Chapter Twenty Nine

Five Daddy One Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five Daddy, One Mommy


Mom why is it so bright in here?
Where Am I?
I can see angels, they are so bright.
They’re smiling at me.  
There were cotton candies everywhere.
 It is too soft.
But I am sad Mommy.
You and Five Daddies are not with me.


__

 

11 weeks . . 

 

77 days . . .


1848 hours . . . .

 


Here she is standing at the recess inside a columbarium where her parents urns are rested. Sulli has been staring at the memory of her parents trying to grasp the things she wanted to tell them. It has been a while since she last visited them. She was too busy both with work and being a hands on mother to Ji-min. Looking back she felt sorry to her parents, she was not able to introduce Ji-min to them before the accident happened. She should have brought Ji-min to this place and properly introduce their grandchild to them. She wiped her tears falling down her face.

 


"I'm so sorry Eomma, Appa. Yes, i am a mother now, you see." she smiled as she touch the small sliding glass door of her parents recess. "Only that Ji-min is not with me right now. Hoping one day, if she gets well. If only she decided to wake up and comeback to me--" she said and sob her heart out. Sulli didn't finish her sentence as she fall down to her knees and cried profusely. Reminded her of what the doctor told them this morning.

 



Earlier that day..

 

 

Sulli and Minho were heading the office of Ji-Min's doctor. Sulli kept fidgeting her hand and Minho notice it so he took her hand and held it. She stared at their hands entwined and smile at him reassuring him that she is fine which made Minho nod. She heard him heaved a sigh. She squeezed his hand. "She will be fine." she mouthed. But truth is she too is agitated. She's been feeling anxious since the doctor asked to summon them to his office to have a talk about Ji-Min's situation. 

 

"Please have a seat." Doctor Park Seo Joon Ji-Min's personal physician gestured them to sit down. They both settled themselves facing each other on the seats that were placed in front of the doctors table. Minho didn't let go of her hand as the doctor started his talk. 

 

"So you are the legitimate parents of Choi Ji-Min?" asked the doctor while looking at his papers and turn his gaze to both of them which they nod in response to confirm that they are indeed Ji-Min's parents. 

 

Sulli's hands are cold, she look at Minho who were also gazing at her who's now holding both of her hands. "I am the legit father of Ji-Min." said Minho to answer the doctor's queries.

 

"So let's not beat around the bush, we don't have much time." the doctor started. "Ji-Min's chances of recovery is decreasing as time goes by. She's in vegetative state coma, and this kind of situation has no way knowing how long it will last. But i must tell you honestly that her state is quiet critical since she is still a toddler. Her chances of recovery would be considered a miracle if by chance she woke up. This cases--" the doctor paused and look at them quiet intensely fishing for their would be reaction. "In most cases, i'm afraid the patient would be permanently brain damaged or disabled." 

 

She felt Minho's tight grip. "What do you mean by permanently brain damaged?" Minho asked.

 

The doctor sighed. "Let us say she will not have a normal life like other normal kids." 

 


Hearing the doctors prescription is a nerve-racking reality to her. It made her shriek silently inside. She keep quiet on her seat and let Minho do the talking. She felt disoriented, thinking Ji-Min growing up with abnormality-- she cannot process it. She can't imagine her used to be healthy child growing up disabled. 

 


"I'm sorry, the decision will always be made up by the parents of the patient." Doctor Park said. 

 

Minho held her tightly in his embrace consoling her with soothing words.  "That would be all." the doctor's dismissal closing his notes and waited for them until they're both emotionally settled. 

 

"Thank you Doc." Sulli said sniffing. She fixed herself and initiated Minho to go out from doctor's office. Both of them were silent as they walk back to Ji-Min's private room. 

 


"What happened? What did the doctor said?" Key bombarded the moment they came back inside the room. The lad was tasked to take care of Ji-Min while they were summoned to doctor's office.

 

"Let's not talk about it right now." Minho said in stern voice. Sulli slump herself on of the couch there and weep. Key look at Minho with question in his eyes. But Minho only nod at him and with a "not now" look and Key understand. 

 

"Let's leave her alone, for now."  she heard Minho said gesturing Key to the door and left the room together, giving the room for Sulli all by herself.

 

"So what happened back at the doctor's office?" Key asked. 

 

"Let everyone gather first." Minho's only response as he sat down to one of the benches outside Ji-Min's room. 

 


Sulli on the other hand had not stop weeping. She sat beside Ji Min's bed and held her tiny hand. "Baby, i missed you so much. Daddies missed you so much. Please, baby come back to us." she said while weeping. She cannot process what the doctor has said earlier. Ji Min just turned 9 months. She never imagine her child to suffer at this very young. If only she can replace her in her crucial state. No mother wanted their child to get hurt or suffer. Her child deserve a happy life. "Baby, please Mommy needs you. I cannot imagine life without you. Please, wake up." she sobbed giving gentle kisses to Ji Min's hand. She stayed that way, she stayed beside Ji Min for almost an hour and just stared at her child without letting go of her tiny hands. She only came out from that trancelike state when someone gently pat her from her back. Sulli look from behind it was Jjong. He didn't say much, he just smiled at her. 


"Jjong Oppa, do you believe in miracles?" she sudden asked.


Jjong cleared his throat before answering. "I do. Even if it  is only chances. Miracles happen when you believe that,  there is." he said with a small smile of reassurance.  

 


"I want to go somewhere Oppa, would you go with me? Can you drive me there?" she asked.

 

"Of course. When do you want to go?" Jjong said favourably.

 

Sulli nodded. "Now." and stood from her seat. Jjong initiated her to the door. Minho stood up when they came out from Ji Min's room.

 

"I need to go somewhere." Sulli only said.

 

"I'm going with you." Minho offered but she shake her head. 

 

Jjong gently held Minho from his shoulder. "Stay. I'll go with her." he said to the lad. Minho gave Jjong a look and nod in surrender. 

 


"Call us if anything happens." Jjong said nudging Minho, giving Key a knowing look and followed Sulli who silently head her way to the hospital exit. 

 

 


Jjong quietly sat down and gently caress Sulli on her back. Sulli has been kneeling down infront her parents recess for quiet sometime while continuously sobbing. He somehow need to step in and bring her to halt. "Ssul, I don't know exactly what to say to console you at this moment. But can we pause, okay? You need to be strong for Ji Min and for us." he said. He heard her sniff and nod composing herself. 

 

"I'm so sorry Oppa. I felt so---" she discontinue and just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter