2nd date?

I'll protect you

(ChangJo pov)

My phone alarm suddenly rang making me startled and awake from my sleep. I lazily turn off the alarm and went back to sleep for a while without thinking why did I put on the alarm. After rolled on the bed left to right, then right to left, I remembered the reason. I have to go out with EunJi later. I sat up surprisingly on the bed and take a look at my phone time. It show 9a.m.. I have one hour left before our date. Is it count as date? I smile thinking it as a date. With a quick step, I took my towel and went to the bathroom and took a bath. Then, I dug my luggage and search for a suitable cloth. I style my hair and wore a guy perfume. I don’t know why did I work hard to look nice for this date. It’s not like I’m gonna meet my girlfriend. Even with Yoomi I didn’t behave like this. Wait! I haven’t told Yoomi that I’ll go out with EunJi. I have to tell her first as I decide to call her.

“Yoomi-ah~ Where are you?”

“I’m outside of the resort. Wae?”

“I just want to tell you that I’ll go out with EunJi later.”

“Re-really? Good luck.” Am I hear the right one? Her voice sound like she force it to be cheerful.

“Yoomi-ah~ Are you alright? Do you want me to accompany you?”

“I’m alright. Don’t worry about me. Have fun with EunJi.”

“Call me later if you need anything. I’ll come back immediately.”

“Ne~~ Good luck ChangJo.” She chuckled a bit but at the end it sound sad. I can’t hurt her. I love her but I think I love the other person more.

“Thank you. Bye.”

“Bye.” With that I hang up and put my phone on my pocket. I took a glance at myself from the mirror once again before exit my room. I took the lift and press down the button to the lobby which is at the ground floor. At the entrance, I saw a girl back figure wearing a pink dress with her long straight hair that was being blown by the wind making her look attractive. She turned around and smile when she saw me. I approached her nervously but tried to calm down myself instead of being so obvious.

“Why are you late??” she looked mad but it look cute thought. I chuckled at her reaction.

“Mianhae. I almost forgot.”

“I already wait for more than 10 minutes.” She look serious at me then turn calm suddenly. “So.. Where are we going?”

“Are you mad? Mianhae~ I’ll bring you to the really nice places.” She kept silent along the way. I had rent a car already. Fortunately I know this place well. I brought her to the every nice place there. I felt happy when she look like that she already forgot about what happen this morning and become cheerful all the time. I can’t help but happy at the same time looking at her enjoying our date. Wait! I keep thinking this as a date but did she think the same as me?

Without we realise, it already afternoon and I decided to bring her to the restaurant to have lunch together. It was a fancy restaurant with lots of design. I notice that EunJi kept looking around the restaurant as she was amaze with the decoration. A waiter went toward us and gave us the menu book.

“ChangJo! Isn’t it expensive? Can we go to another place?”

“YA! We already sit here. What will they think if we went out as soon we arrive?”

“But.. I don’t have enough money.”

“I’ll treat you.”

“You don’t need to. Let’s go another place please~”

“No!” I ignored her and turn to the waiter. He took my order and turned to EunJi and wait for her to order. She can’t do anything and just order her food. I think she ordered the food that was the cheapest but it still cost a lot. The waiter went away while both of us waited for our food.

“Why do you need to eat expensive food?” she look at me seriously.

“The restaurant is the nearest so I just bring you in here.”

“But I don’t have that lot of money.”

“I already said I’ll treat you.”

“Wae? It’s no need. I can’t pay you back later.”

“I didn’t ask you to pay me back. Our first date, you paid for my drink. So I think it’s my turn to treat you.”

“Ooohh~~ Alright. So it’s fair now. Are you sure you won’t ask me to pay you back later?”

“Ne~~”

“Thank you.” She smile at me making me feel a bit joy. We stay silent when the food arrived and we ate in silent until we finished our food. We went out of the restaurant after I paid for the food. We went to the next place. As we on the way to other place, EunJi asked me to stop in front of the pet shop. She rushed inside the shop. I followed her from behind. She must really love cats as she play along with the cats. She look cute while playing with them. Should I buy it for her? She look like she really wanted the cat as her pet.

“Do you want to buy it?”

“I want but I don’t know Niel oppa will allow it.” she look sad can’t fulfil her own wish.

“Ask him later. If he approve, I’ll accompany you to buy later.”

“Really? I hope he will approve it. It look really cute.” She squealed with the cat cuteness.  I secretly took her picture looking at the car. Cute!!

“Let’s go. We need to go to other place.” We went back to inside the car and went to other place which was our last destination I think. I brought her to the ‘L’ park. It was wide and many people spent their time there. Some of them were couples and some with family or maybe alone. This atmosphere making me felt some awkward between us. Maybe she thought why would I brought her here. We took a seat at the empty bench. I let her sat there while I excused myself to go somewhere else for a while.

“EunJi-ah.. Wait here.. I’m going for a while.”

“Where?”

“Just wait ok?” with that I left her there while I enter my car and drove to a shop. When we were on the way to the park, I saw this shop and wanted to buy necklace for EunJi. I don’t know why I behave like this. We didn’t even a couple yet I behave like one. I purchased the necklace and quickly went back to the park. I happily took the necklace that already insert in a mini square box and went toward EunJi. She was waiting there while playing with her phone. I made my way toward her.

“EunJi-ah~”

“Oh! Why are you late? We need to go back faster.”

“But-“

“Can we continue tomorrow? We need to go back now. I’ve something to do.”

“Alright.” I sighed thinking that my plan doesn’t work for tonight. I haven’t gave her the necklace yet and also a confession.