Chapter 29 : Let’s give it a try

More than words

 

Korea ( The Kwon's company )

 

"Ohhhhf, seriously Yunho, why you woke me so early today, I didn't have enough sleep, I really hate you right now" Yuri was whining none stop, she felt tired and lazy.

"You can ask this question to dad, he's the one who wants to meet you, don't blame me, oh yeah here is dad coming" whispered yunho the moment he saw his dad entering his office.

"Good morning dad" said yunho bowing.

"Hey dad" that was yuri, she was wearing a face with no emotions.

Mr. Kwon stared at his daughter from head to toes, he felt sorry.

'She looks so skinny, and pale, where's my girl??' thought Mr. Kwon.

"Sit down, you two" He said sternly, and went to sit on his own chair.

"But dad, you wanted to talk to yuri not me, can I go now" Yunho tried to went off the office, but Mr. Kwon stopped him

"I said sit down young man"

Yuri just stared at the two curiously; she's so tired to think of what's happening between them.

Without uttering another word, yunho hang his head low, and sat beside yuri.

 

                                                                        -------------------------------------

 

"So you told her, or should I start?" asked Mr. Kwon.

Yunho just shook his head, he felt nervous all of sudden.

Mr. Kwon took a deep breath and turned his gaze to yuri.

"You'll take over our company in the US" said Mr. Kwon straightly towards Yuri.

She lifted her eyebrows and pointed at herself.

"Me???"

"Yes you, Yuri"

"You are freaking kidding me right??" she yelled.

"Watch your language Yuri, and lower your voice" Yelled back Mr. Kwon

Yunho kept silent, he already knows that this will happen.

"hahaha, Dad, did you forget that I didn't finish my studies, and I don't know a single thing about this whole business, and besides, I j..Just can't leave Korea" She said trying to lower her voice.

 

'What if sica cameback, when I am not here' She thought.

 

"I already decided, and beside I am always granting all your stupid wishes all this last three years, you asked to move out the mansion, I said okey, you wanted to live alone in your apartment, I agreed, I said to myself that maybe you'll grow up, but you just kept causing troubles to yourself" He said sadly.

He stood up from his chair and approached Yuri.

He helped her to stand up, so she's now facing him.

 

"Where's my baby daughter, I miss her and i really want her back" He said trying hard to stop his tears, but he failed.

Yuri kept silent and tried to avoid eyes contact with her father. She doesn't want to see her father crying because of her.

"Your mum is always sad knowing that you are hurting yourself, look at you so skinny, look at your hand full of bruises" he tried to grab Yuri’s wrist to look at her bruises but she yanked her hand away. He felt hurt with this action.

 

"ok ok ok, s...stop,  just stop, i'll go to the US " she distanced herself from her father. The tears are obvious in her eyes.

She doesn’t want her father to see her crying, so she turned around and headed to the door, leaving her father and brother alone in the office.

"Please Yunho, follow her, don't leave her alone like this" pleaded Mr. Kwon, he's totally sad because of the sight of his precious only daughter.

"Dad please don't upset yourself, I promise she'll be okay, I’ll try to convince her to have dinner with us tonight, I know how much you and mum miss her"

Mr. Kwon nodded, he then signaled his son to go after yuri.

 

                                                                    ---------------------------------

 

"Aegggooooo, the famous Kwon Yuri became a cry baby, what a shame" said yunho playfully.

"Stop it yunho I am not in the mood" responded yuri coldly.

 

"So when I’ll be going to the US?" she asked.

"A week from now"

"Ok" Yuri doesn't want to argue anymore about this, she already caused enough drama.

"Hey, I have a request, you know mum misses you so much, can you please spend the night at home with us" he pleaded.

She ran her hand in her hair and sighed.

"Okay, but first I need to meet Krystal, I already promised her that we'll have lunch together"

"That's okey, want me to give you a ride?" he offered hoping to spend more time with his sister.

"its okey, I’ll use my scooter, it still parked here from last time right??"

"Yes baby sister, I took a good care of your precious scooter" he said ruffling her hair.

"Thank you bro, I’ll be going now" she smiled faintly, and walked away.

"See you tonight, love youu" he shouted

She just waved her hand as a response.

 

At the  coffee shop

 

"Unnieeeee" Yelled Krystal the moment she saw Yuri entering the coffee shop.

Yuri's cold face turned to a bright one; she stretched her arms widely waiting for Krystal to hug her.

"I miss you unnie" Whispered krystal in the black pearl's ear.

Yuri smiled and hugged krystal tightly, showing that she missed her too.

 

"So krys, you become more beautiful every day, are you sure you don't have a boyfriend yet" Teased yuri after breaking the hug.

"Unnieeeee, Let's sit first, there's someone I want you to meet" Krystal turned her head, and pointed at a short hair girl sitting on the corner of the coffee shop.

The short hair girl waved her hands on the air, signaling the other two to join her.

"Oooooh, so Amber is the one who stole your heart, huh?" whispered Yuri playfully.

Krystal pouted and slapped Yuri’s arm.

The black pearl just smiled as a response, she felt happy for the young girl.

 

                                                                         ------------------------

 

They arrived at the table, Amber immediately got up and gave Yuri a tight friendly hug.

"We missed you unnie" said amber after breaking the hug.

"Miss you too buddy, so tell me, are you taking a good care of my little girl here" she said smirking, knowing that Krystal is blushing right now.

"Don't worry, she's my precious princess, and I will give my life to see her smiling" Amber said sincerely while looking lovingly at her lover.

"What a cheesy ball" smiled yuri.

"Okey guys stop it, you had enough of teasing me, let's sit first and order something to Drink" That was Krystal trying to act cold and hide her blushing cheeks.

"Aegoooo my little girl, you are so cute when you are blushing" Yuri loved teasing the shy girl, so she continued with her acts.

She reached to Krystal’s cheek and pinched her playfully.

"Unnie, pleaase stop it" Krystal slapped slightly Yuri’s hand away.

 But that slight slap on Yuri’s wrist, made her flinch.

She tried to hide the pain she's feeling, but she failed.

"Omo unnie, I am sorry, I swear I didn't mean to hurt you" said Krystal apologetically, she looked at yuri's bruised wrists and felt sorry for her unnie.

"its okay, I am fine" yuri tried to soothe the young girl, she doesn't want her to feel guilty.

 

'The wounds looks fresh, she's still hurting herself, aisssh' thought krys. Her face suddenly turned sad.

 

Amber observed the sudden turn of the mood, it turned sad and depressing, so she used her abilities to light up the mood.

"So unnie, I heard that you'll be going to America, is that true" she said.

Yuri lifted her eyebrows curiously, how did amber know that she'll be going to the US, she herself just knew the news this morning.

Amber sensed the curiosity on Yuri’s face, so she explained.

"Huyna told me this morning, when I saw her in the bookstore where we work together"

"oooooh, so she already knows, I bet it's Yunho who told her, it's okay" Finally yuri's face turned normal.

"Why unnie, why you'll leave us?" pouted the little Jung, and that caused yuri to smile faintly.

'She pouts just like my princess' she thought.

"Yes baby jung , first when they said the news to me, I was mad and I didn't like the idea, but then I thought that it's better like this, I really need to change my life routine, it becomes so boring" She said smiling.

 

Yuri treats krys just like her own sister. That's why she feels free and relaxed while talking to the baby jung.

First after Jessica left yuri, the later was mad and angry on everyone, she turned to an insane person.

Even one day three years ago, she went to the Jung's mansion and started screaming and yelling Jessica’s name. She was totally drunk.

The jung's family felt sorry and disappointed at the same time. They were about to call the Kwons but Krystal stopped them.

Krystal was the one from the Jung who stayed by yuri's side, and tried to loosen her pain.

She knows how much yuri's in love with her sister, and she felt sorry when they told her that her sister left Yuri and ran with donghae. it was just so hard for her to believe that.

SO she tried to be more close to Yuri, she tried so many times to convince her that Jessica was so in love with her, that jessica will never think of leaving her.

But every time she mention Jessica’s name in front of yuri, the latter will turn to an angry mess.

So she just gave up, and choosed to keep their relationships as just friends.

 

"Will miss you unnie" Krystal broke the long silence with her sincere words. It will absolutely be so hard for her to bid goodbye to yuri.

She already can feel some tears building in her eyes.

"Can I hug you now" she requested.

"Aegooo silly girl, I am not leaving now, I’ll be leaving next week" said yuri.

"I just wanna hug you, can I??"

Amber just kept silent observing the dramatic scene in front of her.

"Come here you silly girl" Yuri stood up and signaled krystal to come near her. The latter didn't hesitate and threw her arms tightly around yuri.

She started sobbing.

"Aiiiish, I am not leaving forever, I’ll be back soon to attend your wedding with your handsome girlfriend" teased yuri, she's just trying to keep her own tears from falling.

But she failed; tear after tear fell down the tanned girl's cheek.

 

It was hard for her to break the hug, but she needs too.

"Promise that you'll call me when you are there, and tell me about your state, don't make me worry about you unnie" commanded krys sternly.

Yuri nodded her head, and showed a wide smile to the girl standing in front of her.

"I promise, aegooo look I am crying now like a baby, it supposed to be a happy funny meeting, and here we are crying,  even I need to change my shirt cause it soaks with your tears, aisssh" said yuri.

"You are so mean unnie"

 

"Guys, shall we order something, I am hungryyyy" whined Amber, she just want to break the dramatic scene.

"Okey, I need to use the bathroom first, krys please order for me" said Yuri before she headed to the washroom, she just wanna hide her tears.

 

Krystal wiped her tears and sat down beside her girlfriend.

"Aisssh, I will really miss her" said Krystal.

"I know baby, but I think that's it's  better for her to change the country, she needs a new start, she deserve to be happy"

"I know" responded krys sadly.

"I just can't understand why you didn't tell her the truth about Jessica’s death till now, it's sad seeing her suffering like this"

Krystal glared at amber, and the latter gulped.

"Are you crazy Am, she may hear us, can't u just shut up, we'll talk later when we are alone, okey"

Amber nodded as a response.

She lifted her head and smiled when she saw yuri coming back towards their table.

 

"Don't tell me you didn't order yet" asked yuri lifting one eyebrow.

"Nope, we'll order now"

"Lazy asses" smiled yuri.

 

A week after (the airport )

 

"Aegoo silly girl, please stop crying, if you kept crying I won't leave, i don't wanna be worried about you" Said yuri while wiping the crying girl's tears.

"Really??? then I won't stop crying so please don't go" pouted Huyna.

Yuri chuckled at huyna's words.

"You know I’ll miss you too, but I really need to go, I already promised my dad, and I am not the kind of persons who break its promises" she said sincerely.

 

Yuri decided that its better for her to take her dad's offer, she thought that she may find a reason to keep living there in the US.

 

"Why you don't let me come with you" she said pouting, hoping to convince the stubborn girl in front of her.

Yuri shook her head as a NO.

"Nope, I need to do this alone, you helped me a lot, and I am really thankful, but you really need to take care of yoursel from now on, you deserve to be happy"

"I wanna be happy with you" Huyna never hesitate to show yuri how much she loves her.

Yuri looked at her sadly, she will be lying if she said that she feels something more than friends to huyna.

Her heart is already owned by a missing girl, and she never tried to love anyone else but that girl who crushed her heart.

 

"I am sorry" those were the only words that came out yuri's mouth.

Huyna nodded sadly, this isn't the first time that yuri rejected her love indirectly.

 

"Promise that you'll call me everyday" requested huyna frowning.

"I promise y girl" Yuri pinched the puffy cheeks of huyna.

"Don't drink alcohol, and please take care of your health, or else I swear I’ll take the first flight to the US and you'll find me beside you" Huyna said those words glaring, she's trying to act stern but she failed.

Yuri chuckled at huyna's scary funny face.

"Hihihi, arasso arasso mam, now now, I need to go or else I’ll miss the flight, wish me luck" Said yuri.

 

Knowing that yuri is about to leave her, Huyna threw her arms tightly around The tanned girl’s neck.

She needs a tight goodbye hug.

She leaned closer to yuri's ear and whispered.

 

"I love you" A tear fell down huyna's cheek. She just felt the need to say these words to yuri.

Yuri's heart clenched hearing what huyna just said, she felt sorry knowing that she can never loves the girl back.

"I know" responded yuri.

 

"Take care of you too" yuri kissed Huyna's cheek one last time

She grabbed her luggage, and left a crying Huyna behind her.

'How can I take you away from my heart, you are perfect and I can't help but to fall for you deeper, I hope when you comeback I’ll be able to win your heart' Huyna thought to herself.

 

The US ( The airport )

 

Jack's POV

 

Aegooooo, till when I’ll be waiting for that girl, Aiiiiish.

Why they sent me to be the one who welcome her in the airport, can't I just have enough rest like Alice and her fiancé?

I bet they are still sleeping now, especially Alice, she's such a sleepy head.

Here I am smiling like crazy, thinking about my precious sister, she became so important in our lives.

Thank god I agreed to Sam's decision three years ago when we saved her.

 

She's like an angel, she made us all happy, that's why we can never tell her the real truth, that she's not from our family, that we lied to her when she woke up from her comma of three months.

We can't lose her, especially dad and mum, she replaced my sister place in our family.

I will risk my life to see her happy, that's how much she means to me, even if I just know her for three years, but that was enough to build her strong love in our hearts.

She's just so adorable and nice, even if she's soooo annoying and stubborn sometimes, but that part made me love her more.

 

Aiiiiiish, I think the flight from Korea landed already.

Where's that girl, I freaking don't even know her face.

 

What should I do now, should I scream that girl's name?? or I’ll do like in movies, grab a paper and write her name on it then show it to all people and of course like movies they'll look at me weirdly. But I’ll look stupid like that!!!. Aiiish

 

Wait wait, what is this in front of me, am I dreaming ??

Oh GOD, hotness overload, who’s that chick, omo

Jack close your mouth, you are drooling, you look like stupid

 But she's HOT.

Oh my freaking god she's coming towards me. I should straighten my closes and hair so I’ll look more handsome.

omo omo omo, she's nearing closer.

 

And here she's now standing in front of me. But why she's not smiling, I bet she's just shocked  because of my handsomeness, hihihi.

 

"Jack Song???" She said, wearing a COLD straight face, I think if she smiles she'll look stunning.

"Me???" I pointed at myself, I was totally drooling over her hotness, I didn't pay attention to what she said.

I think she just mention someone's name. It’s like Jack or something, it's similar to my name though. That's weird.

"Is there someone else standing here but you??" she asked again.

I looked around me, and yes I am the only one who's standing beside her.

Hihihihihi, she's talking to me.

 

Omo, she said Jack?? That’s meeeee.

 

"I bet you are one of my fan girls that's why you already knows my name, look, me too I like you so much, I am happy to meet a hoty like you" I was wearing a big wide smile while saying those words to her. I look totally like an idiot right now.

I just want her to smile when I said that to her. But I swear her face didn't change an inch, she's wearing a face with NO emotions.

 

She's staring at me weirdly right now, aiiiish, I think I made her mad.

 

I need to be serious, I may attract her that way.

 

"Look I was just joking, and yes I am Song Jack, are you by any chance, our business partner from korea?"

 

"Yes I am Kwon Yuri, can we go now, I am tired" She said straightly, why is she so serious like this?

 

My dad and her dad Mr kwon were friends back in Korea, and of course dad already saw Yuri when she was young, but he always was saying that she is a cheerful happy girl. He said that she was fun, and a smiling machine.

 

But now, I am doubting his words. Cause the girl in front of me is totally different.

I think she just wants to look professional. Work is work as my dad said. That's why she's acting cold.

 

"Of course, and I am sorry for my weird stupid behaviors early, I just like to joke around new people, so maybe we'll become friends, let me introduce myself properly" I stretched my hand for a shake.

She immediately responded by shaking my hand back.

But something caught my attention.

Her wrist is full of bruises, I took a look at her other hand, and there was some bruises too in her other wrist.

She's wearing a simple T-shirt, she didn't give an effort on hiding her bruised wrists. That's weird.

I wash off those thoughts from my heads, and leaded the both of us to the car.

There was a chauffeur waiting for us, he took her luggage, and we entered the car.

We both sit in the back seat.

"If you don't mind, we'll be heading to a restaurant to have lunch, I bet you are hungry after the long flight, Dad and my sister will be there too, and then we'll give you a ride to your new apartment, I hope you'll like it Yuri-shi" I used all my efforts to act professional, I hope she'll like me like this, hihihi.

"Okey, I don't mind" That was her only response.

And the rest of the ride was totally silent.

 A weird cold first meeting with that girl,

she's hiding something, she looks hurt, you can clearly see the pain in her eyes.

Now I really want to know her more. I hope she'll accept my friendship.

 

The restaurant

 

Finally after the long cold ride, we arrived at the restaurant.

Dad already sent me a message, saying that he already arrived here and he's now waiting for us. But my lazy sister still didn't come yet.

I leaded both me and yuri, to the table where dad was sitting looking at his phone, aiiiish, I bet he's playing a game on the phone, what a kid.

"Dad, we are here" I said stopping him from what he was doing.

He turned and stood up immediately to welcome us, such a cool dad.

 

"Hey, young lady, you look so mature now, I didn't see you maybe for more than 7 years??" he said cheerfully towards her. And for the first  time I saw yuri smiling, even just a faint smile. She looks beautiful.

"Hey uncle, it's 9 years, but I still can remember you clearly, nice to meet you again uncle Song" she said smiling then tried to give a respect bow to my dad.

 

That's a new side of her. A respectful Yuri. It’s getting more interesting.

 

Dad stopped her from bowing, and engulfed her in a hug.

 

"Come on young lady, I am like your father, I don't need a bow, I love hugs" He said grinning.

 

What?? seriously dad, she'll freak out because of your weird words. What a womanizer.

 

"Let's sit now, and order something to drink" I said. Breaking their awkward hug.

 

We all sat down around the table.

Looking at the two empty chairs, I remembered about my lazy sister and her fiancé. Even dad observes their missing.

 

"Jack, give a call to Alice, that's not her, being late like this" commanded dad

 

I nodded my head and reach towards my phone, but the moment I was about to dial her number, i caught a sight of Sam entering the restaurant.

 

"Here they are dad, finally arrived" I said pointing at them.

All the eyes now are on them.

Even Yuri who was silent and not giving attention to us earlier.

Her gaze now is focused on the restaurant entrance.

But wait, there's just a panting Sam, there's No Alice, where is she ??.

 

 

                                                                             -----------------------------------------------

 

Hello my lovely readers :)

Firstly, sorry about my bad english. i am really trying my best.

Secnodly, About cookiecow's question, yes there will be some drama before yulsic get together.

Thanks for ur support. I love uuuuuuu

I am totally sleepy now

Maybe i'll update the next chapter tomorrow