Chapter Twenty-Five

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon exhaled loudly, letting out the breath she was holding in due to panic and nervousness. "Oh gosh. Yah! You scared the hell out of me." Taeyeon told Tiffany as she playfully smacked the latter's arm. "I thought it was something serious. Whew." Taeyeon continued.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon apologetically, yet with a hint of fear in her eyes. "Ah...erm. It is something serious Tae..."

"What? Why? Are you hurt? Are you feeling pain anywhere? Did you lose anything? Or did you...did you remember..." Taeyeon asked without stopping yet trailed off as she remembered the horrifying incident Tiffany had gone through.

Tiffany holds Taeyeon's hand, and said "No. No. Oh my gosh. It's...Omo Tae. I am doomed! So doomed! Jessi will kill me! I need, I need my phone. I need to call her. Oh gosh. I'll have to face Hellsica." And Tiffany shivered as she imagines Hellsica.

"Psshhh. It's just your best friend. You have nothing to worry about. Well, about that... Your phone is broken. I was planning to get you one but I thought that you might wanna choose one yourself."

"Oh, Tae. You don't know her. Oh her deadly glares and her ear-piercing dolphin scream.."

Taeyeon chuckled. "Yah. Calm down. She's not here anyways. Let's go get you a new phone. I saw a store down there earlier."

Taeyeon and Tiffany went to the store and had Tiffany's older number cancelled and got her a new one with her new phone. And of course, it is a pink one.

On their way back to the rest house, Tiffany decided to call Jessica while Taeyeon is driving.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"J-Je-Jessi?" Tiffany stuttered in fear.

"Tiffany? Tiffany Hwang?! YAH! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR CALL FOR DAYS! DAYS, TIFFANY HWANG! DON'T YOU DARE MAKE EXCUSES. JUST WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU. I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK THINKING SOMETHING MIGHT HAVE HAD HAPPENED TO YOU. AISH. YOU DIDN'T CALL AND I CAN'T EVEN CONTACT YOU!! AND YOU MADE ME SACRIFICE MY SLEEPING HOURS! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I TREASURE AND LOVE MY BEAUTY SLEEP. AND WHY ARE YOU USING A DIFFERENT NUMBER? YOU...YOU! JUST YOU WAIT 'TIL I SEE YOU AND YOU'LL GET IT FROM ME!"     

Jessica continuously scolded Tiffany with her ear-piercing voice that Tiffany has to move the phone away from her ears and Tiffany could still hear her. And Taeyeon. Taeyeon shivered as she heard Jessica.

"Je-Jessi? Are you d-done?" Tiffany asked after hearing nothing but silence.

Tiffany heard a sigh from the other line. "Yes, I am done. Now, you better have a good explanation for not calling me and me not being able to contact you. Aish. You got me so worried. You know what the situation is like right now."

"Jessi... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I know I got you worried. Sorry. Forgive me please?" Tiffany said, sighing then using aegyo to calm her best friend.

"Stop using aegyo on me. You know that doesn't work on me Hwang. What happened? Did something happen to you? Did you get hurt? Please tell me you are okay, Tiff."

"Sorry..." Tiffany muttered. "N-Nothing happened. I-I'm all good. Super good. I, uhm.. Ah my phone, I d-dropped it. Yes, that's right. I dropped it so it's broken now. I just got a new one today. S-sorry..." A nervous Tiffany tried to cover up. 

Sensing the fear and panic from Tiffany's voice, Taeyeon reached out and put her hand over Tiffany's that was resting on the latter's lap and gave it a soft squeeze. Tiffany's tensed body relaxes and she turned to look at Taeyeon who gave her a smile. Tiffany returned the smile.

Tiffany continued to talk to Jessica, trying her best to take the worry off from her. Tiffany didn't say anything about what happened to her few days back, just like she always did-- always keeping it to herself not wanting to burden anyone.

Tiffany was relieved when Jessica stopped asking and forcing her to spill everything. Just right when the call ended, Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived at the rest house. Taeyeon waited for Tiffany and offered her hand as they walk.

"Let's walk for a bit?" Taeyeon asked. Tiffany nodded.

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon broke the silence. Tiffany just nodded again. "Don't worry too much, okay? I know, somewhat, you're putting a blame on yourself. You need to stop doing that. You did nothing wrong so you have no reason for blaming yourself on anything. And, I am here now. You have me now."

Tiffany sighed, for the nth time that night. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon who has a small smile on her face. "Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing. I'm just happy."

"Oh. I'm happy that you are happy." Tiffany said, letting her lips to curve into a smile as well. 

"And that's thanks to you." 

"And I thank you too, dork." Tiffany said, this time giggling. Taeyeon smiled dorkily this time, loving the sound of Tiffany's giggles.

"Your friend is indeed scary. Oh she gave me goosebumps." Taeyeon said as she showed Tiffany how she shivered and got scared from Jessica.

Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon. "I told you she's scary. You wouldn't believe me earlier."

"I know. I know. Geez. And she sounds like worse than any mothers out there. Haha"

"Yah! If she's here and she heard you, you probably already got it from her."

"Nah-uh. She won't. Coz I'll use you as my shield." Taeyeon giggled.

Tiffany shook her head dramatically, "I can't believe my own girlfriend would use me as a her shield instead of defending me."

"Oooohhh. I like the sound of that. Girlfriend." Taeyeon said, still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter