Dinner

I'll protect you

EunJi
Niel
Ricky
ChangJo
Yoomi


(ChangJo pov)

(After school)

“ChangJo.. Wait..” I turn to look at the source of the voice before I enter my car.

“EunJi? Wae?” She stood infront of me panting as she ran just now.

“I want to say thank you about today. And…. If you don’t mind, will you come to my house? I’ll cook for you. I don’t know how else can I repay you back.”

“You’re my friend’s sister so I need to help you. When can I come?”

“Is today alright? Dinner?”

“Ok.. I’ll come later.”

“If you want to bring Ricky too, I don’t mind.”

“Alright..”

“Bye.” She waved her hand toward me. I enter my car and drove back home.

I suddenly remembered what Ricky said to me just now. Would she get mad at me if she know about this? Yoomi. She’s my girlfriend. Nobody know about it except Ricky. The other member also didn’t know as I don’t want it spread around the school. She’s from other school. We’ve been together since 6 month ago. I always pass their school when I went back and saw her. That was the time I like her. She’s kind person and never wanted to show off her that she have boyfriend.

I called Ricky as soon I arrived at home to inform him about EunJi.

“Ricky.. Do you have time today?”

“Wae?”

“EunJi asked me to come to her house. She want to cook for us. Do you want to come with me? She invite you too.”

“Really? Of course I want. What time?”

“I guess at 7 p.m.”

Alright.. Will you pick me?”

“Ne..” I hang up and went to my room. I sleep for a while and get disturbed by a phone call. I lazily took it without looking at the dialler.

“Hello?”

“ChangJo-ah~ What are you doing?”

“Oh! Yoomi-ah~ Mianhae.. I about to sleep. Wae?”

“I miss you… Mianhae.. We can’t go out for this few weeks or maybe few months. I’m really busy with my new assignment.”

“It’s alright. I miss you too. If you already finish the assignment, call me. We haven’t have a date for a long time.”

“Ne~~ I need to go to my friend house now. I love you.”

“I love you too. Bye..”

“Bye.” I put back my phone on the desk and continue my sleep.

 

(EunJi pov)

At first I was hesitated to call ChangJo who was about to enter his car. I appreciated his help and wanted to repay back his kindness. I can only thought if it enough to cook dinner for him? Before I went back, I told Niel oppa that I’ll go to grocery shop nearby to buy ingredients for dinner. So I told that he can fetch me there. About 15 minutes I spend my time at the grocery shop, Niel appeared beside me making me startled.

“Oppa! You scared me!”

“Mianhae.. But.. Didn’t we just buy something yesterday? Why do you need to buy again?”

“I’m sorry if I didn’t ask for your permission… But… Oppa…” I turn to look at him before continue. “ I invite ChangJo to our house for dinner.”

“What?”

“Mianhae.. I didn’t tell you earlier.” I lowered down my head waiting for him to get mad but he didn’t.

“Really? It’s alright. I know you want to repay him back.”

“Thank you oppa.. I thought you’ll be mad at me.”

“I won’t get mad at my precious sister.” He ruffled my hair. I grab him with me to decide what menu should I cook for them. After another 15 minutes, we finished shopping and paid for the groceries. We enter Niel oppa’s car and went back home. When we arrive home, it already 3 p.m. so I only have about з hours left.

“Oppa! Can you help me?”

“Ne~~” he went out of his room and went toward me at the kitchen.

“Mianhae oppa but can you sweep the floor? Mianhae~”

“I’ll do anything for my sister.”

“Thank you oppa.” With that he grab the broom and sweep the floor all around the house but just downstair.

“I’m done EunJi.. Do you need anything?” he asked me as I clean the vegetables.

“That sofa oppa.. It a bit messy.. And.. Can you wipe the table?”

“Alright!” he done it immediately and do it cleanly. It’s already 4 p.m. when Niel oppa finished wiping the table and arranging the chair. I decide to take a break for a while on the couch while watching the TV. Niel oppa sat next to me while I put my head on his shoulder.

“EunJi-ah~ Do you really like ChangJo so much?” he asked me but my eyes fixed on the TV.

“I like you the most.”

“I’m serious right now.” I sat straight and look at him. He really look serious about this.

“Ne. I really like him.” I said shyly and avoid his gaze.

“What if he already have someone he like? You still like him?”

“I don’t know. Maybe.”

“I don’t want you to get hurt later. And promise me something.” He hugged me while caress my back. “Never cried alone. Tell me if you’re sad. I’ll accompany you always.”

“Ne oppa.” I put back my head on his shoulder while watching TV. I think I must be tired as when I woke up, my head was on Niel oppa’s lap.

“Oppa.. What time is it?” I asked Niel oppa with lazy tone.

“5 o’clock.”

“What?!” I stood up and went to kitchen. “Why don’t you wake me up?”

“Mianhae.”

“I haven’t cook the rice.” I start with the rice first and then the others. I cook plenty vegetables and other food such as fried food, soup and others about 6 type of foods.

I done cooking all the food about at 6.45p.m.. Niel oppa help me to prepare the table and put the food on the table.

“Oppa.. I take a bath first.” I ran to my room to take a towel and went straight to the bathroom. After 10 minutes, I went out and go to my room. I wear short sleeve T-shirt with long pant. I dried my hair first before going out. I went out and called Niel oppa.

“Oppa.. It’s you turn. Now take your bath.”

“Ne.” he stood up from the couch and went to the bathroom. As Niel oppa just enter the bathroom, someone rang the door bell. I assumed that must be ChangJo. I went toward the door and open it revealing ChangJo and Ricky.

“EunJi-ah~~” Ricky said cheerfully and about to hug me but I avoid it. I lead them toward the couch.

“Can you wait here. Niel oppa is taking bath right now.” I sat down with them and turn on the TV.

“EunJi…. Since Niel hyung isn’t here, I want to ask you something.” Ricky said to me in serious tone.

“Ne?” I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

“Since when did you like ChangJo?”

“YA!! Stupid question!” ChangJo smacked his head. Instead of answering right away, I chuckled at ChangJo action making Ricky head in pain.

“YA! I’m older than you.”

“Don’t ask that question! I’ll tell Niel hyung later.” ChangJo threaten him a bit.

“Nevermind. So? Since when?” he look back at me still waiting for my answer. I hesitated a bit but I can’t really avoid him. Niel oppa still haven’t appeared yet.

“3 years ago?”

“Really? That’s really long.” His eyes widened with my answer. ChangJo look at me but I don’t know what his expression mean. Guilty? Shocked? Pity?

“I’m done. Let’s eat.” Niel appeared and it relief me as Ricky won’t ask further. We all went toward the dining table. We start digging the food and silently eating.

“Thank you EunJi. I hope I can eat this again.” Ricky said as he finished the food. He finished it really fast.

“Ne.. You can ask me whenever.”

“Really? Thank you..”

“Thank you EunJi.. “

“No no.. I’m the one that felt thankful toward you. You help me today.”

“It’s alright.”

“And I also felt sorry. You get involve with my problem at school. I’m sorry if because you have to lie about me being your girlfriend.”

“Don’t have to feel sorry. I’ll always help you.”

“Ya! Ya! I’m here too.. Don’t be so emotional here.”

“Oppa~” I pout at him as he making joke at me.

“Let me help you wash the dishes.” ChangJo said.

“It’s alright. I can do it myself.” He ignored it and took all the dishes and put it in the sink. I followed him but stop when Niel oppa held my arm.

“Good luck.” He said with a low voice making me a bit blush. He then went with Ricky to the living room watching the tv drama. I went toward ChangJo and wash the dishes while he arranged it on the shelf. Because it felt a bit awkward, I start to talk.

“ChangJo… Don’t you feel annoyed at me?”

“No. Why should I?”

“Because… That.. Emm.. I.. –“

“Because you like me?” I looked at him and blushed. “It’s not like I’ve never experience it. Nevermind.” His word make me feel a bit sad.

‘So.. I’m same as the other students who like  him. Nothing special. YA! What are you thinking EunJi? He will never like you.’ I thought to myself.

“Can I get you phone number? It easy to contact you later.”

“Ne..” he gave me his phone and I typed my number. I save by my name ‘EunJi’. I gave it back to him.

“Don’t you want my number too?” he asked me. I took out my phone from my pocket and gave to him. He typed some number then give it back to me. I look at his name ‘JongHyun’.

“Jonghyun?”

“Ne.. You can call me by my real name. But.. I think I will change your name in my phone. So nobody will suspect anything.” He typed something in his phone maybe changing my name as what he said.

“What name did you write?” he showed me his phone infront of me. I shocked looking at it. ‘My EunJi’.

“Is it alright?”

“It’s fine.” We become a bit closer since then. I get to joke with him and talking about seldom things. Eventhough we talk like we’re close, but I felt a bit uncomfortable as my heart kept beating fast when I near him. That night we get really close and same goes with Ricky. He always make the atmosphere cheerful with his cuteness. I admit he’s cute as I wanted him as my younger brother but he’s older than me by a few months. They went back at 10 p.m. as tomorrow was school day. I went back to my room to sleep. A few minutes after I laid on my bed, Niel oppa enter my room and sat on the bed beside me.

“Oppa wae?”

“I want to tell you something. But before that I want to say that I won’t accept objection.”

“Wae? You look serious.”

“Start from tomorrow, ChangJo will pick you and send you home.”

“WHAT?!” I sat up from my bed and face him.

“No objection.. I already call him just now and he agree.”

“But oppa.. I don’t want.”

“I don’t want you to meet Jonghwan at the school gate every morning. At least ChangJo will protect you.”

“But.. I don’t want to trouble him anymore.”

“Don’t worry. He already agreed.”

“Oppa~” I plopped my head on the pillow and covered myself with the blanket. How can I face him again? He already help me again and now I’ll troubled him.

“EunJi-ah~ Mianhae.. I have to keep your safety. I want to protect you but you won’t allow me do it at school. ChangJo will help you later.”

“I can’t face him oppa.. I’m going crazy!” I said still inside my blanket. Niel oppa removed the blanket from me and pull me up to sit straight.

“Wae? You feel your heart want to explode when you see him?” he chuckled at me but it true afterall.

“OPPA! Truthly….. Ne….. I can’t control myself. When he is near me, my heart beat faster than usual. I can’t stay with him always. I’m afraid I can’t let him go after this matter end.”

“Just hold on for a while. We will end this faster so you won’t get use to him later.” He hug me while I lean my chin on his shoulder.

“Oppa.. We need to sleep. We have school tomorrow.”

“EunJi.. Can I sleep here with you?” he pulled me away and look at me. I nodded at him. We laid down on the bed facing each other. He getting closer to me and hug me. We soon fall in a deep sleep.