Goodbye

My Six Voodoo Dolls

Hansol's Point of View

 

"Are you all set? Did any of you forget anything?" Jae Ren asked us for the 5th time.

We were already at the open field located several houses behind hers-or ours.

"Be good. Don't fight unless it's for the greater good or necessary." She warned us.

"Yes, Jae Ren. Don't make such a fuss. We'll be back to visit before you know it." Xero chuckled and patted her head affectionately. I have never seen him so... open. You know? Happy.

I was still not used to hearing Xero's voice, especially his laughter. But I'm more than happy to hear him anyway.

"I'll miss you all so much." She hugged Xero.

Ironic. She was saying that, but the only one of us she really hugged was Xero.

No. I'm not jealous! I am noooooooooooooooooot.

"We'll miss you too, Jae Ren." Xero hugged her back.

I'm not jealous that Xero was the one Jae Ren favored.

She didn't favor him anyway.

She doesn't.

"I'll miss you most of all, Xero." She chuckled.

Okay. Maybe a little.

"I'm second, right?" Hojoon slyly asked with a grin.

NO! I am!

"Yes, Hojoon." She softly chuckled and reached up to give his hair a ruffle.

You're too nice, Jae Ren. Tell them I am!

"Looks like someone’s jealous~" Sangdo teased me.

"Am not." I pouted. "Jae~ Tell them you'll miss me!" I hugged her, taking her by complete surprise.

"Sure, Hansol. I'll miss you." She patted my back. Even though I couldn't see her face, I already know she's smiling. I pulled away.

Damn.

I really am going to miss her.

"I'll really miss you Jae." I said with a sigh. And just by my words, her eyes softened.

I liked that about her.

I like how she always knows we're sincere, and how we know she feels grateful to that. Like it's her first time to be missed by someone. And somehow... I know she'll really miss us too.

Especially meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

This world needs a lot more creatures like Jae Ren.

We already said our goodbyes earlier, but all of us were already getting attached to her. No one was ready to leave yet. We’ve been preparing for a week, but I still can’t believe we’re doing this. I’m still not ready to say goodbye.

"You'll still save us that bedroom when we get back, right?" Nakta asked Ravi with a grin.

"Sure. I'll even ask Jae to upgrade your bed for your monstrous size." Ravi joked.

"Ha-ha. You're humour amazes me." Nakta sarcastically said before smiling genuinely. "But do wait for us."

"Of course, hyung!" Hyuk suddenly appeared.

I looked over at the sky, and the clouds were already clearing.

"We'll come back. We promise." P-Goon said as we all lined up in front of VIXX and Jae Ren again.

VIXX and Topp Dogg aren't that close yet. And truthfully, I think Nakta and Xero are the only ones who've made a strong bond with them. Nakta because he had already met them before, and Xero because... I don't know. He has that weird connection with Leo.

Ice Princes stick together, I guess.

But it doesn't matter. We trust each other. And that bond between us will get better over time.

We asked them not to inform B1A4 yet, though. We caused that wolf pack enough trouble for their life spans. Even though we apologized for our... behaviour towards them, we still felt rather guilty.

I mean, we beat them up so bad that we emptied our supply of healing salves back at the castle for them. It was the least we could do.

We're thankful they didn't hold grudges, though. And oddly, they seemed fond of Xero too.

Seriously.

That guy didn't even talk to us for half a millennium and now, he's the most popular guy among us.

We all turned into our forms. Xero did so too, but he was still in front of Jae Ren.

Earning a warm pat on the head from her.

I'm not jealous.

Xero nodded at her, and she smiled back at him.

We all sped towards the open field of straw together, ocassionally looking behind at Jae Ren and VIXX.

And through the unexplainable connection us Topp Dogg has, we all felt that empty feeling leaving our new master behind.

For the first time, I felt free. Like the chains our previous master had woven around are necks are disappearing.

P-Goon didn't look back once.

But I know he only did that because he was afraid he'd change his mind about leaving.

There was just something about Jae Ren that made us feel like we had a home. And leaving home is never easy.

We left the castle without second thinking because it was shelter, not a home. Come to think of it, it didn't really feel much of a shelter at all too.

Jae Ren is our home. She was the one who showed us the light we can find at the end of the tunnel known as our lives. It was hard not running back to her. But this is what she wanted- for us to see and explore the world.

And we'll do that.

So one day, we can go back to that home for good. With her welcoming us with that warm smile of hers that we all were addicted to. We would be welcomed by her and our 6 new brothers.

And it would be pure bliss.

Because we won't ever feel that we were alone in this world again.

I look at the other members who were already scattered in front of me. I didn't know I was lagging behind.

But when I saw them, I was sure they were thinking the same thing I was. Especially the white beast-dog that was to my left.

 

We're going to come back to that home someday.

And we'll make her proud first, before doing so.

So for now, goodbye, Jae Ren and VIXX.

Even with the painful howls of 13 beasts who were running through the open forest, I have never felt more at peace.

 

The End.