Start over

Forbidden

No one's POV: 

"Come on you two, get in closer" Yixing's dad said and Yixing and his mum stood closer together, smiling for their picture before breaking apart and Yixing going to check how the picture came out before he felt Jongin jump on his back 
"About time you graduated Chinatown!" he said as Yixing caught him to stop the two of them falling straight to the ground whilst Kyungsoo walked over rolling his eyes. 

Yep, after years of studying and stressing and studying and stressing, it was finally Yixing's turn to graduate from university. And good ridance to the place as well! Finally he could start looking for a job and start the long process of paying of his student loans. 

So how did Yixing get to be where he is today? 

Well, firstly it started with him being back in China. It was weird. For a whole year he was use to the headmaster or his wife waking him up so he wouldn't be late for schoo. He was use to having Kyungsoo and Jongin with him and bickering over something new everyday. He was use to there being another language besides his native language there with him everyday. But that was no longer the case. Now it was his mum or dad who woke him up for school. Now it was just the two of three friends who hardly ever bickered sitting with him. Now he was stuck back into the same boring routine which encouraged him to apply for the year long course in the first place!

It was decided in the first month of coming back to China that when he was to leave to go to university, he was going back to Korea. There was to be no discussion about it. 

Anyway, let's go away from the schooling side of Yixing's life for a second. What about his parents? How were they with him when he first came back? Well, let's be honest here, it was awkward... very awkward! For a while the three of them couldn't properly speak to each other and Yixing spent most of his time cooped up in his room speaking to Kyungsoo and Jongin or going over some of his schoolwork. 

This carried on for a good month or two until Yixing's dad called a family meeting whereby the three of them sat in the living room and finally talked things out about their son being homoual. It took a while yeah, but slowly, Yixing's parents grew to accept the fact that their son was who he was and they shouldn't be ashamed of it. So yeah, Yixing's parents finally accept him, he finishes school with top grades and goes back to Korea to go to university. What does he study do I hear you ask? Simple really; doctor. Now he's graduated and ready to start his life and it's all one big happy ending right? 

Wrong

Sure, Yixing's life was now going the way he wanted it to go but there was always something missing. There was always that one person he would keep a lookout for and wish that they would return. Even if it was for one day! He wanted Joonmyeon back so badly. All he wanted was to see him again... 

-------

"And where are you going mister?" the headmaster asked as Yixing walked towards the door 
"I'm just going out for a walk" Yixing replied as Kyungsoo poked his head around the corner 
"Remember to be back by seven, we're going out to celebrate" he said and Yixing nodded 
"Yes mum" he replied and grinned when Kyungsoo stuck his tongue out at him before walking out of the house. 

.......

Opening the gate, Yixing paused and took a shaky breath in before advancing in further. It had been so long since he had been here. The last time he had visited the place was the day before he returned to China. He had to visit the place one more time after all. Who knows when he was to come back to the place? On that visit, he bought Kyungsoo and Jongin along with him. He figured he was going to have to tell the two of them about the place, about how he knew about it... it was there he told the two of them about him and Joonmyeon and the real reason as to why he had to leave. 

Walking through, Yixing soon came to the familiar scenary. Everything was the same as he remembered it... the grass needed a t but that was about it. 

Taking a seat on the bench, Yixing looked out at the lake in front of him. Memories of the place came flooding back to him. The afternoon he spent here with Joonmyeon cloud watching. The evening he spent with Chanyeol as they got to know each other and built up a basic friendship. The morning he sat here trying to calm Jongin and Kyungsoo down when he told the two of them about the relationship with his teacher. All of these bought a smile to his face. 

"A little birdie told me you graduated today" came a voice, making Yixing's heart leap... that voice... 
"Y-yeah, I just need to take some exam and I'll be a fully liscenced doctor" he replied as the person smiled and walked over to the bench. Yixing wanted to turn and run. He wanted to turn around, he wanted to run to the person and throw his arms around them, ask them where they had been this whole time. But he couldn't. Everything just left him the second he heard that voice. 

"May I?" and when Yixing looked... there he was... smiling at him. He hadn't changed a bit... Joonmyeon... he was back!
"S-sure" he replied and with that Joonmyeon sat down next to him, staring at him 
"You've grown since I last saw you" he said, reaching out to Yixing's cheek but stopped himself and instead looked out at the river, the two of them falling into silence until Yixing spoke up again. 

"Wh-where have been... all this time?" he asked 
"Out and about" Joonmyeon began, not turning to face Yixing just yet 
"After I sent the letter from Busan, I went to the school I was relocated to on Jeju Island, finished the year there and then went travelling for a bit. I went and taught in China at one point... I even thought about tracking you down whilst I was there but I didn't... we weren't ready for our reunion just yet" he continued. 

"Then I got to speaking to Chanyeol who told me you were back in Korea at university, he told me you guys frequently spoke to each other. It was the headmaster though, he tracked me down, offered me my job back at the school and told me about today" he finished and Yixing nodded, Joonmyeon finally turning to face him, smiling gently. 

"What you said was right... it did get better for me in the end" Yixing said and Joonmyeon nodded 
"I told you it would" he replied 
"Yeah... but there was always something missing" Yixing muttered and Joonmyeon knew instantly what he meant as he bit his lip. 

"Well we're both here now... and you're not exactly shouting at me so... how about we start over?" he asked before holding out his hand 
"Hi. I'm Kim Joonmyeon" he said and Yixing smiled before taking his hand and shaking it 
"And I'm Zhang Yixing" he replied...