Chapter Twenty Eight

Five Daddy One Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five Daddy One Mommy

 

 

 

It has been a week since the accident. Taemin has been recovering physically but not emotionally. He's been suffering from depression as he been blaming himself why Ji Min is still in a coma. The healthy Ji Min is starting to lose her usual weight. She look pale than usual with tube and needles attached on her small arms through a machine as her life only depends on them. The doctor said that she has a small chance to live but they refuse to believe that as Ji Min seems fighting. Minho manage to get a VIP room for her daughter. He spent most of his time at the hospital than on his work. 

 


Sulli decided taking a leave from her work due to Ji Min's condition. She doesn't even know how she survived everyday seeing her kid on that crucial state.She's been crying a lot lately and it's almost comforting to not have to pretend. The guys were also gloomy but always manage to make her feel that everything would just be okay. She never blame Taemin but she hadn't had face him since the beggining. She know it was an accident and he didn't meant it to happen. It's just hard for her for now and she thought he'd understand. 

 

 

"You okay?" it was Minho sitting next to her. 

 

Sulli was just quiet until Minho reach for her left hand and held them in his. It was somehow comforting. "I miss her." she said not hiding her tears beaming from her eyes.

 

 

"We do." said Minho looking at their now entwined hands as if it was the only thing that keeps him tough and not to crack up in any moment. Actually they both have been depending in each other. They both set aside all the differences, all the arguments, all the confrontations that should have been made. Minho never brought it up again, but she knew him well. It was still there.. the hurt, the questions. Yet, he's being considerate. Instead of questioning he's making up for her.. for both of them. 

 


"I'm sorry.." Sulli keep on saying the words ever since he knew. Because she had realized she misjudged him and she's been being a coward all this time. 

 

Minho let out a sighed. "If only you had told me from the very start. I could have done better. I could have been a good father to her." he said. It was the first time he had said those words and it made her guilty more. 

 


Sulli shushed him as he enfold his hand in her both hands. "Minho you were right. I was being a coward and never ever said that you weren't good enough. You are a great father to Ji Min even if you hadn't known her existence as truly yours." she said. Minho look at her and smile faintly.

 

 

"Why I hadn't recognized you that night?" Minho asked. It was also the first time they had talk about that night.

 


Sulli's face flushed avoiding his gaze. "I-- I don't know. I wasn't really aware it was you, well not until the morning I sneak out from that room." she admitted. 

 

"You must be shock..?" Minho said.

 


"I was." she said. "Like--- Oh. My. God!! I slept with Minho?" she added with a slight chuckle. 

 

Minho let out a chuckle in bemuse. "Was is that bad?" he asked.

 


Sulli was taken aback. What does he meant by that? The was bad or what? She wanted to laugh out loud but she suppressed it. "The what---" she was about to say but Minho's ears turns red as he realized what he's been asking. 

 

"I meant-- not that---" Minho said stuttering. It was the first time she saw him that way. He was known as the womanizer amongst the five and now he's acting awkward to her. 

 

Sulli's eyes squinted in bemuse. This time she didn't suppress her laugh. "What happened to you?" she asked him.

 

Minho shrugged with a faint grin. "I guess you change me. You and Ji Min." he answered. "It's not what I meant. Was it really bad that you slept with me instead of some random guy?" he asked.

 


Sulli got caught off guard. "Uhm---" she mumbled. Her hesitation told her she was lying. "No... I'm glad it was you. I'm glad you were---" she paused.

 


Minho squeeze her hand. "Go on please. I want to hear it." he said. She side glance at him.. his face was somehow brighten. 

 


Sulli secretly smiled. "I'm glad you were my first." she said with a flushed face chewing her lips in embarassment. 

 

 

Minho took her both hands this time and faced her. "I-- I know this is not the perfect timing Ssul--- but I will ask you the same. You did give Onew a chance.... I know. Yet, you haven't decided. I'm aware of that, too. Would it be too much if---" he paused as he look at her. 

 

Sulli just gaze at him her heart starting to beat as fast than normal. 

 


"If--- you would give me a chance? I want us to start over. As family perhaps? I-- I want to make it up to you?" he pleads in sincerity.

 


Sulli felt confused. What if Ji Min wouldn't make it? She can't help to think for the worst.. but what if? Would Minho still wanted these all he's asking for her? Was he asking her because of guilt, too? Was he asking her because he felt obligated? Or he feel something for her? she crooked her head on the side. She let out a sigh. "Don't---" she said shaking her head. 

 


Minho furrowed. "Don't-- what?" he asked.

 


"Don't feel obligated. You're doing your responsibility to Ji Min just great. I am already thankful for that Minho." she said.

 


"But---" Minho was about to say but she took her hands from him. 

 


"I'm tired. I guess I need some rest. I was all up last night.. I hope you don't mind." Sulli said... she dismiss the dejected look on Minho's face as she deliberately rejected what he could offer. Sulli can't think of any as she thought that aside from his just feeling obligated there's no reason for Minho to ask her to start over. 

 


He let out a sigh for the upteenth time as he nodded. "Of course.. I'll just be around." he said leaving the room so she could be alone and rest.

 


Sulli took the blanket and crumpled herself on the couch. It has been her resting place for a week since the accident. Minho's words leave her in a deep thought. She could only think of what would it be like if---- but she's scared. She doesn't want to be the cause of Onew and Minho's rift. She already caused them too much and the only thing that was intact is their friendship. Obviously, Onew has been distant with Minho ever since he knew he was the father but the circumstances brought them together in good terms again and she doesn't want to ruin that. She can't lose her guard.. it's for the sake of everyone. She has to protect the only family she and Ji Min has. 

 

 

 


___

 

 

 


Sulli woke up from the voices coming inside the room. She knew the male's voice it was Minho but the woman's voice wasn't really familiar to her so she try opening her eyes to know who he was talking with and it was Gyuri. She rolled her eyes as Gyuri's hand were placed on Minho's chest. She suddenly felt a sting of possessiveness yet she held back herself. Closing her eyes again pretending to sleep. 

 


She heard Minho excuse himself for awhile as she heard his footsteps. She slightly open her eyes to check if he had left and she was right as he was now out of sight. Gyuri was the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter