There's No Such Thing as Candy Mountain

Suicide Notes
First update of the year~ (: The story is almost over D;

   Day Thirty-Nine

   
~ 블락비 ~

"Wake up Charlie."

"Yeah, wake up."

"Let's go to Candy Mountain."

I watched as Zico and Kyung tried to wake up B-Bomb. He didn't seem very happy to be waking up to two idiots talking with creepy voices though. Hell, I wouldn't be either.

"What the do you two want?" He mumbled. "Go away so I can sleep."

"But Charlie, Candy Mountain!" Kyung tried to persuade him and started to jump on the poor boy.

B-Bomb groaned and sat up asking me, "Why the are they calling me Charlie? Get off!"

"I'm unsure actually." I shrugged. "Yukwon was eating cereal and singing some song, which caused them to be like this."

"Get up Charlie." Zico shoved him off the bed. "Let's go to Candy Mountain, the land of sweets and joy and joyness."

"I'll pass." B-Bomb glared as he got up from the floor. "You guys know how I hate sweets and joy and joyness."

"You're not even going to tell them there's no such thing as Candy Mountain?" I raised an eyebrow.

B-Bomb shrugged. "Let them have their fun."

"Okay, if you say so. Don't blame me when they steal your kidney." I said walking away.

"Wait, what?" B-Bomb gave me a confused look before being dragged away by the Zikyung pair.

Has he never seen Charlie the Unicorn on youtube before? Oh, what a sad life this boy has. I walked into the dining area to see U-Kwon still eating his cereal. He hid under the table when he saw me walk in though.

"Aish, stop doing that!" I sighed.

"Sorry..." He mumbled as he got up. "I keep forgetting that you're not the one that tied me up."

I shook my head as I grabbed a pear from U-Kwon's tray. Hm, I need a knife to cut the pear. "Do you have a knife to cut this?"

"Nope. I wasn't going to eat it anyways so I don't need one." He shook his head.

I sighed at the fact that I would have to get up to go get one. Because I had such luck though, and no I'm not being sarcastic at this moment in time, Taeil happened to walk in! "Hey Taeil! Can you grab me a knife from over there?"

Taeil nodded before grabbing a plastic knife from the utensils bin and held it in his hand, staring at it in a daze.

I raised an eyebrow at his strange behavior. "Any day now..."

He snapped out of his trance and looked up. "Oh, sorry. Here you go." He handed me the knife when he came over to our table.

"Uhm... Thanks." I stared at him from the corner of my eye as I attempted to slice my pear in half. "They really should give us regular knives instead of plastic ones. It's not like we're going to kill ourselves or anything, augh."

"Uh, y-yeah." Taeil nodded as he grabbed a banana from U-Kwon's tray.

"Why does everyone keep taking fruit from my tray!" U-Kwon pouted.

"It's not like you were going to eat it." I reminded him.

"Oh yeah." He remembered.

"So Taei—" I got interrupted when Zico and Kyung came into the room.

"IT'S A LEOPLURODON!"

"Why are they so loud so early in the morning?" B-Bomb groaned as he entered the room. "HOLY , WHAT IS THAT?!"

Taeil, U-Kwon, and I turned in our seats to look in the direction that B-Bomb was shouting at. Well now we know why he was shouting.

"What exactly is that?" Taeil squinted his eyes at the gigantic lizard-like thing that lay on the table in the corner of the room.

"It's a leoplurodon!" Kyung grinned and the 'leoplurodon' started to... growl? I'm not even sure if that's a growl or not. Maybe more like a low grumble?

"It has showed us the way." Zico nodded confidently before he and Kyung grabbed B-Bomb by his upper arms and dragged him out of the room.

"It didn't 'say' anything!!" We could hear B-Bomb shout as he was dragged away forcibly.

The three of us continued to stare at the 'lizard' on the table. "That is a lizard right?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure..." U-Kwon furrowed his eyebrows as he got closer to it. "It looks sort of like one."

"Princess Lavidoka! Where are you!" Hanhae skipped happily into the room. He spotted us in the corner of the room and ran over. "There you are! Come to mommy!"

He proceeded to hug the thing and it him back. "That's not creepy at all..." Taeil backed away from it when it started screeching its deafening screech. "Couldn't he have gotten a normal pet? Like a goldfish or something?"

"They don't do tricks." Hanhae stuck his tongue out at us.

"Ooh, what's that?" P.O said as he pranced into the room.

"Her name is Princess Lavidoka." Hanhae grinned proudly.

"Dinner?" P.O perked up.

"NO!!" Hanhae looked at him horrified as the lizard growled.

"Aww..." P.O pouted. "Why not?"

The thing began to screech again before jumping off the table and lunging for P.O.

"Holy ! Get away from me!" P.O screamed before running out of the room with the leo whatever-the-name-is running after him.

"Aww, she made friends." Hanhae smiled.

Taeil, U-Kwon, and I gaped at him horrified. "Friends?!"

"Yup! I'm going to go make sure they aren't playing too roughly now." Hanhae then skipped out of the room in the same manner as how he came into the room earlier.

"They are completely mental." I sighed.

"Agreed." Taeil nodded.

"Hey," U-Kwon called. "Did Zico and Kyung say they were going to Candy Mountain?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "After you sang that one song earlier they got into this Charlie-the-Unicorn mode and dragged B-Bomb with them."

"And he agreed to go?" Taeil looked at me weirdly.

"Yeah, I don't know why." I shrugged. "But I don't think B-Bomb has ever watched that video before so he won't know that those two are going to try and steal his kidney."

"Should't we go and stop them then?" Taeil asked.

"I guess we should." I sighed as we walked towards the doorway.

"To Candy Mountain!" U-Kwon pointed in a random direction.

"THERE'S NO CANDY MOUNTAIN!!"

~~~~~

"There they are." U-Kwon spoke in a whisper as we hid behind a wall. Zico and Kyung were laughing uncontrollably as B-Bomb walked ahead of them, occasionally looking back at the two like they were the most idiotic people he has ever met. That may actually be true.

"So how do we get them away from B-Bomb?" I asked.

"We could tackle them to the ground." Taeil suggested.

"That could work." I nodded. "Okay, ready? 1, 2, go!"

We ran towards the three. I tackled Zico to the ground, Taeil tackled Kyung to the ground, and U-Kwon... tackled B-Bomb to the ground, which didn't make him so happy.

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?!" B-Bomb shoved U-Kwon off.

"Taeil and Jaehyo told me to." U-Kwon pointed to us which caused B-Bomb to glare at us instead.

I sighed. "I said to tackle these two, not B-Bomb."

U-Kwon formed an 'o' with his mouth and nodded slowly. "Wait... Why are we doing that again?"

I facepalmed. "Okay, listen carefully."

"Get off of me." Zico growled. "You're heavy."

"After my explanation!" I glared at the boy that I sat on top of. "As I was saying, these two that are leading you to 'Candy Moutain' are actually trying to steal your kidney instead."

B-Bomb raised an eyebrow. "I thought there was no Candy Mountain."

"There isn't. That's where they are supposedly taking you to take your kidney. It's some crappily made cardboard box thing." I told him.

"There really is a Candy Mountain!" Kyung insisted as he shoved the shorter man off of him.

"Yeah!" Zico nodded. "We'll take you there!"

I rolled my eyes. "What the internet does to kids these days..."

"It's true!!" Kyung did a mini-spaz sort of thing where he shook on the floor. "I saw it! Some man was telling us to come because he had homemade peppermints and butterscotch!"

"This sounds vaguely familiar..." I mumbled.

"It does." Taeil nodded. "Isn't that the guy that tried to Jihoonie?"

"I think so..." I laughed. "There really isn't a Candy Mountain guys. It's just that old erted man that touched Jihoon in places that you wouldn't want to get touched in by old y men."

"Oh..." Zico and Kyung frowned.

"Sorry to disappoint you." I shook my head.

"I'm going to kill him." Zico growled as he got up from the ground, making me tip over in the process and landing on my face. "How dare he lie to me!"

"Hold him down!" I ordered as I rubbed my nose. "How dare you shove me to my face!"

I grabbed Zico's shirt collar. "Yah! Don't touch me with hands that you don't wash!"

I looked at him in shock. "I do wash my hands! Who told you what happened yesterday anyways!"

"I did." Kyung smiled. This fool!

I sighed as I let go of Zico. "Don't go after him or he'll actually you too."

"Wasn't he transferred to the other side of the building though?" Taeil gave us a weird look. "How would he be here?"

"True..." I mumbled. "This is very strange, very strange indeed."

"Oh, by the way." U-Kwon suddenly realized something. "Aren't your days in here almost over?"

"Actually, yeah!" I smiled.

"Why are you in here? You asked everyone before right?" U-Kwon questioned. "You never told us why you were in here."

I sighed. "Well... It's kind of hard for me to talk about since I try not to."

"Just tell us what you can then." Kyung shrugged.

"Well, I attempted suicide. That failed, obviously since I'm still here." I said. "I don't like going into detail though. So, yeah..." I finished lamely.

"Oh, so you tried too." U-Kwon nodded.

"Yeah, I though B-Bomb and Taeil here were the only ones." Zico nodded.

"Oh yeah, Taeil." I pointed at him. "You're the only one I never got a reason from."

"Oh, uh..." Taeil bit his bottom lip and looked away. "I-I don't like to talk about it."

He then walked away, leaving the rest of us staring after. After he was competely out of sight, Kyung spoke up. "Taeil has never told any of us the reason actually. Only Zico here knows."

"Yeah." Zico nodded.

"Really?" I looked to Zico. "What happened?"

"I'm not sure why he told only me but I never ever tell anyone else. If he doesn't want others to know then I try to respect his decision. If you want to know then you have to hear it from Taeil himself. It doesn't feel right for me to tell you without his permission." Zico said. "Sorry."

"Oh, okay." I nodded. Little did we know, Taeil was still nearby, right around the corner listening before he finally walked away.

So some mysteries were solved today and some weren't. Will they ever get solved? Only I will know...



~ 블락비 ~


Welp, I'll dedicate this chapter to kaytbear3 because you're the only one that actually gave me an idea for this chapter. (: Really, you guys could have even said to include a glass box (like the one in Choshinsung/Supernova's On Days That I Miss You) except ten times bigger and full of rainbow, cockroach-eating monkies that infiltrate the institution to hunt down Kyung for stealing their bananas (even though they only eat cockroaches) but they find out that it's actually not bananas but cucumbers instead so they explode from lack of bananas and I would have done it.

Really. I would have.