Niel meet Yoomi

I'll protect you

(Niel pov)

“Oppa oppa! I’ll go out with ChangJo today.” That’s what I hear early in the morning as soon I woke up and saw EunJi dressing up.

“Really? A date?”

“I thought of it as a date but I don’t know what he think. But maybe just because he haven’t decide whether to forgive me or not.”

“Good luck then.”

“Oppa thank you.. I’ll go now.” She exit the room leaving me alone in the room. I woke up late today as I can’t sleep last night waiting for EunJi who searching for ChangJo. I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to take a bath. I haven’t had breakfast but it’s kind of awkward for me to eat alone. Maybe I can skip today breakfast. I went out from the resort and went to take a walk. It’s kind of lonely walking alone here.

‘EunJi-ah~ How can you abandon your brother for your crush.’ I sighed at the thought. I strolled around the beach and saw a girl figure sat alone at the rock near the beach. She look sad but at the same time I kind of attracted at her. Her hair that was being blown by the breeze with her pretty eyes watching the morning scenery. But what did she do here alone? I kind of felt that I need to comfort her at this moment. I slowly approached her and took a seat beside her. She surprised at my appearance and look at me confused. When I look at her, I can saw that she just cried as her eyes was red and puffy.

“I’m sorry if I surprise you. But why are you sad?”

“Nothing. Anyway, who are you?”

“Mianhae.. My name is Ahn Daniel. You can call me Niel. And you?”

“My name is Choi Yoomi.”

“Yoomi?” I think that I kind of familiar with that name. Wait?! Don’t tell me she’s ChangJo’s girlfriend. But.. No no.. Maybe she’s another Yoomi. “I’m sorry if I disturb you but you look like you have problem. You can tell me. Maybe it’s weird to tell stranger about our problem but sometime we need to share our problem with others so that we can feel relief.”

“I have problem but I don’t have friend to share it right now.”

“Are you here alone?”

“No. I come with someone.”

“Why don’t you tell that person?” she stay silent until I realise that maybe she have problem with the other person. “Why don’t you tell me? I can be your friend. I’ll help you.” She looked at me a bit hesitated whether to tell or not.

“Actually, I come here with my boyfriend. We have been together for 7 or 8 months. I really love him but I know he love me also at first. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I was really excited. I accepted him and it goes well for a few months. We always have a date and a few months later, I have an assignment. I can’t went out for a date with him for a while. But it start to change as he was busy helping others until he slowly forgot about me.” she start to burst into tears. I don’t know what to do until I leaned her head on my shoulder.

“You two broke up?”

“Almost but we’re back again. I realise one day that he cared for one person, making him totally unfocussed when we’re together. When they’re on the bad term, he really look gloomy and sad. It making me hurt saw him like that. As I help him get together with that person, he’s back to his usual, happy and always smile. But it not me the one who make him like that. I know he’ll leave me one day so I need to wait for that day. He really love that person.”

“Don’t be sad… Maybe he’s not the right person for you. You will meet a very nice person better than him one day. But he haven’t told you that he love that person right?” she hummed as a response. “So we haven’t sure whether he really love her or just wanted to be her friend.”

“But he haven’t see me after they get back in a good term. Maybe it was a good plan for them.”

“Plan?”

“I planned to go for a trip here with him after I knew that that person will have a trip here.” Sometime I think the persons she talked about were ChangJo and EunJi. I need to comfirmed it first.

“Who’s that person? Who’s your boyfriend?”

“My boyfriend? Choi Jonghyun or I call him ChangJo. The other person EunJi. We become friend as she look kind and I really wanted to be her friend.” She lift up her head from my shoulder and looked happy mentioning about their friendship. I kind of shocked when I know both person she mentioned. ChangJo love EunJi? Is it real? I hope he won’t play with her. But I kind of don’t want Yoomi to be sad when ChangJo left her. But also I want they to part away and then I’ll be together with Yoomi. I totally acknowledged that I have fallen for Yoomi. From what I observed, she’s kind and caring as she done the best for his boyfriend even though she love him. Most of the girl I know would separate them away but Yoomi plan them to be together instead of keeping her relationship with ChangJo. I went back to my reality when suddenly a weird sound embarrassing me in front of Yoomi. Because I didn’t breakfast just now, my stomach make a sound. Yoomi chuckled at me.

“You don’t eat breakfast yet?” I kind of embarrassed in this situation.

“Ne.. It felt weird to eat alone.”

“Then I’ll accompany you. I also haven’t eat breakfast yet.”

“Really? Let go.” We both made our way to the dining hall inside the resort. We happily made our way there and sometime laughing at some random jokes. Since then, both of us became close and we even exchange our numbers. We also have our dinner together. As we were on the way to the lift, I saw ChangJo went back alone without EunJi.

“YA! Where’s EunJi?” I asked ChangJo who already beside us.

“He meet someone.” He looked a bit mad or disappointed.

“You know him?” Yoomi asked me. She might be confused as I didn’t told her anything about them.

“Ne.. He’s my friend. And EunJi my sister.” I trusted her that she won’t told the others about EunJi and me.

“How can you two look so close?” ChangJo asked us we stepped into the lift.

“I accompany her just now. Then we’re close.” I can’t told him what happened with Yoomi just now. She’s sad because of him. I don’t hate him at all. It just I hope he make the right choice.