Every Man for Himself

Suicide Notes


This chapter wasn't supposed to happen, but I was like "eh, why not. I need something different from all the serious(ish) stuff that has been happening the past two chapters. Enjoy.

 

Day Fourty-Four


~ 블락비 ~


"Why...?" I sighed as I asked no one in particular. "Why does this always happen to us?"

P.O shrugged, "I don't know, but keep quiet otherwise they'll find us!"

What's going on you guys might wonder? (Although it's really nothing out of the ordinary since everyday is unique)

Let's go back to half an hour ago...

Half and hour ago

"What's that?" I asked Kyung as he stood in front of... something gigantic that was covered by some bedsheet or something.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I woke up, came into the kitchen, and saw this here."

"Let's find out what it is." Zico suggested as he pulled the cover off.

And what we saw... I don't even know what to say about it
.

"Uhm, why is this gigantic glass box full of rainbow monkeys here?" P.O asked.

"How the hell should we know?" Hanhae gave him a weird look. "I've read about them though! These are rainbow cockroach-eating monkeys."

"They have such a thing?" B-Bomb stared in disbelief.


"Well, duuuh. If they didn't exist, they wouldn't be in front of you now would they?" Hanhae rolled his eyes as B-Bomb glared at him.

"They eat cockroaches right?" U-Kwon piped up, "Then why don't we release them to go eat the cockroaches? Mino has been busy lately so he hasn't come. I don't think I want to sleep with cockroaches anymore."

"It's not our fault you leave candy wrappers in your bed and not throw them away." B-Bomb sighed as he patted the boy's head.

"Meh. This will solve the problem." U-Kwon approached the huge glass box and looked for the door. "How do you open this thing?"

"Try the top." P.O pointed to the roof of the box. "Hee hee. I said T.O.P."


U-Kwon climbed up and found the latch, unlocking it and opening the portal for the monkeys to enter our world. Before U-Kwon could get off the lid, the monkeys leaped out with amazing speed and knocked him to the ground.

"Kwonnie!" B-Bomb was about to help him up, but the monkeys created a wall between us and U-Kwon.

The rainbow monkeys grabbed U-Kwon and threw him inside the box, closing the lid and locking it in the process.

"U-Kwon!" We all gaped at the sight in front of us.

"Minhyukkie!" U-Kwon pounded at the glass that separated him from the world. "Save yourself!"


"B-but, we can't just leave you here!" B-Bomb took a step towards the box. As if it was a signal, the monkeys all suddenly snapped their heads in our direction.

"Oh. ."


Present Time

And that brings us back to where we are now. The rainbow monkeys happen to be coming after us for some reason instead of eating cockroaches, so we all have to take cover. We were forced to split up. So P.O and I are currently hiding under the desk in Chocolate Man's—err Mr. Cho PD's—office. Where is he actually...?

"Hyung, I'm scared." P.O sobbed as he clung onto my shirt. "I'm too young to die! I still haven't done all the things I've wanted to do in life yet!"

"I only have today and tomorrow left before I get to leave. Now I have to ing deal with the monkeys." I groaned. "What great luck I have."

"I still need to go skydiving! And like, cosplay as Batman and run all over Seoul!"

"What have I done to deserve this?"

"I also need to go mudskipper catching! And riding elephants in Thailand!"

As we were sitting here thinking about our last moments in life, the door slammed open, breaking off of its hinges and we heard it.

They have come.

"AHHHH!!!!" P.O shouted as the monkeys found our hiding spot. "Run!! Run Jaehy—mmph!!"

I scurried away from the monkeys and ran out the door. Sorry P.O, every man for himself.

"How the hell did they find us?" I mumbled to myself as I ran through the hallway.

I immediately froze and ran to hide behind a wall as I saw rows of monkeys marching like evil beings that they are across the hall.

", what do I do now?" I looked around looking for a way to escape. At this moment I just happened to look up and saw that one of the ceiling tiles was not in place. "Perfect."

I stacked up some boxes that were conveniently placed nearby and climbed on top of them to the ceiling. After moving the tile I climbed into the space between the ceiling and the roof. Hm, I should knock those boxes down so the monkeys don't find my obvious hiding spot.

After I kicked the boxes they fell to the ground, making really loud noises. The monkeys will definately be coming this way so I placed the roof tile back in place and carefully crawled away. Luckily, the lighting from the other side of the ceiling shined through and I was able to see some of my surroundings.

"Where to go now? How would I get rid of these monkeys...?" I crawled in the direction of what I believed led to the kitchen. When I got there I lifted a tile very carefully and peeked through so I wouldn't get caught.

Holy crepes. Hm, crepes sound good right about now. Anyways, the monkeys have not only gotten U-Kwon earlier, but they have gotten B-Bomb and Kyung as well. I watched as several monkeys carried an unconscious P.O in and threw him into the box. I assume Zico and Hanhae are safe so far... Hopefully.

"I should find a way to rescue them." I watched as the monkeys locked the lid and left the room, leaving only about three on the lookout.

I put the ceiling tile back and crawled to where I assume the box would be. I slowly lifted the tile and placed it beside me as I dropped myself down onto the box very quietly. I unlocked the lid and opened it.

B-Bomb noticed what I was doing and gestured for the other two to look up. U-Kwon was about to say something but was shushed by the other two. Kyung helped U-Kwon up onto his shoulders and I grabbed his hands, pulling him into the ceiling. Next, was B-Bomb. He came up successfully as well. Afterwards we got P.O up. B-Bomb held my legs as I dangled over the edge to help Kyung up. Unfortunately he sneezed.

What great timing.

Luckily the monkeys didn't notice anything and Kyung successfully made it up into the ceiling as well. I closed the lid and placed the ceiling tile back into place, letting out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

"Are you guys okay?" I whispered.

"Yeah, those monkeys are ing evil." B-Bomb shuddered.

"Thanks for leaving me earlier Jaehyo!" P.O glared at me. I just grinned sheepishly in response.

"Where are the rest? Have you met up with them yet?" Kyung asked.

"No not yet. Let's go find them." I said as we started crawling.

"Where would we go to find them?" U-Kwon asked.

"I'm not sure. Where do you guys think we should go firs—oof!" I groaned and rubbed my nose.

"What happened?" P.O peeked past me.

"Hey guys." Zico greeted. "I see you've found my hiding spot."

"Zico!" Kyung grinned as the two embraced each other.

"Kyunggie!" Zico smiled. "How's your throat? The monkeys didn't reopen the wound right? More importantly, Jaehyo didn't right?"

"Yah!" I glared at him. "I said I was sorry! I'm trying to control my anger so leave me alone!"

Zico rolled his eyes before going back to Kyung.

"Now all we need to find is Hanhae." I said. "If we were Hanhae, where would we hide...?"

It was silent for a moment before we all looked at each other, knowing exactly where he was without having to say it out loud.

"Let's go." Zico led the way as we crawled through the cramped ceiling in search of Hanhae.

We crawled in the direction of Hanhae's room, avoiding all the rat on the ceiling and whatnot. It was so ing gross when U-Kwon accidentally placed his hand on some. I'm not going to be touching his hand for a while.

Once we were hovering over Hanhae's room, we stopped and listened.

"AUGH!! ING MONKEYS! GET THE AWAY!" We heard Hanhae shout as there were thumping noises.

I moved one of the ceiling tiles and peeked down to see what was going on. Hanhae was fighting off the monkeys with a metal bat in hand. I noticed that there was a pile of dead monkeys stacking up not far off from where Hanhae was.

"Of course he'd be fighting them off instead of hiding." B-Bomb mumbled as he rolled his eyes. "Idiot."

"How do we get him to safety?" P.O asked.

"That's going to be very difficult to do since he's facing them head on right now." I pursed my lips as I continued to think of a plan. "Someone go over to that side of the room, take this rock," I handed B-Bomb the gigantic rock that I happened to have, "and throw it down so the monkeys are distracted. Don't let them see you."

"Okay." B-Bomb nodded as he crawled several feet away.

I crawled to where Hanhae was standing with P.O. We watched as B-Bomb threw the rock down as hard as he could, knocking out one of the monkeys in the process. This in turn caught the attention of the rest and they leaped to where the unconscious monkey was. P.O and I took this opportunity to do our task. P.O held onto my legs as I dangled over the edge and grabbed Hanhae, pulling him up as quickly as possible and put the ceiling tile back in place.

"I thought you said these were cockroach-eating monkeys!" I glared at Hanhae.

"Well my bad. It was either that... or they were monkeys that hunted down humans. Probably the latter. I get my facts mixed up." Hanhae shrugged.

"Well you could have said so earlier so we wouldn't have to be in this situation!" Zico smacked the back of Hanhae's head.

"Since you know more about them than we do, how do we get rid of them?" B-Bomb asked.

"Uhm, let me try to remember." Hanhae sat in a thinking position.

"Instead of fighting them off, why didn't you try to hide?" B-Bomb sighed at him.

"Hey, I'm doing just fine with fighting them off." Hanhae shrugged before snapping his fingers. "Oh I remember now!"

"Shh! Keep your voice down." Kyung reminded.

Hanhae nodded before continuing in a whisper. "It has something to do with nails..."

Just then we heard a 'boom' not that far away.

"Guys," B-Bomb called. "What was that?"

We all sat patiently in silence to see if we could identify what had caused the noise.

"That's strange. Everything just went silent." Zico commented as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Suddenly, the ceiling tile to my right flew up with great force as a monkey came into view.

"HOLY !!!" I screamed as I backed away.

More monkeys started to pile into our cramped hiding place, so we were forced to abandon our safe(ish) haven and retreat to the room below us. Well, it isn't really retreating if we were going to the room that had the rest of the monkeys in it. This was more like going to our deaths.

"Hold them off!" Zico instructed as we grabbed whatever was in sight and started to beat as many of the monkeys to death as possible while making sure we weren't being attacked by the rest.

Meanwhile, Hanhae was standing against a wall, continuing to think about how to get rid of the monkeys.

"Hurry up Hanhae!" I shouted as I smacked one of the monkeys in the face with a broken lawnmower.

"Hm... Hammer? No... That's not it." Hanhae shook his head as he saw from the corner of eye something that caught his attention. "That's it!"

The item seemed to be calling to him as he could see it glowing. Well, it was only in his point of view. As for the rest of us, it looked as it usually did.

One of the monkeys hit U-Kwon on the back of his head, making him fall to the ground.

"Kwonnie!" B-Bomb ran over to him.

"Min... hyukkie..." U-Kwon coughed as the two held hands. "I... I don't think I'm going to make it..."

"No! Don't say that! You'll live, I'm sure of it!" B-Bomb reassured.

"Well, this is getting too dramatic for me." Zico gagged as Kyung laughed at the U-Bomb pair.

"Thanks for ruining the moment guys." B-Bomb glared at them.

"Okay! Stand back as the Hanhae comes to save the day!" Hanhae smirked as we all backed off. He ran towards the monkeys and began slaughtering them.

As if on cue, the 'head' monkey came into the room. Hanhae threw the item at its head, causing it to suddenly explode and shoot rainbow hearts everywhere, which in turn caused the rest of the monkeys to explode and shoot rainbow hearts everywhere as well.

"K.O! Plus fifty experience points!" Hanhae smirked as he put a thumbs up.

We all stared in awe as Hanhae somehow miraculously managed to save all of us.

All ended in peace as we sat on the ground exhausted.

"Huh, I'm still alive!" U-Kwon grinned as he jumped up and down.

"And here I thought you were injured." B-Bomb rolled his eyes.

Once we were over the fact that the monkeys almost killed us, P.O brought up a very good point.

"Hey Hanhae-Hyung." P.O called. "How come you didn't just tell us that they key to defeating the monkeys was a screwdriver?"

Hanhae stopped smirking and looked at P.O, "Because that isn't the key to defeating them."

"But wasn't it glowing earlier, like how the key to defeating things usually glow in movies and/or games?" Kyung asked.

"It was." Hanhae nodded, "But only because I randomly found it on the ground. I needed to buy time to think but ended up destroying them anyways."

We stared at him in disbelief. So it was just luck?

"Our fate was in the hands of a moron." B-Bomb mumbled as the rest of us, minus Hanhae, nodded.

"Pssh, whatever. You're all just jealous that you weren't the ones to save the day." Hanhae rolled his eyes as he tossed the screwdriver now that it was not needed anymore.

We all watched as the screwdriver flew in slow motion in the air, heading towards my direction. My eyes widened as it made contact with my face and I fell to the ground.

"Jaehyo!" I heard everyone shout as I slowly drifted into darkness... Actually, it was pretty quick since I was knocked unconscious right then and there. It seemed like I was in this darkness for what felt like an eternity even though I could still hear the voices calling me, preventing me from wandering more into the dark.

"Jaehyo, are you okay?"

"Jaehyo? Jaehyo, wake up!"

My head hurts... Shut up so I can be half dead in peace. It's so loud. I can't sleep like this, augh. I feel my headache increasing as I slowly opened my eyes to tell everyone to shut the up.

"Jaehyo? Hey, he's waking up!"

I woke up to the sound of beeping beside me and someone calling my name. Had I been unconscious for that long as to be moved to a different room? I tried opening my eyes but everything was bright so I immediately shut them again. As my eyes fluttered open slowly everything was a bit blurry and white, but as my eyes adjusted I saw that I was staring at a white ceiling. After staring at the oh-so interesting ceiling for several seconds I looked around the room that I was currently in to find it looking vaguely familiar. I turned to my left to see that the source of the beeping came from some machine thing. There was an IV hooked to my body as well.

"Hey, go get the doctor!" the people scurried out of the door.



~ 블락비 ~



One more chapter left (Which will be posted right after!! ^^) and the 'Thanks To' before the end of the story!!

Lookie!! I wanted to post this picture last month since it was what I got for X-mas from my Secret Santa *cough*xJungSquaredx*cough* but never got the chance to since I usually update the story on my phone xD