Chapter Forty-Three

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri and Jessica had a difficult time sleeping last night as they were too worried about Tiffany. Jessica kept on checking on Tiffany, anxious of seeing another painful episode that she had witnessed almost every single day before. She doesn't want for history to repeat itself.

Yuri and Jessica were both in the kitchen with Yuri making breakfast and Jessica watching over.

"Yuri." Jessica called out.

"Hmmm?" Yuri hummed in response.

"Do you think she'll be okay? I mean... Uhm, you know. I don't want it to happen to her again. It was too painful to see her to be in that situation, in that state and we can't help her everytime because her father keeps on messing and interfering with us. What if... What if..."

"I know. I'm worried too. We'll just have to be there for her this time, okay? We won't let her fall back again like that." Yuri said cutting off Jessica as she turned and faced her.

Jessica nodded but worry and fear still etched on her face. Yuri kissed her on the cheek and took her hands and squeezed them lightly.

Yuri went back to cooking while Jessica continued to watch when they heard an almost inaudible greeting that startled them both.

"Morning, Jessi and Yuri." Tiffany greeted while rubbing both her eyes which were still puffy and a bit red from all the crying she did. 

Tiffany walked past by the two and went straight to the fridge to get herself a glass of strawberry milk. Jessica and Yuri watched intently, surprised to see a whole turn over from the Tiffany yesterday to the Tiffany standing before them. They were taken away from their thoughts when Tiffany spoke up again.

"Jessi, what time is your flight later?"

"Oh, uhm... We were thinking of cancelling our flight, Tiff. Actually we were about to before you came in."

"Huh? But, why? You two have been so excited about that trip though."

"Well, maybe next time."

"Please don't tell me you're doing this because of me? I'm fine. I really am."

Jessica just looked at Tiffany, confused. She doesn't know what to do or say because obviously Tiffany is just trying to show them she is okay when in fact she is not.

"It's okay, Tiff. We can always go some other time. There'll be a lot of other times for us to go." Jessica spoke up finally.

Tiffany frowned as she placed her glass on the counter. She felt really bad and a burden to everyone who stays close to her and she doesn't like it one bit. She doesn't like how weak she feels and how powerless she seems to be. "No. You should go. I'll be fine. I don't want to be a burden to the both of you like I have always been. It's your vacation so you should do what you should be doing instead of worrying and watching over me." Tiffany said, trying her best to control her voice.

"But, Tiff! First, you are not a burden. You should know that. And, like I said we could always go some other time." Yuri at this point was just standing, watching the two, knowing that she shouldn't interrupt unless she really have to.

"No, Jessi. You and Yuri should go. Like I said I'll be fine. School will be starting in three days and I'll have the company to keep me busy. That'll be enough to distract me if that's what you are worried about. If you really care for me, then you will go and have fun and whatever and forget about worrying about me. I think I have bothered you both enough my whole life with all these mess."

"Tiff, that's just so--"

"Please, Jessica." Tiffany begged.

Yuri approached Jessica and placed a hand on the latter's shoulder, squeezing it lightly.

"I'll just get ready. I'm not hungry so you guys just eat by yourselves. And uhm, I have one more question to ask but that could wait. Just let me know what time you guys need to leave. I'll drive you guys to the airport." 

And with that, Tiffany turned around and started to walk towards her bedroom. She closed the door behind her as she closes her eyes as well. 
 
Tiffany went ahead and took a shower. She stood under the running water, letting go of her tears. The anxiety and emotional stress level of Tiffany shoot up, the violent flashbacks and nightmares she has been avoiding and thought that she have long forgotten seemed to have all came back to haunt her again. She felt her stomach tightening in knots, she felt nauseous even under what was supposed to be a relaxing shower.

Tiffany doesn't know how long she stayed in the shower but it looked like she has been there for a long time. As soon as she stepped out of her room, she found Jessica and Yuri at the couch watching tv.

"You made the right decision, Tiffany. You have to let them go." Tiffany told herself.

Tiffany approached the two and sat across them. Yuri and Jessica looked at Tiffany, not knowing what to say and how to get started.

"What time do we have to leave for the airport?" Tiffany said, breaking the silence.

"Uhm, around three hours, Tiff." Yuri answered, fidgeting.

"Oh, okay." Tiffany said, staring blankly at the two. "Wait. I have something to ask from you two." She continued.

"Ah, okay. What is it Tiff?" Jessica answered this time.

"When you said my dad probably knows where I am now, how did you know he knows? What made you say that?" 

Yuri gulped nervously as Jessica held and squeezed Yuri's hand tightly. 

"I want an answer Jessi. I need to know. I want to know." 

"Tiff... You see... Uhm.." Yuri started.

"Please, just tell me."

Yuri sighed as she hang her head low. "Tiff, he went to my dad's office. About a week before our flight back. I didn't know he was there until we accidentally bumped into him. He asked about you but of course we didn't say anything because we don't want him to know where you are at. He just looked at us and smiled, more like mocking us and said, 'It's okay, Kwon. You don't have to say anything. I already know where she's at. Just let her know to enjoy as much because I'll come for her. Very soon. And no one would be able to stop me.' His exact words. I'm sorry, Tiff." 

Tiffany felt fear creeping up her whole body. She knows he wouldn't be bluffing at things like that just like before. He never did. If he says he knows, then he truly knows. And it is indeed scary like hell. She felt hair raising throughout her body as her mind started to play visions of her past and possibilities of what it would be like once he got his hands on her again. Her hands started to tremble and so are her lips. 

"Th-thanks. I... I uhm, will be back." Tiffany ran to her room without looking back.

"Yuri...." Jessica looked at Yuri with fear in her eyes as well. "Yuri, what do we do? Do... Do we give her her medicine? I think she hasn't taken it for a while now. But, I don't want her taking those either. Yuri...." Tears starting to form in Jessica's eyes so Yuri pulled her into her embrace.

"Shhhh. Let's give her some time okay? She's not the little kid anymore that we have been trying to protecting all these years. She's grown up now. She u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter