I have a writer's block right now and it's not supposed to happen! I have less than a month to finish this story and I doubt I would finish it. I just want to start school again after I finish this so I don't have to worry much about not updating. I will try my best ^^