Surprise!

I'll protect you

(ChangJo pov)

“Look.. ChangJo and his girlfriend.. They look good together..”

“His girlfriend is so beautiful.”

“They look cute together.”

That’s what I got from the students when I brought Yoomi to take a walk around the school. I had text EunJi before, saying that I’d something else to do and didn’t tell her about Yoomi because Yoomi didn’t want her to know yet. All the students still yet to know about my relationship with EunJi. They just know that Yoomi was my girlfriend when she approached me at school that day. I think I need to announce that EunJi was my girlfriend in front of the other students, so that they’ll stop this false information. But will EunJi want to announce it?

“So how’s you and EunJi?” I back to reality when Yoomi suddenly asking me. We still wandering around the school but far from the canteen. Yoomi didn’t want to meet the others this early as she want to keep it as a surprise for a while.

“We’re dating.” Am I right? Aren’t I’m telling the truth would hurt her? She won’t right?

“Really? Congrats…. Finally you’re together.” She said happily without any sign of sad of disappointment. Maybe she really have move on to the someone she mention just now.

“Thank you. You’re not mad right?”

“YA! How many times I told you… No! No! No! I’m not mad!” I chuckled at her reaction. Maybe I asked about it to many times just now. But as long as she don’t hate me, it’s okay.

“Ne~ Ne~” I showed him each of the room and the way to the canteen, classroom, field and others as the school is quite huge. We become closer and no more awkward silence between us. I hope we can become a friend after this.

“ChangJo-ah~ What time the recess end?”

“5 minutes left. Wae?”

“I want to make a surprise to the others, EunJi and Niel oppa.”

“Surprise? Hmm…” I paused and thinking hard to come out with a better idea to make her surprise succees. “There’s still 5 minutes left.. So.. Do you want to go to the canteen to meet them?”

“Wait.” She took out something from her bag. A hoodie, cap and black sunglasses. She wore it, making me confused with the reason why she wanted to wear it. “I don’t want them to recognise me. And, act as you just recognise me today as a new student.”

“Do you really need to do this?”

“Ne~ Surprise~~.”

“Alright. Let’s go.”

 

~~

(Canteen)

“Want to hold hand?” I asked Yoomi as she stood behind me, looking very cautious. Her face half covered with the hoodie,cap and sunglasses. It look weird though but I just ignored it, as it was her planned. She nodded and caught my hand. We’d held hand before, so it’s not a big deal and moreover, we’re just a friend now. We make our way toward the others at our usual table. I took a seat in front of EunJi as usual and I motioned Yoomi to sit next to me.

“Who’s this?” ChunJi hyung asked.

“My new friend. She’s a new student.”

“You’re not cheating right?” L.Joe hyung asked me.

“No! I won’t cheat.” I take a look at EunJi and she just stay silent while sipping on her drink. “EunJi-ah…” she ignored me, hinting me that she’s mad at me. Is that because I held Yoomi’s hand? I’ll talk to her later but now just make sure Yoomi’s surprise go on.

“Hi.. I’m Lee ChanHee.. Call me ChunJi..” he held out his hand to handshake with Yoomi. Yoomi responded back with handshake.

“I’m L.Joe and this is C.A.P. hyung.” L.Joe pointed to C.A.P. hyung who was sleeping with his head on the table.

“I’m Ricky.”

“Hi… I’m-“ Niel hyung introduction get cut by Yoomi.

“I know you.”

“You know me? Wait! You look familiar.” He scanned Yoomi face but maybe failed to detect because of what she wear.

“You haven’t told us your name.” Ricky said.

“I’m…” she paused and ready to get rid of her cap and sunglasses. “I’m Choi Yoomi.” She said after all of us can see her face clearly.

“Yoomi??!!” EunJi finally spoke up, kind of surprise by it. “You’re really the new student?”

“Ne~”

“Yoomi? Isn’’t that your girlfriend that come that day?” L.Joe hyung said.

“Ne.. But we’re just a friend now.” She stated instead of me.

“Why you exchange school?” ChunJi hyung asked her.

“Because of someone. As a surprise for him.”

“Who? ChangJo?” Ricky asked excitedly.

“Someone…” our conversation didn’t last longer as the bell rang, mentioning that the class will start. We walked back to our own class while I walked with EunJi and Yoomi. Both of them talked happily, leaving me behind.

“Yoomi bye.. ChangJo bye..” EunJi waved her hand toward both of us before entering her classroom. With that both of us enter our class with our seat was next to each other.