Friend?

I'll protect you

(EunJi pov)

“Oppa.. Will he be alright?” I asked Niel oppa as we wait for him outside the ER room.

“He will be alright.. Don’t worry..” I walked back and forth outside the room, worrying about Jonghwan condition. I hope he’ll be alright. “EunJi-ah.. Don’t worry about him.. Sit here.” He motioned me to sit next to him. And I realised ChangJo didn’t say anything since in the car. I sat next to him but he just slightly smile at me.

“ChangJo-ah.. Wae?” he ignored me and just stick to his gloomy face.  “Are you mad?”

“Ne.. I hate that guy.. How dare he touch you..” he look at me with and angry face. “And you.. Next time.. I’ll accompany you everywhere. Don’t say NO!! I will be with you everytime.”

“Ne~ Jagi.” I just agreed knowing that he desired to do that.

“One more thing.. Why are you so worried about Jonghwan?” I stare at him and from his expression, I know he’s jealous of him.

“Are you jealous?” he crossed his arm and turned away. He can be so cute at this time. “He’s my friend. Don’t worry. I just think of him as friend. Not more. I only have you.”

“Promise me. Promise me that you won’t leave me.”

“Ne~~ So you’re not mad at me anymore?” he nodded and I immediately hugged him, forgetting that we’re still waiting for Jonghwan. I stood up immediately when the doctor went out of the room.

“How’s Jonghwan? He’s alright?”

“Fortunately you brought him early. He’s save and he’s resting right now. But make sure he don’t got into a fight or anything that might made the stitched on his stomach open.”

“Ne.. Thank you sir.” With that the doctor left. We went to his room but only get to see him from outside for today as what the doctor advise us. We’ll get to see enter his ward room tomorrow.

 

~~

I went to the hospital with Niel oppa the next day. I knew he didn’t hate Jonghwan anymore as he was the one that kept telling me to visit Jonghwan. I’m relieved that he’s care about him. Make me happy today was that, Jonghwan already woke up when we arrived at his ward room.

“Finally you’re awake Jonghwan-ah..” I dashed toward him and put the food I packed for him. Niel oppa just walked next to him. He smiled at my appearance and just glance at Niel oppa for a while. “Are you alright now?”

“Ne~ I’m alright.. Don’t worry.” He gave me an assured smile and turn his gaze toward Niel oppa. “Thank you for visting me.”

“YA! I’m-I’m not.. EunJi was the one that asked me.”

“Oppa! You’re the one that ask me. Don’t lie!”

“No! I don’t lie..”

“Oppa!!!!!”

“Alright.. Alright.. Ne.. I just thought that you’re not that bad person.” He looked away while saying it. I know he’s shy telling it but he’s brave enough to tell the truth. “And thank you for helping yesterday.”

“Ne~”

“Oppa.. Friend?”

“Friend?”

“Ne.. Become friend with Jonghwan.”

“WAE?!”

“He’s kind person and he’s my friend.”

“I’ll think about it.”

“EunJi-ah~ How’s Jina?” the quarrel between me and Niel oppa stop when Jonghwan suddenly asked me about Jina. Do he care about her?

“She.. She’s being caught by the police with that guy also.” He just stared elsewhere without responded at me. “Are you worrying about her?”

“I don’t know that she’ll done that to you. Mianhae.. This was all my fault. If I didn’t broke up with her, she wouldn’t done this.”

“It’s not your fault. But from that accident, I notice that she really love you. Maybe she done that because she don’t want to lose you.”

“But she shouldn’t done that toward you.”

“It’s fine. It won’t happen again so don’t worry.” He nodded and finally smiled. Niel oppa was sitting on the couch while playing his phone when someone opened the door of the room.

“ChangJo-ah.” I was surprised at his appearance. I didn’t ask him to come here or was Niel oppa the one that called him? He stood next to me while looking at Jonghwan.

“Are you alright now?” he asked Jonghwan. He care about him also. I hope they become friend.

“Ne.. Thank you for coming here.” He flashed a smile toward ChangJo.

“Did Niel oppa call you to come here?” I asked ChangJo who was helding my hand tightly. He shook his head, knowing that he was the one that willing to come here without anyone request. Three of us accompanied Jonghwan until the evening and look like ChangJo and Niel oppa become a bit more closer with Jonghwan. I don’t know if they will become close in school? They talked and laughed a lot and almost forgot about me who was still in the room.