I'm sorry

I'll protect you

I’ve like him since the first time I saw him. He’s one of the popular guy in the school along with the other member of Teen Top. He’s the same age as me but older by 2 day. This is our 3rd year in the school but we’re not in the same class. The most important thing is almost all of the students in the school know that I like him. I guess he also know about it. This was all because of one person. That person hate me since I enter this school. I don’t know the reason behind it. That person was the one that told everyone about my crush toward that guy. And.. It has been 3 years since I like him.

(Flashback - 5 month ago)

“YA!! EunJi!! Come here!” the person that I really want to avoid called me as soon as the class is over. I went toward her and told my friends, Ina and Luna to go to the canteen first.

“Ne?”

“Have you finished my homework?” she always asked me to done her homework. I took out her book and gave to her. I guess today is not my lucky day. My notebook fall out from my bag as I took out her book. Before I get to pick it, she quickly shoved me away and took the notebook. I tried to take it back from her but failed. I always scribbled down in that book whenever I’m bored in the class. She stopped flip the book at one page. I saw it and wanted to take it away from her but again failed.

“Woo~~ So you like him?”

“YA!! Give it back!”

“How dare you raise you voice at me!”

“Jina! Give it back.. Please.”

“NO!! I’ll tell this to everyone.”

“No.. Please.. No..” I kneeled down to beg at her.

“Did you just beg at me?”

“Please.. Don’t tell anyone..” of course she won’t hear me. She exit the classroom with my notebook. I followed her so that I can stop her. She went to the canteen that was full with the other students. I held her arm and beg to her again.

“Please.. Please.. Don’t tell others.. I will do anything for you..”

“Anything for me? No thanks. There’s nothing you can do for me..” she neglected me and called for the other attention. The other students look at her. I look around and found also the Teen Top. They also look at her. I felt like I want to commit suicide right away but it was stupid to do that. I went toward her again.

“I WANT TO TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING… “ she announce at the middle of the canteen. I can’t do anything about this. I wanted to run away but she hold my hand tightly.

“THIS GIRL!! EUNJI… SHE LIKE SOMEONE HERE.”

“Who?” some student asked her. I can’t withstand this as tears streaming down my cheek.

“CHANGJO OPPA!!” I don’t know why she call him ‘oppa’ as we born in the same year.

“What? Really?”… “She doesn’t suit with him..”.. “They don’t suit at all..”… All negative comment I can hear from other students. Maybe some students also support me. I’m didn’t care about their reaction. I just cared about how ChangJo will react. I can’t spot him because of my teary eyes. I decided to be alone at some place. I snatched my notebook from Jina and ran away. I don’t know where to go but to somewhere quiet place. Finally I headed at backyard of the school where’s nobody there. I cried there as I don’t know how to face the next day.

(End of flashback)

Since that day, some students would tease me whenever I pass by Teen Top or ChangJo’s classroom. It make me uncomfortable and I think ChangJo also felt that way. We never talk or meet each other but he get involved with me. It not like I’m the only person that like him but I’m the only person that the other students can tease.

“EunJi! What are you thinking about? You’re not focus in the class..” the teacher yell at me as I didn’t focus at her class. Instead I look out from the window.

“Ms. Kim, maybe she’s thinking about ChangJo oppa~~.” There’s one of my classmate said to the teacher. I felt mad but I hold it.

“Sorry Ms. Kim.. Can I go to the toilet?”

“Alright..” I stood up and about to exit the class when I saw ChangJo pass infront of me. His class is next to our class. He’s going the same way as me so I bet he also went to the toilet.

“Wow.. They’re going together..”

“Did they promise to escape the class?”

“Are they gonna do something?”

That was all we can hear when we passed the other classroom. I was walking behind ChangJo and tried not to be close with him but the other students really can’t stop teasing me. I went to the the ladies toilet and of course he’s going to the guys toilet. Fortunately there’s no other student in the toilet. Or else they will disturb me. About a few minutes later, I went out of the toilet and bumped again with ChangJo. He look annoyed when he noticed me. I gather my courage to have a talk with him.

“Cha-ChangJo…”  he stopped and turn around to face me. “Mianhae.. It’s because of me that you maybe felt annoyed by the other students keep involving me with you. Mianhae… I don’t want you to hate me because of this.  Please forgive me.. I don’t know how can I stop them from doing this. But.. I’m really sorry.” I lower down my head to avoid his gaze.

“It’s alright.” With that he leave me alone there. I wait for him to be far from me so that I can walk back to my class. With just that word I felt happy. That’s mean he didn’t hate me.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

EunJi - Maroon

ChangJo - Purple

Other - Black