Chapter 41: Ghosts, Flashback

More than words

 

 

A certain tall girl was struggling with the keys, trying to open the door in front of her.

"Aiiiish, the keys are so stubborn.." She puffed her cheeks because of frustration.
 "Come on I am so tired, I need to head inside and rest…….. Oh god finally"

And she succeeded in her mission to open the stubborn door, she grabbed her suitcase and stepped inside the apartment, her head was hanging low.

But the moment she lifted her head, her eyes turned wide open at the sight in front of her. She guided her hand to cover her open mouth because of shock.

"Oh My God, Jessica" She shouted before dropping her suitcase to the floor feeling the dizziness taking over her. She tried to get hold of herself but she failed, A loud thud was heard when Krsytal landed on the floor, unconscious.

With wide shocked eyes, Alice looked at the girl in front of her

"Who is she??! …………..My head hurts so much" Said Alice, She felt the pain all over her head and couldn't understand the reason behind it,  She tried to overcome the pain but for no use.

 Her vision was getting blurry, and in a few more seconds she followed the unconscious girl on the floor and collapsed along with her.

 

Back to Yul & Yunho:

 

"Oh god Yuri, slow down, you'll crush us along with the car if you keep driving that fast ...... oh my..." Yunho held his breath when yuri avoided succefuly a car that was coming their way. The way she's driving right now, will absolutely take their life away.

 

"Did you try to call Krystal?" She asked while trying to keep her attention in the road. She was grabbing the steering wheel so tightly with fear and anger. Fear cause something bad may happen to her princess, and anger at her own brother cause he didn't inform her before about Krystal being in the US. it’s not that she hate the girl, she really missed seeing her, but she's angry because of the sudden arrival.

 

"I tried, but I think her phone's battery died, can you ing slow down and explain to me what's happening??" Shouted Yunho with closed eyes, afraid to look at the road in front of him, he may die because of fear.

 

"We're here" finally announced Yuri; she stepped out the car without even trying to stop the engine, leaving a dumbfounded mad Yunho behind her.

 

"My crazy sister will be the death of me, I am sure of that" mumbled Yunho to himself after stopping the car's engine. He then took fast steps following his sister.

 

 Taking the elevator to reach her apartment faster, Yuri kept tapping her foot on the floor making a disturbing noise to her brother. He tried to keep his cool but failed, and what made it even worst is the fact that she's not talking to him at all.

 

Taking few breaths in and out he headed towards his sister, grabbed her by the collar then pinned her against the elevator's wall.

 

"And why are you so angry about the fact that Krystal is in your apartment right now???? Are you hiding something or someone there?" He asked with scary fierce eyes, he thought that Yuri will be scared of him and answer, but heck no, he was totally wrong; she just kept staring at him not trying to utter a single word or answer him. Something was running inside her mind that kept her from paying attention to her brother's question. And that made Yunho even angrier.

 

"You'll spell out what the is happening or else I swear I will..." He couldn't finish his words, the elevator door opened signaling that they arrived at Yuri's apartment, they both turned their heads to look outside the elevator, and the sight in front of them, made them both shocked.

 

With wide open eyes, Yunho let go of his sister's collar, then rushed towards the two unconscious bodies lying on the floor, Yuri following behind.

 

"Oh my god Krystal, what happened?"

 

"Oh my god Jessica"

 

Both siblings shouted at the same time, each one of them headed to one of the unconscious girls, but hearing Yuri shouting Jessica’s name, captured Yunho attention.

 

He averted his eyes to look at the girl lying beside Krystal, his eyebrows knitted together because of shock and confusion.

 

"Oh no, you must be kidding me, who's she???" he shouted with wide eyes pointing at Jessica, he tried to believe the scene in front of him, but it was so illogical.

 

"Can you shut up and help me to carry them inside" answered Yuri glaring, she knows that she needs to explain so many things to her confused brother, but at least they need to head inside the apartment and avoid any misunderstanding with the neighbors.

 

Yunho didn't move, he kept glued on his place while shooting Yuri cold questioning glares, maybe asking her to explain the crazy situation they're in.

 

"I promise I’ll explain, but please let's go inside first"

 

He nodded his head then carried Krystal on his arms and followed Yuri inside the apartment.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Don't you think we should take them to the hospital to make sure they are fine" Asked Yunho after putting Krystal down on the couch inside the living room. Yuri shook her head as a no.

 

"I think they just need to rest a little, and I am sure they'll be fine, there's no scratches or wounds on their bodies" Answered Yuri still carrying her princess's in her arms.

 

"I'll take her to my room, wait for me, please" pleaded the tanned girl with a serious look, she knows how much her brother is mad at her.

 

"Don't worry, I'll go nowhere, you still need to explain to me this whole craziness"

 

After receiving her brother's answer, Yuri started walking towards her bedroom with calm footsteps making sure not to disturb the angel in her arms.

 

------------------------------------

 

Yunho's Pov:

 

Oh god, I feel like my head will explode anytime soon, what I saw moments ago was absolutely unbelievable. Who’s the girl I saw earlier? Is she really Jessica? It can't be, cause Jessica is already ......

 

No no no, that's impossible, Maybe she just looks like Jessica. Aiiiiiish, I feel like going crazy.

 

But the way Yuri was looking at that girl was so full of care and love, and as I remember she only looks like that when she was with her girlfriend Jessica. But still...

 

"Oh, my head hurts, where am I???" A voice interrupted me from my deep thoughts; I turned my head towards the voice's source to find a tired looking Krystal yawning while ruffling her hair.

 

"Hey you, Are you hurt somewhere?" I rushed towards her in the couch and start scanning her body, but she stopped me by yanking my hands away. I looked at her wide open eyes.

 

"Yeah oppa, what are you doing? I am fine, don't worry, nothing hurts, really" she assured then adjusted her position so she is now facing me.

 

"What happened?" She asked me; maybe she still couldn't remember what happened to her before she fainted.

 

"I think I am the one who should ask you that" I answered back rising both eyebrows, she was about to respond when Yuri joined our conversation.

 

 

No one's POV:

 

After making sure the sleepyhead princess's lying comfortably on her bed, Yuri planted a soft kiss on her lover's forehead then headed outside the bedroom to find a wide awake Krystal and a confused Yunho looking at her.

 

"Yuri Unnieeee" Shouted Krystal the moment her eyes made contact with Yuri’s, she stood up from the couch and ran towards Yuri then covered her in a warm hug showing how much she missed her.

 

"Aigoooo, loosen up a little, you'll suffocate me" Joked yuri.

 

"Don't you miss me Unnie" Said Krystal pouting, she let go of the hug, then stared at Yuri with crossed arms.

 

"Aiiiiish, of course I miss you, come here give me another hug" With a wide smile covering her face, Krystal complied and threw her arms around Yuri’s shoulders in another hug.

 

"Okey girls, I know how much you missed each other, but there's something more important we need to talk about it, right???" Yunho was the one who interrupted Yuri and Krystal sisterly embrace. Krystal again broke the hug then glared at Yunho with cold fierce eyes. The Jung’s famous glare.

 

"What? Don't you want to tell us why you fainted earlier?" he turned the glare back.

 

Hearing Yunho's question, Krystal mind started remembering what happened to her before she collapsed on the floor. When the memory hit her, her eyes turned wide open. She turned her attention to Yuri and started shaking her by the shoulder.

 

"Oh my god, Was I dreaming when I saw Jessica in your apartment? I was dreaming right? It can't be real? Cause she's already dead...." realizing what she just blurted out, Krystal let go of Yuri’s shoulders to cover her own mouth. Yuri just stared at her with knitted eyebrows.

 

"What the heck are you talking about? Jessica's dead?" Asked Yuri with so much curiosity and confusion. Krystal's words about Jessica being dead are really mixing her thoughts.

 

"Guys, We can't understand each other if we don't calm down and talk like normal people, so can you girls sit down and talk maturely, I think all of us need to explain so many things" Yunho's stern words sent chills to the both girls’ spins, They nodded their heads obediently and walked towards the couch facing Yunho.

 

"Okey, who wants to start?" Stated the only guy in the group, receiving a raising hand from Krystal.

 

"I'll talk first" both siblings nodded their heads signaling her to start her words.

 

"Thanks.." grinned Krystal.

 

"I know I was so tired because of the flight, and my mind maybe was imagining things, but what I saw when I first entered Yuri Unnie's apartment felt so real till the point I couldn't control my own body, I wanted to ran to her and hug her but...." the younger girl couldn't end her words, yunho stopped her.

 

"Krys, can you please go straight to the point"

 

Before answering, Krystal signaled the siblings to come closer to her, and without hesitation they complied.

 

 

"I saw Jessica's ghost" She whispered in their ears. Yuri raised her eyebrows because of confusion, and what made her even more confused and shocked is her brother's next words.

 

"Me too, I saw her ghost, I thought that I am the only one seeing ghosts" He whispered, then turned his gaze to look at his sister.

 

"Guys, why are you whispering?" Asked the tanned girl, she felt confused because of Krys and yunho's weird behavior.

 

"Cause we're talking about dead people" They both whispered at the same time, making Yuri more confused about their crazy words.

 

"Okey, I think there's a misunderstanding here" Yuri moved back so she's now setting comfortably on the couch. She ruffled her hair because of frustration and so much thinking. 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Inhaling and exhaling, Yuri stretched the back of her head then said.

 

"The girl you saw earlier is really Jessica" She was waiting for a happy reaction from the two people beside her, especially Krystal, cause three years without seeing her dear sister's absolutely enough to build enough yearning inside Krystal’s heart,  but heck no, she received no reaction at all from none of them. They both kept silent.

 

Yunho turned his attention towards Krystal; so many questions were running in both their heads. They were like having a telepathy conversation at that moment.

 

Yuri was about to repeat her words but got interrupted by her brother's next shocking sentence.

 

"Jessica's is dead, three years ago" Said Yunho with so much calm in his voice; he knew that his words will absolutely broke Yuri’s heart. He moved closer to her maybe trying to comfort her, but she backed away from him. Her heart tightened because of the thought that Jessica is dead, but again that was absolutely impossible.

 

"She's not dead, if she's dead, then who's the girl in my bedroom" Yuri was asking her own self, the words she's hearing from her brother were absolutely so hard to believe.

 

She knows that some puzzle's pieces are missing, there's absolutely a stupid misunderstanding between them, and she needs to make things clear and understandable.

 

"Okey, who told you she's dead, cause as I remember she left me with Donghae, I can't remember anyone telling me that she's dead" Asked yuri trying to steal more explanations from Yunho.

 

Yunho glanced at Krystal, and she returned the glance back, maybe they were asking each other if they should tell Yuri what happened three years ago, after few more glances, they arrived to a decision.

 

"You remember the day when we were at Donghae's house, the same day you told me that jessica left you and ran away with him" Asked Yunho, trying to take things slow so he won't surprise his sister, Yuri nodded her head as a yes.

 

"Of course, how can I forget the worst day of my life" She said while smiling bitterly remembering how hurt she was in that day.

 

"That day.... 

 

 

Flashback:

 

"DONGHAAAAAE"

"Oh GOD" the three of them said at the same time,then followed Yuri inside the house.

"Donghae isn't here right now, he went on a t..trip with his f…friends" said Suzy stuttering.

"I swear I saw him entering the house a moment ago, i am not BLIND"

Suzy didn't know what to answer or how to hide her nervousness, she needs to help her brother but she doesn't know how.

She looked towards yunho's direction and mouthed to him.

'Please help, I’ll explain to you later'

Yunho nodded his head and went towards Yuri.

"Look Yuri, you are drunk, that's why it seems to you that you saw Donghae, but he's not here, Suzy already said that he's not in Seoul" said yunho trying to convince the angry yuri.

"I don't believe you, I am not that stupid, JUST COME OUT YOU JERK" she yelled again.

"Hey hey hey, look at me, can't you believe your only brother, did I ever let you down, please have faith on me, and I swear everything will be okey" said yunho while grabbing Yuri’s face between his hands.

"B....but they t...took her away f...from me, how everything can be okey?" Yuri again started crying.

"Shh, I know baby, let's go home now, and I promise I’ll help you to find your girl, okey?" said yunho while wiping Yuri’s tears.

Yuri only nodded, she feels so tired from yelling and crying, she just needs to rest.

"Huyna can you please take her home" asked yunho.

"Of course"

"Aren't you coming with us?" asked Yuri, this time with a low voice.

"No, you go first, and I’ll be home soon, okey"

Huyna held Yuri’s hand and walked towards the door.

After making sure that Yuri is away enough from them, Yunho turned his attention to Suzy.

 

"You need to explain, NOW" said Yunho with a stern serious voice.

*

Suzy nodded nervously. She knows that lying won't help her or her brother. She needs Yunho's help to make things right.

 

"Can you sit down first" She signaled Yunho to sit on the couch, and without arguing he complied. She followed him and sat on the couch in front of him, so they’re facing one another.

 

"Okay, promise me first that you’ll hear me till the end and please don't get angry" He just nodded signaling her to carry on with her words.

 

Suzy took few breaths in and out preparing herself for the long explanation she's about to make.

 

"Jessica didn't run away with Donghae, he …..kidnapped her..."

 

"WHAT??" Shouted Yunho with so much anger on his face, He stood from the couch and headed towards Suzy grabbing her by the shoulder. He was about to start yelling again but Suzy talked first.

 

"You promised that you'll stay calm, cause what I will say next is more way shocking" There was a hint of fear in Suzy's voice. The sight of an angry Yunho in front of her really scared her. She never saw him like that before. It seems like Jessica is so important to him too.

 

"She tried to escape from Donghae, but the moment she stepped out of Donghae's car, another car was coming her way, and .......... it hit her, she got crushed by the car.....

 

Yunho's eyes turned red because of the tears that were flowing down his cheeks, he felt angry and sad at the same time. The words he's hearing right now will absolutely break Yuri down. And the thought of a broken Yuri, killed him inside.

 

"And my stupid brother didn't try to help her, he was afraid and panicked at that moment, he didn't know what to do, so he just left her there and drove away, I think she's .......dea..." She was about to say the most unwanted word but got interrupted by Yunho's loud voice.

 

"NO, you must be kidding, right? That’s not true? jessica is fine, she can't be dead? How can I tell Yuri this, huh? I ing can't tell her, she may go crazy... and ..."

 

"I am sorry, please…." Suzy was trying to apologize, she may not be the reason behind the accident, but she felt like she needs to apologize. But unfortunately, yunho wasn't paying attention to her apology, he was so drown in anger and sadness.

 

"But what make you so sure that she's dead? Did you call the police? We need to call them, we need to find Jessica and bring her to the hospital, wa can't..."

 

"She's dead Yunho, there's nothing we can do.......

 

"No we can't stay here without doing anything, I am sure she's still alive, she can't leave Yuri, oh my god How can I tell this to her?? No No"

 

He grabbed his phone and started dialing some numbers, but Suzy was fast enough to yank the phone away from his hands, he looked at her with wide open eyes, shocked at her bold sudden action.

 

"You can't call the police, I don't want my brother to spend the rest of his life in the jail, he didn't mean for this to happen, I am sure he's guilty right now, please you can't destroy his life..."

 

Yunho kept staring at suzy while listening to her illogical words, so many thoughts were running inside his mind, but he didn't know how to think or what to do.

 

"Okey, let's suppose that I won't call the police, then what about Yuri, what if she knows about this whole , I am ing sure she'll kill the hell out of him, she even may kill herself...

 

"Then don't tell her…. she doesn't need to know this" Suzy stopped yunho's words with her sudden crazy suggestion, making Yunho even angrier than before.

 

"Don’t tell her? She doesn't need to know this? you're kidding me right, I really can't believe you Suzy" he smiled bitterly with some tears still filling his eyes, the thought of Yuri knowing about Jessica's death is making him unable to think straight.

 

He feels tied and doesn't know what to do, or which decision to take.

 

Ruffling his short hair, he walked again towards the couch to rest his aching feet. He sat there burying his face in both his hands, his head was burning with so much thoughts.

 

Suzy just stood frozen on her spot, she couldn't utter a single word, so she just kept silent giving some time to yunho to think about her idea.

 

"I may control Yuri knowing that Jessica left her and ran away with another guy, But I can never control her if she knows that the love of her life is dead" After the long thinking session Yunho finally broke the silent.

 

"This will stay between us, no one needs to know about this" Suzy only nodded her head agreeing to Yunho's words.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

"Only me Krystal and Huyna know about this" finally after narrating the whole thing about Jessica's accident, yunho ended his words with a long sigh. His throat felt dry because of so much talking.

 

"And Amber too" Stated Krystal receiving a fierce glare from Yunho. Then they both turned their attention to look at the now expressionless Yuri. She was drowning in her own thoughts trying to analyze all the events her brother told her.

 

Yunho knows that his sister has every right to be mad at him for hiding the truth from her for three long years, He was even preparing himself to receive endless punches and kicks from her, but the reaction he's receiving at the moment was the total opposite and it really scares him.

 

"Yuri…"

 

"She didn't die, the people who hit her with their car, took her to the hospital and saved her" Finally Yuri lifted her head to look at her brother. Her eyes were burning red.

 

"WHAT??" Shouted both Krystal and Yunho at the same time, their eyes turned wide open because of the sudden shocking news. For three years, they believed that Jessica's dead, but what they’re hearing from Yuri’s totally unbelievable for them.

 

"The girl you saw earlier is Jessica, she isn't dead" Yuri lifted her hand towards her face to wipe the tears that were coming out her eyes. she's tired and hurt because of remembering the three years that caused her so much pain.

 

"it’s a long story" She said, maybe avoiding to talk about the topic, but the two other people in the living room won't let her escape without telling them the whole story

 

"We’re all ears" Said Yunho, receiving a long sigh from Yuri. She cleared then started telling what happened to her lover after she got hit by Jack's car, Jessica getting in a coma for six months, then Jack's family taking her to the US, her memory loss, and living a life of another girl that names Alice, and finally the most hurtful thing, Jessica being engaged to another guy, Sam.

 

 

"Oh my god, I can't believe my own ears" Krystal couldn't stop her tears from falling, the thought of her Sister suffering all this time, killed her inside, she felt guilty for hiding the truth from Yuri.

 

"It's your fault too, cause you didn't tell me what happened about her being kidnapped by Donghae, or getting crushed by another car, you only hid the truth from me, for three ing years, I thought that I can trust you, but I  was wrong....

Maybe if you did tell me, maybe we could help her, maybe ... I Lived three years of my life in lies and suffering, and ...." Shouted Yuri trying to fight her tears, she felt angry and disappointed at the same time.

 

"I am sorry, I didn't tell you cause I was afraid you may do something crazy to Dongahe or to yourself, I swear I didn't mean to cause you all the pain you passed through, I ...

 

"Bull...." Yuri stood up from the couch and started walking back and forth, its her way to calm her nerves down, she felt angry at her own brother, after he lied to her, maybe not directly, maybe he lied to save her, but for her she felt betrayed.

 

“I am really sorry, I swear I was just trying to help”

 

Krystal just stood frozen on her place not daring to utter a word, she feels sorry for Yuri, she was the one who suffered the most because of Jessica’s disappearance.

 

Yuri ruffled her hair with frustration; she found it hard to stay mad at one of the most important persons in her life. She took few breaths in and out trying to calm her nerves.

 

"Unnie, I think I need to say sorry too, cause I hided the truth from you" Said Krystal nervously, her eyes were still puffy because of crying. Yuri looked at her then chuckled at the sight.

 

"You don't need to, it wasn't your fault at the first place....." she moved closer to Krystal and cupped her face wiping the tears away.

 

"Pabo, stop crying, if your sister see you like that she'll freak out" Said Yuri smiling then received a slight punch on her shoulder.

 

"What about me???" Asked Yunho pouting, maybe trying to soften Yuri’s heart and make her forgive him.

 

"The pout won't work on me, you look disgusting like that" She signaled him to come near them, and without hesitation he joined them in the group hug.

 

"I can't get mad at you for so long, what you did was really unforgivable, but I won't talk about that right now, cause at this moment I need you to help me to make Jessica remember...." yuri stopped her words when krystal broke the hug and looked at her with questioning eyes.

 

"Yeah about that, what we'll tell her, I mean should I tell her that I am her sister"

 

Yuri sighed because of the youngest Jung stupidity, she face palmed herself in her mind.

 

"Of course you can't tell her that"

 

"Then????" Asked the little Jung, making all of them deep in their thoughts, searching for an answer to her question.

 

"Mayeb we can tell her that.." Yuri's couldn't end her sentence; a soft angelic voice stopped her from doing so.

 

 

"Yuri..... hey....hmm... sorry if I am interrupting something" a still sleepy looking Alice waved her hands at the three people in the living room,  making them all frozen on their spots.

 

"Hey you..” The three shocked people responded at the same time, nervousness was covering their whole face.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

Hey, I hope u're doing fine after jessica's marriage rumor to that forehead guy xD 

It did boil my blood, Am not ready yet xD but I wish her all the best with the one she loves ( Yuri please) 

Okey don't worry, I'll update the next chapter soon, cause after few more chapters the story will arrive to its closure 

So many silent readers commented to last chapter, u made me happy. Keep supporting the story.

I am sorry for the mistakes, Am trying ma best. Have a nice day.

TTS are coming soon, Yuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii