Chapter Thirty One

Five Daddy One Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five Daddy One Mommy

 

 

 

One week before Ji Min's birthday...

 

 

Melrose Avenue, London, UK 

 

 

 

Three months since Sulli decided to accept the job overseas. It has been also almost three months since she left Seoul with Ji Min. Her baby girl has recovered well, just a month after she transfered her to a hospital in London. It was a miracle that Ji Min didn't suffer from any abnormalcy contrary to what the doctors in Seoul said regarding her situation. Once she opened her eyes that day the doctors in London has been steadfast that Ji Min will recover soon and will grow up like any normal kid. Ji Min was healthy and cooperating. She went through therapy and rehabilitation for her full recovery and after just two months the doctor allowed her to go home. It was hard being a single mother who worked by the day and take care of her sick child. 

 

There were many times that she thought of calling Minho and take back her words. That she needed him more than anyone. But her pride keeps her from wanting his presence. She was just too stubborn and proud. She has been too unfair to him then and now. But despite that, Minho fulfilled his part. He never contacted her but he has been supportive of Ji Min's needs financially. He took care of Ji Min's medical assistance. He also contacted some people in London to help her settle there. Although, her accommodation were provided by the company she's working with. He sends money through her bank account unfailingly up to the present.

 

She thought of calling him regarding of the matter. She wanted to tell him that she is earning enough for her and Ji Min to get through their daily needs but she thought Minho would feel more devastated if she keeps refusing to accept any help, even money from him. That's the least thing he could do for them and she couldn't afford to reject him further more. 

 

 

Today was nothing but ordinary. She and Ji Min were just goofing at their small home. It was her day off that day from work. During working days she will left Ji Min into a child care center just nearby her work and will pick her up in the afternoon it has been a routine since she fully recovered. She live independently for three months without her Oppa-deul's but there were a times that she misses being pampered by them. Though they get to communicate through facetime and chats except Minho. She can only get updates of him through Key, Onew and Jjong. Taemin on the other hand was a different case. He has been avoiding her as much as she wanted to reach out. He never replied to any of her messages. 

 

 

"Ji Min baby, do you miss your Daddies?" she asked while tailing after her. Ji Min momentarily stop as she heard the word 'daddy'. 

 

'Dee dee!?' Ji Min repeatedly said with furrowing brows. 

 

Sulli smiled. "Yes baby, your da-ddies." 

 

Ji Min only crook her head on one side and look at her with confusion. Sometimes she thought her Ji Min might have gone through a temporary amnesia but when she asked her doctors about the possibilities. They just told her that it was quiet normal for a kid to not remember anything specially she went comatose for quiet a long time. There was a time that she asked Ji Min about her Daddies and she just look at her with confusion in her eyes. So she has to be reminded from them for time to time.

 

"Dee Dee, dee dee!" Ji Min repeatedly said as she resume what she was doing. She pushed her wooden walker until she reached the small pool full of balls she had set up inside their home for her amusement. Sulli followed her trail, she took her tablet with her to show pictures of the boys to Ji Min. 

 

"Hey, baby. Over here." Sulli said gesturing the kid towards her. Ji Min left her toys and went to sit on her lap. Sulli showed the tab to Ji Min there was lots of photos of her and the boys in her gallery. 

 

 

'Ta-bee..' Ji Min squeal eagerly as she saw the tablet. 

 

What she really meant was Teletubbies. Ji Min thought she will let her watch it. Everytime she opens the tablet it would be her reaction since she allowed her to watch those kiddie shows specially during the time she's busy in the kitchen, she will let her be seated comfortably in her high chair and let her watch it while she prepare her food. Sometimes they watch it together and she will explain to her the things people do in the show. She made a very specific rule when she can and cannot watch, when it is time to read her books, and when it is for her time to play. Those basic parenting tips for handling a toddler like Ji Min is important. It is right to teach them at their young age with such healthy habits.

 

 

"No ta-bee's at this hour baby, Mommy wants to show you pictures of your Daddies. Okay-kay?" Sulli said.

 

Ji Min look back at her. "Dee-dee? pi-thor?" she repeatedly said. 

 

Sulli smiled and nod. "Yes pictures of Da-ddies!" she said.

 

"Dee-dee!" Ji Min squeal the moment she saw pictures of the boys but she pointed her tiny finger to Minho specifically.

 

Sulli look at Ji Min with awed. "Do you know who that is?" she asked while pointing to Minho.

 

Ji Min nods and said. "Dee-dee." 

 

"How about this?" Sulli pointed at Key.

 

"Gani Pop-pop?" Ji Min meant granny poppah.

 

"Yes, that's right. How about this?" she asked again pointing Jjong.

 

"Papi!" Ji Min squeal. What she meant was Pappy.

 

Sulli laugh at her baby's antics. "Yes, correct. Okay how about this?" she pointed at Taemin's photo.

"Dada Minie!" said Ji Min, what she meant was Dada Taeminie.

 

"How about this one?" Sulli asked finger pointed at Onew.

 

"Papa!" said Ji Min grinning widely.

 

Sulli nodded happily. "Very good baby. Now Mommy has a question." 

 

Ji Min attentively listening to her. "Who among is your daddy?" she asked pointing each guy in the picture.

 

"Dee-dee? . . . here!" Ji Min squealed, her tiny finger were pointed to Minho.

 

Sulli smiled and gently ruffled Ji Min's hair. "What is the name of Daddy?" 

 

Ji Min crook her head on one side as if thinking. "Mi-min!" she answered.

 

Sulli laugh amused. "What? It's Minho baby, Daddy Minho." she said.

 

Ji Min shook her head. "Mi-min! Mi-min!" she insisted pointing at herself.

 

Sulli shook her head. "No, it's not Mi-min. It's Minho." she said.

 

Ji Min pouted, her brows redden and her eyes starts welling up with tears. "Mi-min!" 

 

Sulli carry Ji Min and shush her. "Okay, okay. It's Mi-min. It's Mi-min. You and Daddy has the same name. Is that alright?" she said. 

 

Ji Min nodded and placed herself comfortably on top of her.

 

"Mommy, named you after myself and Daddy. Do you know that?" Sulli said as she Ji Min's back.

 

Ji Min free herself from her as she look up. "Mee-meh, Dee-dee, Mi-min!" she said pointing at herself.

 

Sulli smiled and nod. "Yes." she said and enfolded her baby again in her arms. She start her head. 

 

"Mommy is really wrong. You should be with Daddy right now if Mommy was not stubborn, self-seeking and proud." she said, sighing while Ji Min just look up at her listening to her self rants. 

 

They sat like that for good fifteen minutes. Sulli felt Ji Min's heavy breathing, she checked her and she was right Ji Min fell asleep. Sulli slowly stood up and and transfered her to the bedroom. She let her fully asleep before she tidied up her toys scattered all over the small living room and after that she does the kitchen. There were still dirty dishes left in the sink, she was not able to wash them early. She has to attend to Ji Min's need first. She can only do the house chores only when Ji Min is asleep. She was doing the chores when the doorbell rang. 

 

"Oh who might that be?" she said drying her hands. Sulli went to the door to check who it was, she wasn't expecting anyone today. She looks through the peep hole but don't see anyone. She open the door with a furrowed brows. 

"Yes, what---" she stop in mid sentence when she saw the man standing in front her door.

 

"Onew, Oppa?" Sulli gasped in surprise. 

 

Onew grin widely. "Surprised?" he said. 

 

Sulli's brows furrowed, stupefied. "Why, what are you doing here Onew Oppa?" she asked.

 

 

Onew just made face. "Is that how you welcome a guest? Won't you invite me in first?" he said.

 

"Oh no, I mean of course. Suite yourself Oppa."  said Sulli, opening the door wide for him.

 

Onew went inside and sat down to one of the couch. "This is quiet nice." he said reffering to her unit.

 

"Yeah. This place is just enough for me and Ji Min." Sulli smiled as she sat down accross Onew. 

 

Onew's eyes brighten as she mentioned Ji Min. "Where is she? How's our baby Ji Min? he asked while looking around.

 

"Oh, she' asleep. You could play with her when she woke up." said Sulli.

 

Then an awkward silent enveloped them. Both of them unsure on what to say to each other. After about a minute of silence Onew spoke. "How's everything going here?" he asked.

 

 

"Everything is fine, Oppa. How about you and the boys? uhhmm.. Minho?" Sulli asked hesitantly.

 

 

"They are fine. They--  I meant we missed you both a lot." said Onew. "Minho though, he has been acting strange.. oh, well he's back in his old habits." he added. 

 

"It must be my fault." said Sulli sighing. "So what made you come all the way here?" now asked Sulli.

 

"I came here with Mom, but she's heading to France. We separate our ways at the airport." explained Onew.

 

Sulli nodded. 'Yeah, right what made her even think Onew would come all the way here just to check on them. She wished Minho could have done it too.' Sulli shook her head at the thought.

 

"Onew Oppa. I think--" Sulli paused weighing her words. She look at Onew, he look quiet uneasy on his seat. 

 

--- "We have unresolved issue to talk with." said Sulli. 

 

Onew payed back his attention to her. Well, she thought so but what he said made her sigh.

 

"Later Ssul, I still felt jetlag. Would you mind if I sleep on this couch for about an hour?" asked Onew, he didn't wait for her answer as he lie his body down on the couch comfortably. 

 

Sulli nod gesturing her hand. "Okay, suit yourself Oppa." she said. 

 

She look at his sleeping form. "I'll be right back, i'll get you a spare blanket." 

 

 

__

 

 

Onew only nodded, eyes closed. He knew what she is about to say. Sulli would finally set once in for all--  the unresolved matter between them. But his heart is not ready, although.. he is aware that it will never lead to whatever he had hopeful. He just wanna prolong it for a little while. Just a little while, and he would set his feeling free from hoping. That maybe, maybe she would chose him o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter