Chapter Sixty-One

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and Tiffany were both restless throughout their flight. They tried their best to get as much rest as they could but their minds just wouldn’t let them. And what more, they tried reassuring each other that they are okay and are not worried yet they knew better.

 

Tiffany was extra clingy, holding and staying so close to Taeyeon for as much as she could. Taeyeon didn’t mind at all though. She is secretly loving it despite the fear that she is feeling for her and mostly for Tiffany’s safety.

 

After such a long flight, finally it is time for them to face what they left behind after their short escapade.

 

As the plane lands, Tiffany’s hold on Taeyeon’s hand tightened. Taeyeon looked to her side and saw Tiffany’s tensed expression. She pats the hand and gave her a peck on the cheek. “It’s okay. I’m here. Nothing’s going to happen, okay?” She whispered to the quiet girl next to her.

 

As soon as they got off the plane, Taeyeon took her phone out and dialed Sunny’s number.

 

“Hey, we just landed. We’re on our way to baggage claim area now.” Taeyeon started as soon as Sunny picked up.

 

“Don’t Taeng. I’ll have someone do that for you. I need you guys to go straight to the closest VIP lounge from your gate.”

 

“Why? It’s not like people can come this far so why bother? We can do it you know.”

 

“Just… Trust me, Taeng. Please. I’ll explain to you once you get here. I’m waiting for you here at the lounge.”

 

Taeyeon sighed and saw the worry in Tiffany’s eyes. She cracked a small smile. “Okay. We’ll be there.”

 

“Sunny’s waiting for us at the VIP lounge. They’ll take care of our stuff she said.” Taeyeon gave Tiffany a reassuring smile. “It’s okay. Just taking some precautionary measures I guess. Don’t worry now. I won’t let anything happen to you.” Taeyeon reached out and fixed Tiffany’s jacket and put the hood on her and then she did the same on her own. They were wearing matching hoodie in their favorite colors.

 

“Come on so we can grab something to eat. You didn’t eat much in the plane.”

 

“I’m okay.” Tiffany squeaked.

 

Taeyeon intertwined her fingers with Tiffany and found her way to the VIP lounge where Sunny was waiting for them. Once they reached, she knocked on the door then opened it without waiting for any response.

 

They saw Sunny approaching them with a calm expression but Taeyeon could see through her.

 

Sunny gave them both a hug. “How was the vacation and the flight?”

 

Taeyeon grinned as she takes off the hood of the jacket from her head. “Oh you know… Amazing!” She jumped and even did a fist pump in the air making Tiffany and Sunny giggle.

 

“Okay shorty. I got it.” Sunny cleared and smiled at Tiffany, somehow apologetically. “Well, we should get going I think. Give me one second.” She pulled out her phone from her purse and dialed a number.

 

“Did you find all their belongings?” There was a short pause. “Okay. Good. You know where to bring those. We will be on our way as well.” And the call ended.

 

Taeyeon was looking at Sunny with raised eyebrows. “I told you we could have done that ourselves.”

 

“We can’t risk it, Taeng. Somehow, the media got the information that you will be back and that you will be here at the airport today. I’m just glad that I was notified right away or we wouldn’t be able to come up with a plan or anything at all.”

 

Taeyeon sat on the arm rest of the couch. Her face was buried on her hands as she sighed. She ran a hand over her hair and looked to her side, to Tiffany who was trying her best to soothe her. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t know it’ll go out of hand.”

 

“You don’t have to apologize. It’s not your fault. It’s not Sunny’s fault either.” Tiffany smiled at her. “I guess I wasn’t really that aware that Kim Taeyeon is this famous though. Who would’ve thought that shorty Kim Taeyeon is this popular?!” Tiffany tried to lighten Taeyeon’s darkening mood. But, Taeyeon didn't smile nor react at all and Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was taking these all in and somehow putting all the burden and blame on herself.

 

Tiffany stood up from where she was seated and stood in between Taeyeon’s legs. She tucked Taeyeon’s hair behind her ear and fixed her fringe. “Calm down. You said it yourself, everything will be alright. Just hear out Sunny first then we can think of something else if you don’t like any parts of what she has to say, okay?”

 

Taeyeon, who rested her head on Tiffany’s shoulder, looked up and met Tiffany’s gentle orbs. She nodded and agreed on what Tiffany just told her. “I’m listening.” She mumbled.

 

Sunny gave Tiffany a grateful smile. “Okay. Well, we were thinking of having Tiffany go with the guards and go through the back while you will go with me to the front just to appease them. It might be helpful that they would see you at least walk through those doors. We won’t stop even for a second to answer any questions. We will just go, walk straight then in to the car that should be waiting for us now out there.”

 

Taeyeon frowned. “No. I’m not letting Tiffany out of my sight. It’s either I will go through the back doors with her or she’ll stick with me as I go out through those doors.”

 

“But Taeng-“

 

“I said no!” Taeyeon raised her voice surprising both Tiffany and Sunny.

 

“Taeyeon ah, maybe Sunny is right.”

 

“No, Fany. I said no. I won’t let you walk out there without me. I could care less as to what those reporters and paparazzi want but I don’t want to walk out there without you next to me. Understand? Anything can happen and I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if something happens to you when I could have been there.”

 

“But-…“ Tiffany was cut off by Sunny.

 

Sunny sighed. “Okay. We’ll go by what you want then Taeng.” She took out something from the bag that was on the other couch. “Here, use this. I know it’ll take even more attention but this is just to protect you two from them. At least we could hide Tiffany’s face from them. I’ll wear the same thing so it won’t be just the two of you. So glad I thought of wearing this instead.” She pointed out her rather very casual clothing instead of her business attire. She smiled at Taeyeon, knowing what the latter must be feeling right now.

 

“We should all get moving or we won’t really be able to leave this place at all.” Sunny added before dialing another number on her phone and escorted the two out with the bodyguards.

 

“Stay close to me no matter what.” Taeyeon whispered through the face mask she was wearing. Tiffany nodded, as she lowered the cap and the hood of her jacket. She was looking down the floor, just following Taeyeon’s footsteps and pull as well as the bodyguards.

 

Sunny stood next to Taeyeon, linking her arms with the latter’s just to try and eliminate or lessen any suspicions from the media waiting for Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon could already hear the noise from outside. She took a deep breath and squeezed Tiffany’s hand before having her go behind her. “Lower your head don’t make any eye contact with anyone and just hold on tight to me. Here,” she took Tiffany’s hands and have them hold onto her back, her jacket and took another deep breath. “I’m ready.” She muttered to Sunny.

 

“Okay. Let’s move.” Sunny ordered.

 

Tiffany was holding her breath as she held on tightly on Taeyeon’s jacket. She did just as what she was told to do – head lowered, not looking anywhere else but the floor and Taeyeon’s back. As soon as they were nearing the doors, she could already hear people screaming Taeyeon’s name.

 

It seems like some of the reporters were able to get inside the airport thus making it harder for them to pass through. And, it was worse than they even imagined. How did this issue even become this big? Taeyeon was able to hide from the media and public for as much as she could, live at least a somehow quiet life aside from the time when her brother died.

 

Sunny lowered her mask a bit. “Sorry. Ms. Kim is in a tight schedule. Please make way for us.” She signaled something to the bodyguards.

 

The flash from the cameras, the shutters, the screaming… Taeyeon was lost. Fear crept up all over her body. Her fists and jaw were clenched tightly. Her eyes seemed to have darkened as well. She knows she can’t just lose control in there.

 

“Ms. Kim, were you with Mr. Cho the whole time?”

 

“Where were you all this time Ms. Kim? Is it true that you betrayed your own company?”

 

“Miss, who are you?”

 

“Who is the other person with you Ms. Kim?”

 

The reporters were all pushing each other, trying to get closer to Taeyeon, who was now quickening her pace. She can’t stand being there anymore and she was afraid something will happen to Tiffany as it is starting to become chaotic.

 

“Sunny, it’s getting out of control. How did they all get in here?” Taeyeon hissed.

 

“Sorry, Taeng. I don’t know either. Let’s just hurry up. We’re almost there.”

 

Taeyeon’s worst fear did happen. Somehow some reporters were able to get closer than they should have and started pushing on each other. And before the bodyguards could react, Tiffany’s jacket was pulled by some of them and was eventually pushed down.  Taeyeon felt the grip behind her loosening but the bodyguard was ushering her to walk on. She stopped and looked back to find the other bodyguards kneeling down a few steps back. And Tiffany wasn’t behind her. She saw Tiffany on the floor and then heard her scream in pain.

 

She ran back and pushed the bodyguards away as she glared at them as if her eyes were sending them deadly daggers. Sunny was behind Taeyeon and ordered the security and bodyguards to clear the way and control the crowd. Tiffany looked unconscious and it made Taeyeon teary eyed right away.

 

“Taeyeon, let them carry her.” Sunny said as she was pulling Taeyeon to stand up.

 

“No!” she hissed.

 

This didn’t stop the reporters from taking their pictures and calling for her, yelling questions still. It was a total chaos.

 

Taeyeon picked up Tiffany. “Angel, open your eyes for me please.” She whispered.

 

“Taeyeon, let them do it.” Sunny whispered.

 

“I said no Sunny. Clear the way. Now!”

 

“Fany ah… Please wake up Fany.” She quickened her pace, ignoring the bodyguards, the security and the reporters.

 

And she saw the car that was waiting for them. “Open the damn door!” She ordered.

 

She slipped inside with Tiffany being cradled by her now. Sunny followed suit. Sunny could see the unreadable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter