Chapter Forty-Nine

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seobang, aren't we going to tell Tiff and Taeyeon about us? You know, me... You... Engaged?" Jessica asked as she played with Yuri's hand mindlessly, as they laid entangled on the bed, enjoying each other's warmth.

Jessica and Yuri spent their day inside their London apartment, a gift from Yuri's parents for their engagement. Yuri asked for an extension for her vacation and so did Jessica as they both planned to stop by Paris before going back to Seoul then to LA.

"Yuri? Did you hear me?" Jessica lifted her head to look at Yuri who was lost in her thoughts while playing with Jessica's hair.

"Oh. Huh? What did you say?" Yuri looked at Jessica, smiling warmly.

"Tsk. Seobang ah. Is there something wrong? I asked you why we haven't called and told Tiff and Taeyeon about us." 

"Oh. Nothing's wrong princess. I'm just...thinking." Yuri grinned at Jessica.

"And what are you thinking about that you've been spacing out on me?"

"You." Yuri answered simply making Jessica blush.

"Whatever." Jessica said playfully, trying to hide her flushed cheeks.

"It's true though. It's been so long, Sica ah. We've come so far don't you think? From being childhood friends, being away from each other, making our parents understand about us, our best friends, our break... So many thing have happened and yet we're still here. And soon enough, I can really claim you as mine. Forever." Yuri said lovingly, looking straight at Jessica's now glistening eyes.

"I've always been yours Yuri. Right from the start and you should know that."  Jessica hugged Yuri.

"I know. It's just that you know... I don't even know how I can put to words this happiness I feel right now." Yuri tightened her hold on Jessica.

"I love you Yuri."

"And I love you too my Jessica." Yuri placed a kiss on top of Jessica's head before speaking again. "As for our Taeng and Tiff... And our other friends... Can we tell them after Paris? I uhm..." Yuri didn't finish her sentence.

"You what?"

"I was hoping we could savour this moment, this new chapter in our life together for a while with just the two of us. It's not that I don't want to let them know. Don't misunderstand me please. I just... Well... I guess I just want to have you to myself for a while? I know that once we tell everyone, they will all go crazy and start calling us and stuff. But, I bet our two kid best friends wouldn't be like that. I still want them two to be the first to know. It's just that..." Yuri babbled but was cut off by a pair of lips.

Jessica giggled before saying, "I get it seobang. You're babbling again. I'm all yours. We'll tell them whenever you want us to tell them okay?"

Yuri nodded, grinning like a fool as she thanked Jessica. "Thank you princess." 

———————————————

It was already dark when a figure under the blanket stirred from slumber. She wanted to stretch her body but felt something stopping her from doing so. Her eyes fluttered open and a smile crept up her face with her still droopy eyes. Arms around her, a leg on her trapping both of her legs and a head on her chest - clingy indeed.

"I would love to wake up everyday with this sight. Just like this." Taeyeon thought to herself, smiling.

Taeyeon tried to turn to her side, moving Tiffany's head to her arm. She heard Tiffany groan before snuggling closer back to her.

After a while of wtaching the sleeping love of her life, Taeyeon decided to wake Tiffany up so they can go home and rest more comfortably. 

"Yeppeuni, wake up. It's getting late, we need to go home." Taeyeon whispered.

Tiffany groaned yet again, trying to wriggle herself free from Taeyeon's embrace. Taeyeon had to chuckle at the girl who's trying to get out of her arms with her bed hair, brows furrowed and sounds of annoyance escaping her.

"Come on now Totoro. Wake up please."

Tiffany huffed in response as she stopped trying to free herself from Taeyeon's arms. Few minutes later - after trying to fight her drowsiness - she opened her eyes slowly. Squinting, Tiffany saw Taeyeon's smiling face so close to hers. She can feel the latter's breath tickling her until she felt a pair of soft lips against her own. Tiffany sighed in contentment, smiling through the kiss just like Taeyeon.

"Awake now?" Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany nodded and cleared before answering back, "Wh-what time is it?" 

"Hmmm. Almost 9. It's getting a bit chilly, we should head home now." 

"Okay. But..."

"But what?" Taeyeon nuzzled against Tiffany's hair before kissing it.

"Uhm. You...you're still going to tell me right?" Tiffany hesitantly asked.

"Tell you what?" 

"Sigh. Tell me about what's really going on with you. You're going to tell me right?" Tiffany sat up as she looked straight into Taeyeon's eyes, worried and scared.

"Yes, I will Fany ah. I promised you and I won't break it."

"Okay then. Thank you." Tiffany kissed Taeyeon on the cheek.

Taeyeon smiled warmly at Tiffany before hugging the latter. "We should go now." She said on her ear.

Their drive home was quiet but comfortable. With every chance she has, Taeyeon would reach for Tiffany's hand and the latter would welcome it with her eye smile and intertwine it with hers. All they could think of was how grateful they are for the person sitting next to them - the person whom they think of as their angel, their savior.

———————————————

Taeyeon and Tiffany were seated at their couch, quiet and both trying to gather their thoughts and words. Tiffany made it clear as soon as they got home, that Taeyeon needs to keep her promise about telling her what really is going on with her.

Taeyeon sighed nervously as she turned her body to face Tiffany who was watching her with a confused, worried and lost look. 

"Fany ah, even if I am left with nothing, you wont go right? You won't leave me right?" Taeyeon asked, reaching for Tiffany's hands.

Tiffany was surprised with the question. She felt a bit offended, thinking whether Taeyeon thought of her as being with the latter because she is THE Kim Taeyeon. "What kind of question is that? Kim Taeyeon! What do you think of me? I am not here because of your money or who you are or whatever it is. I thought you knew that." Tiffany stoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter