Chapter Sixty-Two

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon leaned forward and gave Tiffany a light kiss on the forehead. “Good night, my angel.” She muttered as she fixed the blanket and covered Tiffany better. 

 

The dinner went by smoothly – with their to-go orders from a nearby restaurant. Taeyeon was very attentive of every needs of Tiffany. She even sulked and whined a lot when Tiffany kept telling her that she can eat on her own despite the broken arm that the latter just relented and let Taeyeon do whatever it is that she wants even though she was blushing the whole time due to another person’s presence that is Sunny. 

 

After dinner, Taeyeon even helped her to wash up and get changed and forced her to take her medicine. 

 

Sunny watched the two from the side, smiling to herself as she realized how much Taeyeon has changed. And for the better. She couldn’t even come up with the right words to say to Tiffany to express her gratitude. While Taeyeon was busy attending to Tiffany, Sunny took the chance to text their friends – Hyoyeon, Yoona and Juhyun – as she relayed what she was witnessing before her eyes. Replies from their friends came flooding with Hyoyeon nagging Sunny for keeping her out of the loop regarding Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

Sunny looked up from her phone when she heard a door opening then closing and saw Taeyeon walking towards her. 

 

Taeyeon threw herself on the couch next to Sunny and draped an arm over her eyes and sighed rather a bit loud.

 

“You okay, Taeng?” Sunny asked, worried.

 

Taeyeon grunted and nodded and took about a minute before speaking up. “Sorry took me a while back there. I just wanted to make sure she’s comfortable. She usually sleeps on her side, you know? But right now she can’t and –“ Taeyeon was cut off by Sunny.

 

“Taeng, calm down. I get it. It’s okay. You’re babbling right now.” Sunny chuckled.

 

Taeyeon blushed and avoided Sunny’s eyes.

 

“It’s okay, Taeyeon ah. I’ve actually never seen you like that before. It’s quite refreshing and amusing to be honest.” Sunny giggled. “I can’t even imagine you being such a softy while your being yourself, the persuasive and possessive Taeyeon we know.”

 

“Yah! What are you talking about? I’m not a softy! And I’m not possessive.” Taeyeon crossed her arms.

 

“That’s not gonna work on me, Taengoo. Save that to your princess.” Sunny was laughing harder this time making Taeyeon hit her on the arm once.

 

After Sunny has sort of calmed down, Taeyeon was still frowning at her. “What? Oh, come on Taeng. You’re so whipped. It’s really nice to see a tamed Taeyeon.” She tried hard not to laugh but failed.

 

“Whatever.” 

 

“Awww. Tiffany’s baby is sulking now. Stop sulking Fany’s baby. She’s not here to make the boo-boo feel better.” Sunny teased.

 

“Yah!!” Taeyeon tackled Sunny and the two wrestled for a few minutes before they stopped, sitting next to each other on the floor with their backs leaning on to the couch.

 

After some time, Taeyeon finally broke the silence. “Thank you, Sunkyu. Thank you for everything and I’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to yell or raise my voice at you.”

 

Sunny looked at Taeyeon and patted her back. “It’s fine. Sorry it got out of hand at the airport and got Tiffany injured.”

 

“Thank you still. If it weren’t for you something worse could have happened and you know it.”

 

Sunny just smiled, letting another minute pass before talking again. “I will always have your back Taeyeon. We will always have your back and Tiffany’s too now. You should always keep that in mind.”

 

“But –” 

 

“No buts. You’ve always got our backs even without us asking for you to. And no, it is not just returning the favor. We’re a family, Taeyeon ah, and this is what family does.”

 

“Thanks.” Taeyeon silently muttered.

 

--------------

 

The two friends were enveloped by silence for quite some time with Sunny watching Taeyeon intently. She could see the changes in Taeyeon’s expression every passing minute and she knows that her friend was busy thinking – she could see her frowning, relaxing the next minute and frowning again, lips pursed sometimes bitten. 

 

Then, Sunny saw Taeyeon relaxing, shoulders that were tensed with her jaw and clenched fists finally slackened a bit.

 

Sunny just kept her eyes on Taeyeon as she watched in amusement as to how different this Taeyeon is in front of her right now than the Taeyeon that she knew before. If she didn’t know better, whenever Taeyeon was frustrated or has a lot in mind, there would be nothing else following the constant frowning and pursing of lips but a bunch of things being thrown against a wall or in worst scenario, walls being punched that would end up having an injured Taeyeon.

 

But, right now there was none of the short-tempered Taeyeon. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Taeyeon clearing and straightening her shirt up. The latter stood up, took a deep breath and sighed.

 

“Can we talk? Inside the office?” a rather calm Taeyeon asked.

 

“Of course.” Sunny smiled as she followed Taeyeon to one of the rooms. It’s quite strange to see you like this, but I’m liking this somewhat changed Taeyeon. At least you do not hurt yourself intentionally anymore especially when you are bothered by your thoughts. She mentally made a note to make sure to thank Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon stood in front of the window, her back towards Sunny. If someone else were to step inside that room, they would probably tremble or even pee in their pants because of the rather cold, menacing atmosphere despite the calmness coming from Taeyeon.

 

“How’s the company, Sunny? I mean I know when we left there wasn’t any problems at all, at least that’s what I thought.” Taeyeon started with her back still on Sunny.

 

“That’s right. There hasn’t really been any problems even right now as we speak. Everything seems to be going as planned. Although we are trying to push forward and rushing with the other projects and stuff as scheduled, I don’t think that would cause us any serious problems.” Sunny paused. “You’re doing great, Taeng. She would be really happy and grateful of you for making sure this company stands strong as she have imagined it to be.” 

 

This time, Taeyeon turned around and met Sunny’s eyes. Sunny could see the sadness in them. 

 

“Strange as it is, I miss her Sunny. No one has treated me the way she did, even in just the short span of time that we’ve met and spent time together. Of course, aside from you guys. You know what I mean, right?”

 

“I know. I’ve met her too, remember? And indeed she was nice.”

 

“She even asked me to call her umma.” Taeyeon smiled but it was a sad one. “I’m really hoping her daughter is in good hands. I want to make sure that she’s okay because I want to keep that promise I made to her.”

 

“I’m sure she is. You’ll meet her soon enough.”

 

“I hope so. I really do hope so. It’s the only thing I could do after all the kindness she showed me and making me feel…” Taeyeon’s eyes were now glistening. She turned around and wiped her eyes. Then, Sunny heard a low chuckle. “I’m being such a crybaby. I’m sorry. I don’t even know what has gotten in to me. But, I think it would be really nice if she has met Tiffany.”

 

“You can always bring Tiffany to her.”

 

“I might just do that. Soon.”

 

“Good. Anyway, I think the new building will be done soon. As expected of you, you got the right people and they are working even better than what’s expected of them. And even if it seems like they’re working ahead of schedule, based on every inspections done they are doing great. Maybe we can move over there soon enough. Only the interiors are left that needs to be finished.”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “That’s great. Maybe we can have the partner take a tour and have a look at the new building before we move. You know what will happen once we move right?” Taeyeon took a seat on the chair behind the desk.

 

“Yes and we are prepared and ready more than anything else.”

 

“Glad to hear that. Thank you. I’m thinking of meeting the partner in probably about three days from now? I just want to make sure Tiffany is okay before I make myself too busy. Oh and I want to take her out to look for a new house for us. Would that be possible?”

 

Sunny saw the hopeful eyes. “I’ll make it happen.”

 

“Thank you!” 

 

“You’re welcome. I should probably get going now.”

 

“Why don’t you stay? There’s plenty of rooms in here. Just crash in one of those rooms.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Taeyeon playfully glared at her friend. “Are you seriously asking me that question?”

 

Sunny raised both of her hands in surrender whilst chuckling. “Fine. I guess I’ll just crash in here tonight.”

 

Before Taeyeon could reply, they heard someone calling for Taeyeon.

 

“Tae-taeyeon ah…”

 

“I guess we should really call it a night now. Go ahead and be with her, see what she needs. I know my way around here.”

 

Taeyeon walked towards Sunny and hugged the latter. “Thank you. For everything.”

 

Taeyeon walked out the room and saw Tiffany cutely rubbing her eyes and squinting as she continued to look for Taeyeon.

 

Sunny followed suit and saw Taeyeon wrapping an arm around Tiffany. She smiled to herself. Finally, Kim Taeyeon. Be happy. I’m sure oppa is happy too as he watches over you. And she went to the room next door, ready to go to bed and finally let her mind go to rest.

 

---------------

 

“Why are you up? I thought you were asleep already?” Taeyeon said as she wrapped an arm around Tiffany’s waist, guiding her back to the room.

 

Tiffany nodded and cleared . “I was but when...” She blushed suddenly.

 

“When what?”

 

Tiffany shook her head.

 

“What is it? Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“I-I’m okay.”

 

“You’re not telling me something.” Taeyeon have Tiffany sit at the end of the bed and she squats in front of her -- her hands took both of Tiffany’s.

 

Tiffany felt herself blushing more. “I... I woke up because you weren’t next to me when I guess I was just trying to look for you. I mean, I was trying to reach for you and you weren’t there and -” She was cut off with a pair of lips on hers.

 

Taeyeon smiled after she pulled back. “You’re too cute, Fany ah.” She stood up and pulled Tiffany with her.

 

Taeyeon tucked Tiffany back to bed and cov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter