Yoomi?

I'll protect you

(ChangJo pov)

When I arrived in front of his office, I knocked the door before opening it after his permission. When I opened the door, I saw a girl figure sitting in front of Mr.Kevin desk and facing the teacher. I bowed before make my way toward the seat next to that girl.

“Oh.. Jonghyun… Take a seat.” All the teachers call me by my real name. It’s a long time I didn’t hear my real name being called. “This is your new classmate. Choi Yoomi.” He pointed his hand toward that girl. Choi Yoomi? Isn’t that Yoomi? I turn my face to the right to take a look at the new student. My eyes widened when I saw the girl.

“Yoomi?” she finally turn to look at me. She’s calm as she maybe recognize me when the teacher called my name just now.

“She’ll be your classmate and please show her the way around this school.”

“Ne~ I will..”

“That’s all.. You two may leave. The class will start soon.” Both of us stood up from the seat and bowed to the teacher before exit the office room. We stand next to each other in awkward silence. We haven’t talked to each other after the last day we met. I wonder if she hate me. But the things I want to know was, why did she change to this school? The worst thing, the way from the office to our classroom was a bit far. Even 1 minute feel a long time in this silent. When we arrived in our classroom, Yoomi hesitated searching for a seat so I suggested her to sit beside me. I don’t know if it’s good or not but the class president said that the teacher won’t enter for the first period. So I sat there silence with Yoomi.

“Yoomi-ah..” I finally spoke up to break the silence. “Are you mad at me?” she didn’t look at me and just stare on the table while playing with her fingers.

“No.”

“Mianhae. It’s fine if you’re mad at me. I’m at fault.”

“I’m not mad at you.”

“Mianhae.. I didn’t search for you or even call you after that day.”

“It’s alright.”

“Mian-“

“Ya~ Enough.. It’s already past. And I already start a new life.”

“Start a new life? What’s that mean?”

“We can become friend. And I change to this school not because of you.” She paused and I can see that she look a bit shy. “It’s because of someone.”

“Someone? Who? You like someone?”

“Ne~ I’ll tell you later. But he didn’t know that I change school. It was a surprise for him.”

“It’s look like you really like him. I can’t wait to see him.”

“One more.. Don’t tell the others about this. Don’t tell EunJi and Niel oppa about this. It’s a surprise.”

“Alright.” I agreed to her. We talked more than that until the first period end and the teacher finally enter the class. Yoomi was being asked to introduce herself in front of the classroom. She’s a bit shy but successfully introduced herself, receiving an applause and even some compliment from the other classmate.


I was ill yesterday and today too.. But I tried to update one chapter today..