Niel date + EunJi?

I'll protect you

(Niel pov)

Before the school end, EunJi told me that she need to see her friend after school. I don’t ask her further as I have a date with Yoomi. Maybe ChangJo will accompany her later right? I hope so. I fetch Yoomi at her school. Her school end a bit late than us so I wait for her about 20 minutes.

“Oppa~~ Am I late?” she said as soon she entered my car. She pouted thinking that she’s at fault.

“It’s alright.. I’ll wait for you forever.” I said to make her felt better. I notice she blushed but she looked away to hide it. “Aigo.. You’re so cute my baby..”

“Oppa~~ Stop it.. Let’s go.”

“Ne~” I smiled with her attitude. She’s shy about it making her look more cute. We’re heading to the ‘L’ restaurant for our lunch. We ordered our food after we took a look on the menu book.

“Niel oppa… Next year is your last in the school right?”

“Ne~ Wae?”

“I’m just asking.” She’s not just asking I guess. She look like she hide something from me. What is it? I was about to ask her again but our food arrived on our table. I forgot about the question and started to eat our food. Yoomi is not like other girls. Some of the girls like to pretend they are already full when they just eat a few bit. Yoomi is not like them as she enjoyed eating her food but in a polite and diligent way. We spend our time meaningful, happily and lots of memories created.

“Oppa oppa.. Let’s buy this for us.” she showed me the 2 keychain with the same doll but different colour. I nodded and instead of me, she paid for it. I should pay instead of her.

“Let’s buy this.” She showed me 2 pair of bear hoodie with the same design and colour. We went to the cashier together and when she was busy searching for her wallet, I took that chance to paid for it.

“I’ll pay for this Yoomi.”

“But I was the one that suggest that. I’ll pay you back later.”

“No need. I’ll buy anything for you.”

“But-“

“I know you don’t want to trouble me but I also have to at least buy you something.” She nodded, felt defeated after what I said. We spend our days mostly in the shopping mall. I didn’t realise it was already dark outside. I sent Yoomi back home but then I saw a car outside her house. A car that I never saw before.

“Who’s car is that?”

“Oh! Oppa.. I forget.. My family went back today. I told you last week.”

“Oh~ Then you won’t be alone again.”

“Ne~ Do you want to go in?”

“Next time. I need to go home. EunJi is probably alone. Mianhae.”

“It’s alright. I’ll bring you next time.”

“Ne~”

“Oppa bye~” she waved her hand and exit the car. I went outside my car and approached her. I turn her around to face me.

“You forgot this.” I cupped her face and crash our lips together. We stayed until she broke it.

“I’ll go then. Then… Oppa meet next week. I have a big surprise for you.” She waved her hand toward me and dash quickly inside her house. I went back to my car and decide to call EunJi. But she didn’t answer it at all. Did she already sleep?

When I arrived home, it was dark as EunJi haven’t went back yet. Did she went to ChangJo’s house? It’s already 8p.m. but why didn’t she told me anything if she don’t come back home. I decide to call for ChangJo but then a message arrived.

‘Oppa.. I’ll stay at my friend house today. Don’t wait for me.’ EunJi text me. At least she told me. But sometime I felt something wrong with the text. My feeling felt something bad about EunJi. Maybe it just my imagination.

 

~~

I wait for EunJi the next morning but she didn’t showed up even I wait until 10a.m.. I kind of felt weird behind this. She would be late even if she stay at her friend house. But most important is she never stay at her friend house before. It’s kind of odd. And I know all of her friend. Ina and Luna are her friend that I know she still in contact with. It getting me more panicked when I text both of them and they said that both of them didn’t meet EunJi at all after school. Where is she? Jonghwan? I called him and it’s getting me more furious as he said he never saw EunJi too. And even ChangJo said that he didn’t meet EunJi after school.

I asked to meet ChangJo and Jongwan at ‘K’ café to ask for their help.

“Do you really didn’t saw EunJi yesterday?” I asked them.

“I think she called me yesterday. But I didn’t hear anything so I thought that she accidentally called me. I didn’t hear well but maybe of I’m not mistaken, she called me but get cut off. I’m not sure.”

“What if something bad happen to her?” I get panicked hearing what ChangJo told me.

“Didn’t she said anything at all?” Jonghwan finally start to talk.

“She send text at me last night telling that she’s with her friend.”

“Friend? Wait! I remembered that she told me the place she went.” ChangJo asked making me curious. “’J’ Park!!” he screamed as he finally remembered.

“Let’s go there.” I urged both of them to go to that place together.