I'm here...

I'll protect you

(EunJi pov)

The next day, or maybe my final day? I woke up when I felt again a few drops of water splashed on my face. The same guy stood in front of me holding a glass of water. He shoved the glass in front of my mouth telling me to drink. I should reject it but I can’t help that I felt thirsty.

“M-Mike? Emm.. Can’t you let me go?”

“Let you go? Are you crazy or what? It’s not my decision.” He laughed at my request. I don’t know when will Jina come but I really don’t want to die.

‘ChangJo-ah.. Where are you? Please save me.. Niel oppa.. Save me~~’ I cried in my mind hoping they will search for me. Mike’s phone rang, making me turn to hear his conversation.

“Later?”..”Alright.” he put back his phone in his pocket after he hang up. As he walked toward me, I felt more scared with his serious and fierce look.

“You just only have like a few hours to live. Any wish?”

“A few hours? Jina said 1 day right? What time is it?”

“Now is 1p.m.. She changed her mind. She’ll be here later.”

“But.. Please~ Can’t you let me go?”

“Who are you to instruct me?” he ignored me and leave me alone in the building. I don’t know where he’s gone but I need to save myself. As I struggled to untie my hand, I didn’t notice how long I took to do it but when I heard someone footstep heading to where I am, I stopped my action. The nearer the sound of the footstep, more nervous and scared I become.

“Annyeong chingu-ya.” It was Jina. He greeted me cheerfully like nothing had happened before. I just sat there stiff as I felt feared. I don’t know she was this scary.

“Please~ Please let me go~”

“NO!! You think I will get soften with you pleading at me? I WON’T.”

“I’m sorry if I done something toward you.. But please~ Let me go~”

“I’ll give you option then. One! You die..” she paused and hand out something from her bag. “Or.. Your beloved brother will die!” she took out a phone. It was mine. “I’d text your brother last night. I told him that you’re with your friend and don’t worry about you. I think he believe it.”

“My brother?”

“Ne.. I know who he is.. So what will you choose? You die? Or NIEL oppa die?” she knew it. What should I do? I don’t want Niel oppa to die but I also don’t want to die. If I die, there’s nothing much change right? No one will notice me if I’m missing. But Niel oppa. He already like someone and it is Yoomi. He shouldn’t leave as he have many friends more than me and he was precious.

“Alright. Don’t disturb Niel oppa!”

“So that’s mean you decide to choose option one. Alright. Wait for a few hours and I’ll kill you when Mike came back.” She went toward the seat where Mike always sat and played with her phone. I will die instead of Niel oppa. I don’t want Niel oppa to leave omma and his friends. I always burden him so I thought that if I’m gone, he will get a better life.

After a few hours, that guy, Mike came back with a bag in his hand.

“WHY ARE YOU LATE??!!” Jina yelled at him.

“I’m sorry… There’s traffic jam everywhere.”

“Forget about it… Now do you bring what I ask?” he nodded and handed Jina the bag he brought just now. When she took out the things from the bag, I get frightened as it was a gun. She really wanted to kill me.

“Do you have any last wish?” Jina asked me while pointing the gun in front of me.

“N-no.. Ju-just.. Don’t.. disturb Niel oppa..”

“Alright.. I won’t..” she just simply agree with it. “But.. It will be no fun if I just kill you now.” She put down the gun and gave me an evil smirk. “Mike.. Do you want her? You can do anything to her.”

“Really? It’s a big pleasure to me.” she moved away while Mike approached me. Don’t tell me that he’ll me. Please don’t..

“Please~ Please don’t… Please~~” I beg him to stop it but it didn’t work at all.  Jina was just laughing at her seat. I struggled to at least be able to move away from him. When he caressed my cheek, it made me more frightened and I just can think about Niel oppa and ChangJo. Please save me.. I closed my eyes as I can’t do anything anymore. But then, I heard a sound like someone got kicked.

“HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER!!!!!” I know this voice. I opened my eyes and Mike was not in front of me anymore. ChangJo was beating him hard. I looked around and realise Niel oppa and Jonghwan also there but where is Jina just now? I’m frozen when I felt a gun pointed beside my head.

“O-oppa” I called for Niel oppa who was beating the guy also. Three of them turn to look at me and stopped what they’re doing.

“Stop it! Or EunJi will die!” Jina warned them.

“Jina-ah~ Stop this… Why are you like this? Let her go.” Jonghwan tried to calm Jina down and three of them approaching us slowly.

“LET HER GO??!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I WON’T! SHE SEDUCED YOU! YOU LIKE HER RIGHT?” she yelled at him. The more she got mad, more scared I got as I’m scared she’ll shot me. I didn’t realise that I start to get teary eyes.

“She didn’t do it.. It was me at fault. She done nothing toward me. Jina-ah.. Let her go please~”

“I WON’T!! BECAUSE OF HER YOU LEAVE ME.. I know you just used me before but… I love you for real.”

“But.. Then.. I’ll do anything for you… Just let her go…”

“NO!! SHE’LL DIE!!” she about to shot me but the gun was gone. I just realised that ChangJo was not in front of us and he secretly went behind Jina. Even I also didn’t notice him. The gun was still in Jina hand but ChangJo tried to move it from her but failed. What shocking me was someone got shot by the gun when ChangJo struggle to move the gun from Jina’s grip.

“J-jonghwan oppa.” Jina stuttered after realise that she accidentally shot Jonghwan. She fall down on her knees while ChangJo untied me. I hugged him immediately.

“ChangJo.. I’m scared.”

“I’m here.. Don’t worry..” I broke away from the hug and went toward Jonghwan who was lying on the floor covered in blood. At the same time, a few guys who were a police came in and bring Jina and Mike with them. I didn’t care about them anymore as now Jonghwan is more important.

“Jonghwan.. Jonghwan.. Niel oppa.. Bring him to the hospital faster.” ChangJo piggyback him while Niel oppa held my hand tight on our way to his car. Niel oppa drove to the hospital.