Congratulations!

My Annoying Next Door Neighbour

YOUR POV

Weeks have passed and I had the best time in Japan. Even though our parents chose our destination and I had to pretty much beg to go to places, it was still really fun. Today was our graduation day and I was determined to arrive early. I mean, I enjoy school but I'm also happy that it's finally ending soon. Even though we do the usual thing where you get a certificate to say you've completed school, we also get special awards. "Not like I'd get any," I muttered.

I straightened my skirt as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.Today is going to be the last day I'm going to be wearing this grey blazer and blue plaid skirt. I sighed as I rushed down to the door. I saw Kris leaning on our gate. "You ready?" He asked, half smiling. I nodded as he intertwined his hands with mine. We walked to school hand in hand. Somehow, people have accepted our relationship. I don't know how they found out or who told them but I'm happy being like this. 

I glanced around everywhere like a tourist. I've been here for 4 years already but it feels like today is my first day. "I'm really going to miss this school," I said. "How'd you enjoy Grade 12?" I heard a voice. I turned around. Who is this?  

"U-Um, Kris Oppa told me to give this to you," The girl said, handing a beautifully wrapped gift to me. Another girl joined her and also handed me a gift, then another, then another. 

Soon enough I was holding 12 wrapped boxes in my hand. The girls told me they were from each of the boys in exo. I laughed as I quickly unwrapped them. Huh? What is this? The boxes just had letters in them.

C N O G A R U T A L T O N I S

I unjumbled the words. My last day in school and they test me on my unjumbling skills.

 CONGRATULATIONS.

I giggled. Even though it was only letters, it was cute. Then something caught my eye. A shiny object in Kris's box almost blinded me. I picked up the object. It was a beautiful necklace with two hearts on them. I looked closely and realised on the hearts our names were engraved. He got this custom made? It must've been so expensive!  

Someone took the necklace out of my hands. "Here," Kris whispered into my ear, sending me shivers. He moved my hair over my shoulers and put the necklace on me. He gave me a backhug. "Congratulations on graduating," He said, kissing my cheek. "We haven't officially gratuated yet," I laughed, "But thankyou."

•••

We've all received our certificates and it was time for the special awards. I was bored, knowing I wouldn't get any. Finally, they were up to the last award.

"Finally, the spirit of our school," The principal started. "This student displays amazing enthusiasm towards work and is trustworthy and hardworking," He took a breath. "This student takes pride in attending our school and never lets the staff down." His eyes scanned the audience. "This award recipient is...Lee Hyomin."

I almost fell. Did I just hear right? "WOOO!" The boys cheered. I nervously walked on stage and shook hands with the principal, accepting my award. I awkwardly posed as parents and friends took pictures. "Go Hyomin!" I heard Luhan cheer. "Noona!" Tao yelled. I saw my parents in the audience, clapping happily. I grinned and walked back down. "I'm so proud of you," Kris said, wrapping his arms around me as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I smiled but my head started to spin and I felt dizzy. I ignored it and gave him my sweetest smile. 

____

Graduation was now over. "I'll miss this school," I whispered as our parents drove us back. "Good Work!" The 4 adults praised me. I could only smile but the dizziness was getting the best of me. "What's wrong?" Kris asked, looking worried. I shook my head. "Nothing, I'm just tired," I lied as I closed my eyes. I felt like vomiting, my stomach felt weird and my head was spinning so fast. I said nothing, but I know something is happening. 

Our parents dropped us back home and I waited until the dizziness went away. It would be on and off. I would feel okay at times and terrible at other times. "Hey Kris," I said. it was out 6pm. "I'm just heading to the park," I lied. He stood up, grabbing his keys. "No you don't have to go with me, I'm only going for a stroll," I told him. He kept arguing until he finally gave up. "Fine," He said. "Don't be too long."

I made my way out and headed to the nearest hospital. The park was actually the opposite direction. I walked into the door and felt the warm air inside the hospital make contact with my skin. "Can I help you?" The girl at the desk asked with a smile. "I've been feeling extremely nauseous and dizzy, I don't know what's happening," I told her. She jotted down what I said in a clipboard. "Follow me," She said, bringing me into a room.

 

"So you're feeling nauseous and dizzy?" The doctor asked, flipping through the clipboard. I nodded. "Let's give you a check," She said. After a while she smiled. "Congratulations!" She exclaimed. Okay, this is the 2nd time I've been congratulated today. "You're 3 weeks pregnant!" She smiled. My mouth hung open. Did I hear right? Pregnant? Then I remembered the night with Kris in Japan. I gulped as she guided me through the steps of pregnancy. "Thankyou," I said softly, walking towards the exit. "Remember no physical activity, it might hurt the baby!" The doctor told me. I just nodded and bowed. As soon as I exited the hospital, I frantically typed my Mum's phone number into my phone.

"Hello, Hyomin? Oh I'm having so much fun with Kris's parents!" My Mum said. I could hear the terrible karaoke singing it the background which probably belonged to my Dad.

I remained quiet. 

"Hyomin? What's wrong?" I heard her ask.

"Omma, I'm pregnant"

It was silent for a while then I heard cheering.

omg what is wrong with them? This is an important thing!

"Congratulations, Honey! It's about time for grandchilden!" She screamed, almost blowing my eardrum. 

"Have you told Kris?" She asked. 

"No," I replied, a little worried.

"Oh dear, go tell him now," She said.

I nodded, not that she could see me. "Bye Omma, love you," I said as I hung up. I quickly walked home and saw Kris holding a plastic cup in one hand and a milk bottle in the other. "Oh wel-" He stopped. "Why are you breathing so heavily?" He asked, worried.

"Kris, I'm pregnant."

His mouth was wide open and the only sound I could hear was from the plastic cup as it hit the floor.

~~~

o m f g

if you like bts please check out my new fic~

enjoy~