I promise~~

I'll protect you

(ChangJo pov)

For the whole day, I stayed in my room, lying on the bed doing nothing. I just went out for lunch and dinner but alone. Even Yoomi wanted to accompany me, I refused because I need time to be alone right now. I kind of felt guilty toward Yoomi. And that whole day also I thought a lot. I should try to forget about EunJi because she already move on to another person. And I should make Yoomi happy with me. I asked her at first to be my girlfriend and I shouldn’t dumped her. She’s kind and doesn’t deserve to get dumped. But sometime I thought that I didn’t deserve her at all. I already like someone else even before we have our first anniversary.

That night, after dinner, I went outside to feel the night fresh air. I took out my phone and dialled a number.

“Yoomi-ah~ Can we meet now?”

“Now? Ne~ Where are you?”

“Outside. I’ll wait at the lobby entrance.”

“Ne~” she hang up while I stood at the entrance waiting for her. I took a thing from my pocket and wanted to give it to Yoomi.

“ChangJo..” I turn around and Yoomi was approaching me happily. I hope she will still smile happily for me. I held her hand and intertwined it. I brought her to the nearest bench and both of us sat there.

“Yoomi-ah~ Mianhae~”

“W-wae?”

“I thought for the whole day and realised that I haven’t spent much time with you. I’m very meant to you. I’m sorry if I’m not behaved like your boyfriend.”

“Ya~ Why are you like this?”

“I promise I’ll care for you. Please forgive me if I done something that make you sad.”

“ChangJo-ah~ You didn’t done anything.. What happen? Tell me.”

“I just want us to be back as what we usually be. We spend time together and have date every day.” I paused and took out a necklace that I bought for her when I went shopping with EunJi and Niel hyung that day. I forgot to give it immediately to her. “This is for you.” I wore the necklace on her.

“It’s pretty. Thank you ChangJo-ah.” She touch the necklace, admitting how pretty it was.

I slowly hugged her. “I love you Yoomi.”

“I love you too.” I can felt a few drop of tears fall on my shoulder. I pulled her away and caught her eyes brimmed with tears. I wiped her tears with my thumb and hugged her once again. This time she’s crying happiness. What if one day she cried when she know I love other person?

“Yoomi-ah~ Tomorrow is our last day here. What do you want to do? Or do you want to go somewhere?”

“Tomorrow? Oh! EunJi going back tomorrow right? Can we accompany them tomorrow?”

“EunJi?...... Al..right.” I’m confused right now whether to agreed or not. But Yoomi really wanted it. I should avoid EunJi so that my feeling for her will slowly fade.

“EunJi said to me just now that their flight was at 11a.m..”

“Ooo~ Then we’ll go be about 10.45?”

“Should we come earlier? 10?”

“It’s too early.”

“Alright we’ll go at 10.45.”

“Ne~~ Let’s go in. It’s cold.” I intertwined our finger and brought her to the lift. I let go her hand after we arrived in front of her room. I waved my hand toward her before going back to my own room.

 

~~

The next day was the day three of them, EunJi, Niel hyung and Jonghwan would go back to Seoul. Yoomi and I would go back tomorrow. We went there at 10.45 as what I decided yesterday. And again today I didn’t talk at EunJi.

“EunJi bye.” Yoomi waved her hand toward EunJi as she enter the entrance. I look elsewhere when our eyes met. Please don’t make me confuse again. I better be nice to Yoomi.

“ChangJo.. Let’s have our date now.” Yoomi said as we made our way toward the car. With that, we spent our day till evening having our date. Yoomi looked really happy made me hope that one day it’ll not vanished because of me. She also brought some gift for her parents and friends. Not to forget that she bought a bracelet for me. Even it’s not expensive and simple, I appreciate and really like it. I felt grateful as I can make Yoomi happy for the whole day.