Chapter 1

My Secret Crush

Minyoung's POV

 

RIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!

 

There goes my stupid alarm clock. It's still 5 in the morning but I have to get ready to go to school. I hate this daily routine of mine. School isn’t a place I actually enjoy being at. To tell the truth I have this kind of two bullies of mine. Well, they just normally call me names and stuff. I don’t consider this something terrible unless they started to hurt me physically. That would bring so much trouble.

There is this secret that only two people know at my school. I’m the one and only sister of Kim Jongin, also known as Kai is one of the kingkas at school along with his friends Exo and my over protective brother. The two lucky people are my best friend Ahri and of course oppa’s best friend; Oh Sehun. It’s just I had this bad past of people pretending to be my friend so they can get close to my brother. Now our relationship is kept a secret.

 Now I have to get ready for school or I'm really going to be late. I quickly took a shower which lasted for ten minutes. Then I changed into my uniform, it’s not half bad to have a uniform. I rather not spend more than a few hours going over what to wear to school every day. After changing, I went downstairs to the dining room where my mom and dad were already seated.

"Morning umma and appa, where's oppa?" I asked mom since my brother was nowhere in my sight. He’s probably still asleep considering how much of a pig he is. In this whole house, he is always the last one to get up just because. Even if he sleeps earlier than most of us, he is always the last to wake up.

"Your oppa is still asleep. Do you mind waking him up Minyoung-ah?" replied umma. I nodded at her and went back upstairs to the room right across from mine. I should do something like a prank to wake him up. He wouldn’t do or say anything considering the fact that I’m his one and only precious younger sister.

Kai oppa is a big sleeper. If he ever wakes up earlier than I do the sun has probably risen from the west and the world is probably about to end. It’s not possible. Even my mom has given up on waking him up, that’s why it’s my job to wake him up. I quickly entered his room.

As I expected, oppa still haven't wake up. I can fix that. I quietly get the pillow on the other side of the bed and lift it up high in the air as if I was going to dunk a basketball in the net and with all my strength and which of course isn’t that much, I slammed the pillow down on my oppa's face. 

 

5       4        3       2       1

 

Kai oppa shot up from his bed with a face that's so priceless and I didn't forget to snap a photo with my phone.  As usual my prank is successful. Kim Minyoung never fails and never will. No one can beat me!

"YAH, KIM MINYOUNG! DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE OF A HEART ATTACK?!" Kai oppa yelled at me. Of course I was in the middle of laughing at his face. He can never get mad at me. And I take that fact to have advantage most of the time.

"Sorry, not sorry. Oppa you should have seen your face. It was like so damn awesome!” I said. Giggles keep escaping from my mouth making my brother snort at me. He looked mad at me for a while before his face started to change into something.

"That's it. You are gonna get it from me," replied oppa while smirking. He started to walk toward me as I started to back away.

Uh oh! I know that face of his. That’s what he does before he starts to tickle me right to my death gate. Before I know it, Kai oppa was already tickling at me, knowing that it was one of my weak spot.

"Oppa please stop! I promise I won't do that again!" I said while giggling involuntarily. I hate being so ticklish because it’s like one of my weakness. Since he was tickling me at my sides, it also kind of hurt. Or is it just me who thinks so?

"You're lucky you’re my sister or I won't let you off the hook," Kai oppa said to me while smiling and ruffling my hair. I glared at him for messing my precious hair. Oppa just give me a grin before getting off his bed which is a big mess. I shook my head at how childish he was.

"Arraso oppa just quickly get ready for school or you're going to be late." I said as I tried to push him in the bathroom with much failure. Ok I’m not that strong. I failed.

"Aigoo, my sister cares so much for me. Ok I'll see you downstairs. Go and eat your breakfast, I don't want my cute Minyoungie going to school with an empty stomach." He said and once again before entering his bathroom, oppa mess my hair up AGAIN! I’m so killing him later.

 

***

 

"Kids eat your breakfast quickly before it gets cold." said appa without leaving his eyes from the newspaper. Dad is always engrossed in the newspaper every day. I had always wondered what kind of interesting news are happening around the world. At least it’s nothing bad in Korea right?

"Nae appa," oppa and I said in unison. Both of us started to gobble up our healthy breakfast of sausages, sunny side up eggs, toast, and some chocolate milk for me and normal milk for oppa. I need my chocolate milk to be hyper! Nah just kidding; I rarely even talk at school except to my bestie.

After finishing my breakfast I quickly said bye to mom and dad. Kai oppa complained to me to wait for him but I didn’t on purpose because I still had to get Ahri at her house which is only three houses away. Yup! That’s how close we live near each other. While going out I saw Sehun oppa waiting outside for my idiot brother.

"Good morning Minyoung-ah" Sehun oppa greeted me good morning while I did the same and exchange a hug. Sehun may seem like a cold person but he actually is warm hearted. It’s just that he doesn’t really enjoy the fan girls at school. Who does anyways? They’re so annoying.

"See you later oppa, I have to go and pick up my best friend." I quickly said bye to him and a see you later at school and walked to Ahri’s house. I arrived but I didn’t really want to bother her parents so I just texted her to come outside.
 

To Ahri:

Come out now

I'm waiting for you in front of your house.

 

From Ahri:

Arraso, I'll be out in a minute ^^

 

Four minutes have pass, and finally Ahri have come out. The thing is she was still combing her hair with her hands. As if she isn’t already looking ready for school. I scowled at her.

 "Yah, what took you so long? I was waiting for about 4 minutes." I asked in an annoyed tone. Not really annoyed but I’m just impatient. I really dislike waiting. Ahri does that on purpose as she knows I get annoy when I have to wait. It’s rare that I’m waiting for something patiently.

 "Mianhe, I was checking my backpack in case I forget something." replied Ahri with her puppy face. That face doesn’t even work on me anymore. I glared at her making her grin.

"Fine but you have to buy me ice-cream after school for making me wait." I said to her with a grin. I lost my energy while waiting for her. To have energy I need one thing: food.  

"You and your obsession with food but fine since I'm also craving for ice-cream," she replied to me with a laugh. My love for food is eternal. I don’t know what I would love more than food in my life.

We hook our arms together and went to school with laughing all the way since we were joking around. It’s always fun to be around your friends isn’t it? They always give you this comfortable and fun atmosphere that no one else gives you. You can be as crazy as you want with your friends and they won’t be care because they’re the same too.

 

***

 

Author's POV

When they arrive at school, there was a crowd of girls at the gates waiting for their EXO oppas. "Wow, it's only 6:55 in the morning and they are already here," said Ahri with an annoyed voice. Minyoung know that Ahri was talking about the fan girls. About 99% of the girls at their school were fan girls of EXO. Minyoung and Ahri were in the 1% that doesn't like EXO.

"Even though my brother is one of them I still don't like them," replied Minyoung with the same tone in her voice. It’s not that Minyoung actually hate them. She just get annoyed because of a certain someone and that certain someone’s girlfriend.

That certain someone was none other than Luhan and that certain someone’s girlfriend is Chohee. It’s not that Luhan actually hates or dislike Minyoung; he just goes along what his girlfriend wants. The reason? It’s because he loves her. Wiped like a little puppy for sure.

 Minyoung apparently doesn’t know that and she really dislike Chohee and Luhan. Chohee is just mean to Minyoung because she actually knows that Minyoung is Kai’s younger sister. Since Chohee dislike Minyoung because of some reasons that happened when they were younger. She still held a grudge because of that till now.

The thing that annoyed Chohee even more is that whenever she tried to embarrassed Minyoung, it’s her who gets embarrassed in the end because of Minyoung’s cold personality that she have at school. At school Minyoung have this silent personality where she only talks to Ahri and talk back only when she is replying to someone. She even ignores her brother and Sehun since there’s a secret to be kept.

Kai understand why Minyoung was acting cold to him at school. He knew that she doesn't want any attention on her. Both he and Sehun have agreed to act like strangers to Minyoung at school. Sehun was also a part of the deal since he was also close with Minyoung. But Minyoung have to promise Kai and Sehun that if Chohee was starting to be too much, she have to agree to the fact that everyone in the school must know that Kai and her are siblings.

Sehun was a close and old childhood friend. He had been with the siblings, and was close to both the brother and the sister. It only started to be trouble when they started grade school when other girls are mean to Minyoung, leaving her out when they play because she was always with those cute boys. Yes, it was because they were jealous.

Ahri became friends with three later two years later when they were in fourth grade. Minyoung and her clicked the moment they met because they shared so many similarities together. Since then the four of them had together always. Many people had envied the friendship within the four of them.

Just when they had started middle school, the two girls had talked to Sehun and Kai telling them that they want to pretend as they had broken their friendship. The girls were getting nasty remarks and names from the other girls since they were always together with the most popular boys in the class.

Of course it took a lot of fights and tears before the two males were convince by the fact that it was probably the best for the two girls. Since they were so close, they didn’t want the two girls to get hurt. That’s when they started to ignore each other in school and pretend that they were no longer friends.

It’s been so long since people had actually seen the four of them together that most people had forgotten about Minyoung and Ahri that they just seem to just fade in to the background. Middle school was bearable because apparently the main girl that bullies the two girls left. She had now come back when they entered High School who was none other than Chohee but the girls didn’t remember her.

During the years, the two males had gained new friends as they all started to be a group called EXO. It actually meant Extraordinary but other thought it was the lost planets. EX from extra and O from the ordinary forming EXO and it became the group name.

Their popularity has rose because of the undeniable looks and their skills in different things like sports, school, and other things. And that’s the history of the four friends.

Now back to the story:

Both Minyoung and Ahri went to their first class. Luckily they have most of their classes together. They both were joking around and stuff when they heard other girls screaming knowing that EXO is already here.

 

Kai oppa please be my boyfriend!!

Baekhyun oppa is so cute!!

Kris oppa is so handsome!!

Lay oppa please accept my chocolates for you!!

Luhan oppa I love you!!

Sehun-ah you are the best!!!

 

Girls like that totally annoyed Minyoung and Ahri. They both dislike those girls screaming their lungs off every single morning as if they won’t lose their voice.

"Ahhh, they kept getting louder everyday it drive me crazy!" Ahri almost scream because she can’t concentrate on the work she had to turn in later and she forgot to do it at home.

"Calm down Ahri-ah. They also drive me nuts but what can we do? They would just scream until they can't even speak because of how sore their throats would be.” Minyoung answered back totally annoyed by those girls.

A few moments later Mr. Park arrived and all the screaming die out knowing that Mr. Park is one of the strictest teachers in the school. Every one rushed to their seats as the queenkas and EXO sat down on their own seats and of course Chohee with her minions near Luhan.

The class took two hours before the second period started. Minyoung was packing her bags as Chohee went to her. When she stood up Chohee pushed her back down on her seat. Apparently that didn’t bother Minyoung one bit, she just got up again and walked around Chohee and her minions with Ahri and went to her next class.

"That I swear I will kill her one day. What the does she always ignore me?!” Chohee said childishly. It was stupid. Everyone knows that Minyoung barely cares and never reacts to how others would treat her. The Ice Princess is just like that; no concerns about others.

“Come one Chohee. Are you that childish? Why are you even bothering her anyways? It’s not like she did anything to you,” Kai said to protect his sister. Of course he had agreed on the deal to ignore her at school but that doesn’t mean he can’t protect her indirectly.  

“Also please shut up. You sound horrible with that voice of yours.” Kai said as he walked out the room with Sehun following him behind.

When they went out Chohee faked a crying face as she ran to Luhan and sat on his lap complaining about how mean Kai is to her.

Luhan of course being the nice boyfriend he is, he comforted her saying that Kai didn’t mean any of the words he said and he probably just had a bad morning. Luckily Chohee stopped whining after a few minutes.

Luhan had no idea why Kai and Sehun hate Chohee. He just thinks they weren’t the best fan for so he usually ignores the mean comments he usually get from them. For now they were the best couple and he loves and she loves him too. Or so that’s what he thought.

 

***

Author's Note - First chapter up! <3