Long time no see

I'll protect you

I take a walk with Hyunwoo and Hyeri at the playground without ChangJo as he’s gone to work already.

“Omma omma.. I want to play there can I?” Hyunwoo pulled my hand, pointing toward the swing as he wanted to play with it.

“Ne.. Bring Hyeri along.” He excitedly grabbed his sister hand, bringing him toward the swing. They happily play with it along with the others kids. I can’t help but to smile at their cuteness and how happy they are. I took the nearest seat on the bench, staring at every action of them. They play happily and mixed well with the other kids. They already have friend in such a short time.

Just then, I felt someone nudged my shoulder from behind. I startled and turn my head toward the person who stood behind me. I looked up at his face as he gave me a welcome smile.

“EunJi..” he called me. I stood up immediately, recognizing him through his voice.

“Jonghwan-ah. Long-time no see..” I gave him a hug, feeling happy to meet him after a very long time. I pulled away with smile plastered on my face, happy to see him. We took our seat on the bench. “Where did you go? I can’t contact you and you’re not at your old house anymore.”

“Are you searching for me? Wae? You miss me so much?” he said, teasing me.

“Because I don’t see you after a year of my marriage. You didn’t even say anything.”

“My father has been promoted and got transferred to the New York so all of us move to the New York at that time. A year after your marriage.”

“So.. Where’s appa and omma?”

“They’re at New York of course. I work in Korea now. Since a few months ago. Appa appointed me to work here.”

“That’s good.”

“Omma~ I want to eat that ice-cream.” Hyeri approached me and whined that she want to eat the ice-cream that was across another street.

“You want now?” I asked her back which she nodded.

“I’ll go buy it.” Jonghwan offered. Without I get to rejected, he immediately bend down beside Hyeri. “What flavour do you want to eat?”

“I want chocolate. Hyunwoo oppa like vanilla.” Hyeri said excitedly.

“I’ll buy it for you. Wait for me alright?” he stood up went across the street.

I look back toward Hyeri who was excitedly waiting for Jonghwan. I bend down in front of her. “Hyeri-ah.. Say thank you to uncle Jonghwan later alright?”

“Ne omma.” She said. About 2 minutes later, he went back with two ice-creams in his hand. He handed the chocolate flavour toward Hyeri. “Thank you uncle Jonghwan.” Hyeri said.

“Welcome. Now call your oppa. His ice-cream will get melt later.” with that Hyeri ran toward Hyunwoo, bringing him toward us. Jonghwan handed him the ice-cream which he happily accept it.

“Thank you uncle.” He said. Both of them the ice-cream deliciously until their face getting dirty with the ice-cream all over the mouth. I let them took a seat while having their ice-cream. I took a seat beside Hyeri while Jonghwan sat beside Hyunwoo.

“Jonghwan-ah. Are you already married?”

He chuckled at the sudden question. “Ne. Sorry because I didn’t invite you.”

I disappointed that he didn’t even tell me and invite me to his wedding. “Why didn’t you invite me?”

“I can’t remember your phone number after I changed it a few years ago. I’m married at the New York but she’s Korean.”

“You changed number? Give me now. So that I’ll disturb you as a revenge.” He chuckled but gave me his number anyway.

“I’ll bring her to see you one day. Don’t worry.”

“Promise me. Or I’ll ask Jonghyun to kill you.”

“Jonghyun?”

“ChangJo. Because we’re already married, I called his real name now.” I said.

“I think I need to go now. There’s a place I have to go somewhere here.” he stood up, ready to go. “We’ll meet again next time. Bye.” He said before leaving the place with his car.

“Omma. Who’s he?” Hyunwoo who already finished his ice-cream, asked me after Jonghwan left.

“He’s my friend. Call him uncle Jonghwan. He’s appa friend also.”

“But I never saw him before.”

“He’s living far away. That’s why you never see him.” he nodded. “Are you already finished? Let’s go back now. Omma need to cook for our lunch.” They stood up from the bench, holding my hand as we walked back home.