He left?

Forbidden

No one's POV: 

The next day at school started like any other day. Yixing would get a lift to the school with the headmaster, meet up with Kyungsoo and Jongin and then go see Joonmyeon for a bit at the end of the day. Except... well... on their way to school, Yixing couldn't help but feel as though the headmaster was acting different. He couldn't quite put his finger on what it was, but something about the way he was acting bothered him. And he didn't like it. 

"Are you alright?" he asked as the headmaster stopped at a red light 
"Hm? Yes of course. That meeting took quite a lot out of me yesterday so I'm actually just a bit tired" the headmaster replied and Yixing just nodded, leaving it at that. Why? He knew what the headmaster was talking about. Yixing and the headmaster's wife were home by four, but the headmaster didn't return until almost seven that night. When he did, he and his wife just kept speaking in hushed tones and stopped talking the moment Yixing walked into the room. Yixing could sense that something was wrong... but he didn't know what. 

-------

By lunchtime, there was talk. Huge talk. Nearly every students had heard the news so far and couldn't understand why it had happened. What had happened? Well Kyungsoo and Yixing wanted to know as well. 

"What's everyone talking about today?" Kyungsoo asked, making Jongin frown 
"You haven't heard yet?" to which Yixing and Kyungsoo shook their heads. How could they have not heard the news? Everyone else has!
"Joonmyeon's gone" he said 
"What do you mean gone?" Kyungsoo asked to which an uneasy feeling settled in Yixing's stomach and was dreading for what was going to come out of Jongin's mouth next.

"He's left" to which Yixing's eyes widened and Kyungsoo's mouth fell open 
"He left? Why?" he asked and Jongin shrugged his shoulders 
"I don't know, the headmaster came in to explain to us that Joonmyeon left and we're going to have a new teacher for the remainder of the year" he replied and Yixing felt his heart drop. 

How come Joonmyeon never told him he was leaving? Did he know all along that he was going to be leaving at some point and never told Yixing so he didn't make him sad? What was going on here? 

.....

Walking into their class, Kyungsoo and Yixing could see all the students chatting amongst themselves about the fact that it was not going to be Joonmyeon who would be teaching them today, but someone else. They were all coming up with reasons as to why he may have left and even Kyungsoo was joining in on the conversation. Meanwhile Yixing just sat there... confused, angry, heartbroken. How could Joonmyeon just leave him like that and not give him an indication leading up to today that he was going?

As the headmaster entered the room, the class feel silent as students ran to their seats and the headmaster waited before he began speaking 
"As you all may know by now, Mr Kim will no longer be teaching you" he began as a student put up their hand 
"C-can we know why?" they asked as the headmaster scanned the room and his eyes landed on Yixing 
"Something has come up in his personal life and feels that he cannot juggle his job and his personal life together" he replied before explaining what was going to happen as a result. 

But this, to Yixing, was not the answer he was looking for. He had an inkling that the headmaster was hiding something, that he knew more than what he was telling everyone... but it didn't look like he was going to be telling anytime soon. 

.....

The ride back home was quiet. Yixing was miserable. And the headmaster ever so often took glances at him, sighing, opening his mouth to say something to Yixing but always closed it before anything came out. 

He knew 

He knew about the boy and Joonmyeon. He knew since a teacher approached him to tell him that over the weekend he saw Joonmyeon holding Yixing's hand and was leading him somewhere. At first he didn't believe it, maybe they were just seeing things. Soon the same teacher kept approaching him and telling him that on certain weekends they kept seeing Yixing out with Joonmyeon. Slowly it clicked. Every weekend Yixing said he was at the library, he was probably with Joonmyeon. He was doing a pretty good job at covering it up.

But the headmaster knew. And he had to do something about it. 

When they arrived at the house, Yixing just got out of the car and went straight to his room. He didn't say anything to the headmaster or his wife, he just went straight to his room, laid on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. He didn't know why he did that... he just did... 

"Yixing" came the headmasters wife's voice half an hour later 
"Yixing? There's someone here to see you" she said, walking into his room and stood there waiting for Yixing to get up and go down the stairs. Except, she didn't come with him, instead she went straight to the kitchen where her husband was. Walking down the stairs, Yixing was wondering who could have been there for him; Jongin was helping his mum plan a surprise party for his dad and Kyungsoo was studying for a history test he had coming up. 

When he got to the door, he was going to tell the person he just wanted to be left alone for the evening. But when he looked up, his eyes widened when he saw Joonmyeon standing there... 


You're going to hate me in the next chapter for what is about to happen. 

Also, the story is going to probably end soon

Until the next chapter!!