Chapter Thirty

Five Daddy One Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five Daddy One Mommy

 

 

 

It's raining, it's pouring; 

The old man is snoring. 

He went to bed and he 

Bumped his head 

And he couldn't get up in the morning.

 

 

 

 

___

 

3 months later

 

"Yah! Yeeeeobo!!" Jjong burst into Key's room. "Kim Kibum!!" his loud voice called out to the still sleeping Key, but the lad didn't even flinch. He took one pillow and hit him."Yah! yah! wake up now!" he said. 

 

 

 

"Yah, it's too early!! Key whined still half asleep as he just took the blanket to cover up himself.

 

 

 

Jjong knelt down and took Key's blanket away. "Do you know what time is it?" 

 

 

 

"It's still dawn. I know!" Key answered.

 

 

"Exactly, it's facetime." Jjong reminded.

 

 

Key suddenly jolted up. "Kyah! why didn't you tell me immediately!" he scolded and went up straight to the table and open the Mac as soon as he sat down. 

 

 

 

Jjong just shook his head and followed the lad. "How about Taemin? Are we not gonna wake him up?" he asked.

 

 

 

"Well, if he wanna join us." Key only shrugged, hands are now busy with the computer. 

 

 

 

"I'll try to wake him up." Jjong said and left Key alone. 

 

 

 

"Should I call Minho?" Key asked.

 

 

 

Jjong waved his hand while heading Taemin's room. "Don't bother!" he answered through gritted teeth. Minho has been busy with his film directing job and have no time to useless stuff like facetiming and it irks him. 

 

 

 

 

Key look at Jjong's behind and thought for awhile then shrugged but call Minho anyway. His presence is more important than them so he needed to persuade the latter to join them thru group video chat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

___

 

 

Minho snap out from his trance as his assistant keep nudging him to get his attention. "Yes? Do you need anything?" he asked. 

 

 

 

"Not me PD Choi, but your phone keeps ringing it must be important. Take it." he said pointing out at the gudget that was just beside him. His mind was elsewhere he didn't notice it was ringing. 

 

 

 

 

"Sorry." Minho said taking the gadget and excuse himself. He checked the said thing and he got five missed calls from Key. Heaving a sigh he dialled back. It only took one ring before Key answered. 

 

 

 

"Oh Key, what is it?" he asked informally. He don't really have to ask as he knows why made him call him. It's Ji Min's birthday today, she is turning one today. 

 

"Go online to our group video chat." Key mandated. 

 

 

"I have no time Kibum." Minho said in monotone. On contrary to that, it's not that he don't have time. But he really don't wanna join them.

 

 

"Then make a room for this. As you see, this is important." Key persuaded from the other line. He can imagine his face right now.

 

 

"As you see too, i am at the filming sight Key. I have a job to attend to. We have a deadline. I have no room for these kind of 'petty' stuff." Minho explained. He himself is being irrational. That was the most lame excuse he could come up with and he knew it will irk Key. 

 

 

"What?? Really Minho! You call this petty? Please, take back your words!" Key bursting out from the other line. 

 

 

Minho knew it would trigger Key, he just smug from his post. He has been giving everyone his arrogance and cold treatment these days-- for certain reasons. Like back in the old days. He has been resenting everyone's presence these days, because the only people he wanted to be with right now is living far away. As much as he wanted to be with that person he can't, work can be a huge hinder. Also the reason why Jjong is giving him the cold shoulder. They thought, he chose his work over important people in his life. Partly true. But there are a lot of factors why he is not with them. 

 

 

 

 

 

going back....

 

 

 

Sulli and Jjong arrived at the hospital both helding on to each other. No one  really gives them the proper information about Ji Min's state. The lad just receive an urgent call from Onew telling them to go back to the hospital immediately. 

 

 

"Are you alright?" Jjong was quiet worried she look so pale and nervous. They were walking down the lobby of the hopital heading towards Ji Min's room. 

 

 

The hospital has been like their second home the past months. They're spending most of the day taking turns to stay and look after Ji Min. 

 

 

"I'm not okay. I am scared-- what if?" Sulli cowered down and began to cry. 

 

 

"Ssshh!" Jjong soothing her back shushing the young mother. It is too disheartening for him to see the people who became important part of his life suffering this way. Sulli is like a sister and a daughter at once , oh yeah since Key is her Umma and I am the Appa. So it is what you call it. You just hate to see them in this kind of situation. If only you can do something for them to quiet down the suffering, if only he has the power to heal Ji Min so everything will get back to normal, with that thought in mind he can only heaved a sigh. "Sshh.. let's just go ahead and know what really is going on." Jjong said and held Sulli in his arms, leading the way to Ji Min's room.  

 

 

 

Key welcome them as soon as they arrived. The lad was eyeing him giving him that 'what-happened' kind of look. Jjong knew what Key was talking about. He nodded and made a hand gesture like 'she cut her hair' referring to Sulli. They stop the exchange of looks and signals when Sulli speak up.

 

 

"Umma!" Sulli cried and held Key to an embrace. Key gently patted the lass back. 

 

 

"Oh Sulli!" Key cried along. The sight of Sulli's mesirable state made him so emotional. But it made the lass burst out and weep."Oh no, no. Ssshh baby. Ji Min---" he said clearing the lump from his throat.

 

 

"Umma no-- please!!" weeping Sulli said and held his body tightly in her arms.

 

 

"Yeobo--" a shock Jjong said. Key just shook his head which made Jjong slump himself in the nearest seat. 

 

 

 

____

 

 

 

 

 Present day... 

 

 

 

 

 

Minho's train of thoughts was diverted back to the present when he heard Jjong's enrage from the other line.

 

 

"Give me that damn phone Yeobo!" it was Jjong's voice, too loud for him not to hear. 

 

 

"There you go!" thought Minho. 

 

 

"Yah! When will you ever put us on top of your priority list? Huh!?" Jjong's loud voice said. "Do you want to keep this up? That's why people leave you! You cold-hearted brat!" he added enrage.

 

 

Minho's eyes squinted. He cannot take this men anymore. "What?" he laughed mockingly. "Is this just because I won't join you from that stupid facetime. I had enough Jjong. Just--" he shook his head, he don't have time for this petty argument. "I'm busy. I am hanging up." he said keeping his voice low. 

 

 

"No, I am not done yet. Are you really this heartless Minho? It's Ji Min's birthday for crying out loud!" Jjong said in obvious frustration. 

 

 

Minho let out a harsh blow. He knows it well and he is obviously avoiding it. It is already a frustration not to be able to see his daughter in this special day but these guys are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter