Chapter Twenty Three

Five Daddy One Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five Daddy One Mommy

 

 

 

 

Minho was sitting in the huge living room of Gyuri's house. He has no intention of going there if not only for her father's invitation, Mr. Park Jaesuk. His eyes wandered the place on the wall are diagrams that look imported from Egypt. Several crystals rest on top of a furnitures. The house was very cozy. 

 

"Director Choi." Mr. Park's voice. Minho stood up from his seat to payed respect to the owner of the house. 

 

"Sir." Minho bowed. 

 

"Sit down." said Mr. Park. "Thank you for coming." 

 

Minho nodded and smiled faintly. "My pleasure." he said out of courtesy.

 

"So how do you find my house?" asked Mr. Park.

 

Minho's eyes wandered. "Huge and cozy." he said.

 

Mr. Park nodded. "I invited you because my daughter asks me to." he frankly said.

 

Minho cleared his throat. "I guess, that's the most appropriate thing to say." he said.

 

Mr. Park laugh. "It's not like I'm inviting people to my house purposely. Specially men who likes my daughter." he said.

 

"Hmm.. I think. I'm not the right person." Minho said frankly. "It's not that your daughter wasn't attractive enough, but we do have preferences."

 

Mr. Park nodded. "I must agree." he sighed. "It's obvious you don't like my daughter.. I'm just a father who wants best for her and I think she chooses the right person, so here we are facing each other. I do think you are a good person Director Choi, so if my daughter is lucky enough would you atleast see her as a woman?" 

 


Minho cleared his throat for the upteenth times feeling discomfort. He doesn't want to be cheeky or rude with Gyuri's Dad. Mr. Park was a good person himself and he just wanted to be honest. "You're not asking me to marry your daughter, are you?" he said with humor. 

 

"It would be too much to ask... I know you're a type of person who don't marry without love. A person who can't be forced into marriage." said Mr. Park. He was indeed a person of modesty.

 

"My apology, Mr. Park." Minho said.

 

"No, it's okay. I should be the one to apologize. I asked you to come to talk about these... when in fact these are just one of my daughter's whim. How can you ask a man to marry her daughter when they're not even in a relationship, right?" said Mr. Park. "I must be silly." the middle-aged man laugh.

 


"Dad! Minho!!  I'm home..." it was Gyuri's screechy voice coming from the entrance.

 

"Over here.." said Mr. Park as he give him a meaningful look. 

 

Minho only chuckle with Mr. Park's facial expression.

 


"So what are you have been talking.. while I was on my way?" asked Gyuri as she cling to him infront of her father. 

 

"About you." said Mr. Park.

 

"So how do you find Minho, Dad?" asked Gyuri with a bright face.

 

"Well, he's a decent guy. Obviously, he's not the type of a guy who would take advantage with a woman's weakness. So Gyuri you behave and sit beside me instead." Mr. Park glared at his daughter.

 

"Dad!!" Gyuri glared back.

 

Minho shook his head, he's not amuse at all. It was really annoying how Gyuri throws herself towards him.  

 


Gladly, Gyuri follow her Dad's word and move towards her father's seat. 

 

"Uhmm.. I guess I have to go Mr. Park." Minho said as he glance at his wrist watch.

 

"How about you join us for dinner?" Mr. Park offered.

 

Minho smiled."No, thank you. My presence is already too much." he said.

 

"But Minho--" Gyuri was about to say but Mr. Park nudge her daughter which made Minho secretly chuckled.

 

"You can go now Director Choi. I wish to have dinner with you next time." Mr. Park said and accompanied him to the door. 

 

"Thank you." said Minho as he headed his way out. 

 

"Oh, wait. It's my birthday next week would you be my ?" Gyuri said before he even ride his car.

 

Mr. Park cleared his throat. "Gyuri, you don't ask a guy first to be your ."

 

Gyuri rolled her eyes. "Dad, it's 2014.. the medieval era has been long gone." she said with sarcasm which made Mr. Park heaved a sighed out of surrender.  "Okay, if not an .. then just go to my birthday party. It's a masquerade theme, I'll expect you there. I'll send you the invitation at your address." 

 

Minho nodded. "Okay." he barely said as he got inside his car.

 

 

 

__

 

 

 

 

Sulli have to stop by the supermarket to buy groceries. It's Mrs. Choi's birthday tomorrow and she's planning to give her a surprise visit. She was on the food stall when she felt like there's someone following her, so she look around. She saw no one suspicious and just continue buying all the stuff she needed and hurriedly went to the cashier to pay for the items. She still needed to prepare the food she's going to bring for Mrs. Choi and will bring Ji Min with her. Mrs. Choi would be happy to see her grandchild on her special day as she thought.

 

She was outside the supermarket and was waiting for a cab when suddenly a guy approached her. 

 

"Don't scream nor move. Just give me your wallet or else you'll get hurt." the strange man said.

 

Sulli felt nervous... she followed what he said. She thought first of her kid, Ji Min only had her. She doesn't want her to be an orphan at a young age. She didn't said anything as she just gave him her wallet without fighting back. 

 

"Good girl." the stranger said and just walk away after she gave him what he wants. 

 

Sulli felt a bit of relief.. but how would she go home when she doesn't have any penny on her pocket. She have to call someone, she dialled Onew's number yet he didn't answer. Perhaps, he doesn't have his phone with him. She sighed and washed her face with both of her hands. She sat in the small shed.. only then she felt heer knees were shaking. "Agh, what to do?" she sighed desperately. Just then when her phone rang. 

 

"Oh, thank God you called." said Sulli.

 

"Why? Did something happened?" asked Minho.

 

Sulli didn't said anything, she just told him where she was at the moment. 

 

"Wait for me there, okay?" Minho said. 

 


Sulli waited for about few minutes, she was still sitting in the shed spacing out when Minho came and approached her. 

 

 

 

Minho saw Sulli the moment he arrived and went towards her. He called her about two times but it was as if she hadn't hear him. "Sulli!" he slightly nudge her. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked.. only then when she look at him and grasp onto him which made him concerned. He felt her trembling. 

 

"Hey, look at me. Did something happened?" Minho asked holding up her chin. 

 

Sulli shook her head. "N-nothing.. I'm sorry." she said as she keep a distance to him.

 

"You look scared. What happened?" Minho insisted.

 

Sulli heaved a sighed. "I was robbed. Someone came at my back and asked for my wallet and threatened me." she reiterated. 

 

"Y-you were robbed? Then why didn't you call one of us? Or a police?" asked Minho he felt suddenly worried. "Did he hurt you?" he said and check on her. 

 

Sulli shoved her hands on him. "I'm fine, I was just shocked. He took only my wallet and then he left. I was calling Onew but he didn't answer his phone, perhaps he was bus---" 

 

"Oh, c'mon." Minho cringe. "Then why didn't you call me? If I wasn't the first one to call you, then what are you supposed to do now?" he said scolding her. 

 

Sulli just heaved a sighed. "Thank you..." she then said bowing her head. 

 

Minho took a deep breath and a sudden urge to hug her was too strong.. as he did. He shut his eyes. "Please.. call me first. L-let me be the first person you'll call in times like this." he said. It just came out from his mouth. He was furious when he learned she called Onew first but didn't answer his phone when all this time he was claiming he owned Sulli. When everyone has the right to take care of the lady. 

 


Sulli bit her lower lip. She suddenly felt secured in his arms. "O-okay.." she said.

 

"Promise me." said Minho drawing himself from her as he look at her face.

 

Sulli only nodded. 

 

"Let's go." Minho said as he took all her belongings and lead her to his car.  "Are you sure, you're okay? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" he asked.

 

Sulli shook her head. "I'm fine, nothing hurts." she said. 

 

"Have you seen his face? We can report this to the police." Minho said while starting the engine.

 

Sulli again shook her head. "I haven't seen his face. He asked me not to move." she said.

 

"Alright.." Minho nodded whilst clenching his jaw. 

 

"Minho.." Sulli called.

 

"Hmm.." his only response. His eyes were focused on the road. 

 

"Can you not tell them what happened?" asked Sulli.

 

"It's impossible. I have to discuss these to them. You cannot go out alone, from now on." said Minho.

 

"B-but Minho?" Sulli protest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter