Will you......?

I'll protect you

(EunJi pov)

I was waiting at my seat on the bench waiting for ChangJo who was going to somewhere else. I saw that he drove away with his car leaving me alone there. Why did he leave me? He want to abandon me here alone? My phone rang when i was lost in my thought. I answered the call immediately as I worried of the caller.

“Jonghwan? Where are you? I haven’t see you yesterday.”

“Are you worried?”

“No..”

“Alright then.. Can we meet now? I need to tell you something important.”

“Now? Can we meet tomorrow?”

“No! I need to meet you now.”

“Alright.. But give me about 15 minutes.. I’m at other place now.”

“Ok.” With that he hang up. I sat there waiting for ChangJo to arrive. When he arrived, I felt more guilty when I told him that we must go back. His smile that was there just now faded slowly. Is he disappointed? I don’t want to end our date but Jonghwan want to meet me now. Along the way, there’s a awkward silent between us even until we arrive at the resort. He just went straight inside the building after he locked the car without saying any word to me. I don’t have time to consult him as I went to the place that Jonghwan want to meet me. There he was continuously walking back and forth. What did he want to talk about with me? I approached her slowly and he stopped when he saw me. I sat down on the bench near there while Jonghwan still standing up.

“Jonghwan… Sit down.” He went to take a seat beside me. I don’t know why but I felt he would say something that I wouldn’t expect. “Where are you going yesterday? I didn’t saw you at all.”

“Somewhere.”

“Can’t you tell me?”

“Yesterday…. I met Jina.”

“Jina? She’s here? What did she said? She know me here also?”

“Calm down. I’ll tell you.” He paused for a while and look away from me. “I broke up with her.”

“What?! Wae?”

“I don’t like her at all. You know what? I never like her. I just used her to make the students afraid of me more.”

“Wae?”

“I never told anyone about this. Actually, I changed to a bad person in school because I don’t want the same thing in the past happened to me again.”

“What happen?”

“When I enter my old school which was the before I enter our school, I get bullied by the senior as soon on the first day there. They tortured me worse than what I done to the others. I can’t even walk back to my home properly as they searched for me after the school end. They punched and kicked me every part of my body. A month after that, I plead my parent to exchange me to my our school. Since then, I change and start to bully new students. Even the senior who used to bully students didn’t dare to fight me.”

“I didn’t know you had gone through that. But you shouldn’t make the new students suffered for you. They didn’t done anything wrong toward you.”

“I know. I just want them to know how I felt.”

“But.. Thank you..”

“Thank you? Wae?” he look at me confused.

“Because you tell me about your past. But about Jina, didn’t she get mad?”

“She must be mad but I had to tell her the truth.”

“But why? If you break up with her, the students won’t afraid of you anymore?”

“Maybe not. But I done it for someone.”

“Someone? You like someone else?”

“She’s kind. I think she change me and make me realise what I’d done wrong.”

“Who is she? She must be lucky then. You change just for her.”

“But I don’t know if she like me.”

“Why not? Just asked her first.” I kind of interested of the girl. That girl was amazing as she change Jonghwan back to her old one.

“Should I?” he look at me waiting for my response. I nodded at him happily to support him with that girl.

“EunJi-ah~ I love you.” I was shocked upon hearing his confession. He must be joking right? I laughed at him.

“Funny. Don’t make joke.”

“I’m serious. I like you. You’re the one who change me. You’re the one who give me courage to end all of this with Jina and went back to my oldself.” I left there speechless, didn’t know what to answer him. I never have that kind of feeling toward him. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Jo-jonghwan-ah.. You know that I like someone else.”

“I know but you didn’t get his love back. Can you give me a chance?”

“I don’t know. I like you only as a friend. Not more.”

“Would you change your mind if I done this?” I confused at what he mean by. He lean closer to me making me lean backward to avoid him. Instead, he grabbed my shoulder to stop me from moving backward. My eyes widened when his face was close to mine. He stayed there for a few second making me realise what he’d done. I stood up right away.

“YA!!! I love someone else. I know he won’t love me back but I can’t force myself. Can we just be friend?”

“But you need to continue your life too with someone beside you.”

“Ne~ But now is not the time. I haven’t change yet. Maybe someday if I found someone else.”

“Alright. We’ll become friend. You look like you can’t easily forget him.”

“Really? Thank you. I’m glad we’re friend. You don’t get mad at me right?”

“Ne~ I won’t get mad at you. Let’s go back.” On our way to the lift, I suddenly remembered something making me realise the most important thing. I turn to him as we entered the lift. “Wait! But Niel oppa is my boyfriend!! Why would you ask me to be your girlfriend?” he chuckled for a while after my late realisation.

“I know that he’s not your boyfriend.”

“What do you mean?”

“He’s your brother.” We exit the lift together making me gasped when he know the truth.

“How did you know?”

“I forgot to tell you. I was the one that enter your house that day. I saw your family photo. I messed up with you for a while but decided to just go after saw the picture. But I act as I didn’t know after that.”

“So it’s really you that enter my house?! I was scared that time! And you just act this while?” I sound annoyed at him but turn cheerful afterward. “Thank you for keeping it a secret.”

“Ne~”

“I’ll tell Niel oppa!!” I warn him the last time making him chuckled before I entered my room. I saw Niel oppa laid down on the bed smiling like a fool. It’s rare to see him smile alone there. He must be thinking about something or maybe someone. I decide to tell him tomorrow as I felt tired after all day I spend with ChangJo. I took a bath and went to sleep. Niel oppa look like he didn’t realise me as he kept staring at the ceiling and smiling alone. I fall asleep, ignoring Niel oppa.