Chapter Forty-Six

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Yuri? Yuri!" Jessica shook Yuri's shoulders as she called out the latter's name. "Are you sure you're okay? Maybe we should just go back to the hotel."

"Ah. Ah, n-no. I'm okay. Oh look, let's go. I have one thing I really wanted to show you." Yuri chuckled nervously.

She has about ten minutes and she's thankful that she didn't lead them both too far from the place she wanted to be at. 

"You've been acting really weird today, seobang. What's going on?"

Yuri scratched her head. "Nothing. I promise. Come on now before we get there late."

After a few more minutes of walking, they arrived at the London Eye. Yuri approached one of the workers and asked about her reservations and if they were able to set it up the way she has asked of. Indeed, it cost her a little more but she doesn't mind at all. The lady that Yuri was talking to approached a younger man and seemed to be explaining Yuri's reservations.

Jessica was watching from where Yuri asked her to stand, confused and wondering what is going on.

Yuri came back, even more nervous this time and took Jessica's hand. "Sica baby, let me cover your eyes for just a little bit okay?"

"Huh? But why?"

"Just trust me, okay?"

Jessica nodded, letting Yuri do whatever she wanted to. Yuri led Jessica to the capsule she has rented. She, herself was in awe when she saw how perfect they have set it up according to her description and requests. A table full of Jessica's favorite sweets and desserts, the bouquet of flowers she ordered and had delivered there, a bottle of wine for them to share, and some of their favorite songs playing in the background. Yuri knows it isn't as big as those other events people may have done but she was hoping this would be enough to make Jessica happy.

They entered the capsule and Yuri took her hand off of Jessica's eyes. "Don't open your eyes yet. I'll tell you when to open them." Yuri instructed Jessica. 

Jessica smiled as she listened to the song playing. Then, she heard Yuri's voice singing along, making her giggle. "You can open your eyes now." Yuri said before she continued singing.

I don't need to find a million reasons why
This is us, this is us, this is how we love
Some ways we're different
But together we're so right
This is us, this is us
And this is how we love

Yuri was grinning when she saw Jessica's surprised yet glowing reaction. "Yuri..." That was all what jessica was able to say. As the ride continued to slowly move, the two were now trapped in their own world.

Yuri smiled and then looked at her watch. It was exactly midnight. "Happy anniversary, my Jessica." Yuri greeted as she offered the flowers.

Jessica took the flowers but didn't budge at her place still until Yuri took one of her hands as they walked and sat down.

"Thank you, Yuri. I love it. I love you." Jessica gave Yuri a quick kiss.

"I'm sorry. I know it's not a really a big one, i mean I don't know. I wasn't so sure what to do to make things even more special..." Yuri was cut off.

"You know you didn't have to do anything at all. Just be with me on this special day and that is more than enough for me."

They shared some of the desserts laid out before them-- different types of cheesecakes, tiramisu, macaroons, creme brulee and others-- as they chat and reminisce some of their most unforgettable memories together. They were laughing, feeding each other, sometimes singing along with the songs.

It took a while before they reached the very top of the ride and it was just how Yuri asked it to be. She wanted it to last like forever.

———————————————

Taeyeon woke up before Tiffany did. She held herself up on her elbow as she watched the peacefully sleeping Tiffany who was still hugging her dookong plush toy tightly. It seems like Tiffany was really exhausted from all the crying and stress that she didn't even felt Taeyeon came home and slept next to her.

Taeyeon could feel the guilt of leaving Tiffany in the midst of their argument yesterday eating her up. She never wanted to hurt Tiffany nor she wanted to make her cry. She vowed to herself that she would protect, love and make this girl next to her happy but she broke it. She became the reason for her tears.

Taeyeon swept the fringe off of Tiffany's forehead as she placed a light kiss on it while she continuously muttered her apologies.

Taeyeon continued to just watch Tiffany as she tries to prepare herself for what would be one of the biggest decisions she'll ever make in her life so far. As she was lost in her thoughts, unconsciously playing with Tiffany's hair, she was brought back from her trance when she heard her whimpering beside her.

"Tae... Taeyeon ah! Don't leave me please. I'm sorry. Taeyeon..." Tiffany said in her sleep, tears falling down from her eyes.

Taeyeon's heart clenched in pain and guilt as she gently tried to wake the angel beside her. "I'm here, my angel. I won't leave you. I'm here." Taeyeon repeatedly whispered as she hugged Tiffany, her own tears falling.

Tiffany stirred few moments later, unaware of what just happened and felt something wet dripping her shirt from the back. Tiffany attempted to turn her body around but failed as Taeyeon tightened her grip. "I'm so sorry, my Tiffany. I'm sorry."

"Tae? Taeyeon." Tiffany called out.

"Hmmm? Fa-Fany?" Taeyeon's voice cracked.

"Tae? What's wrong? Are you okay?" This time, Tiffany forced herself to turn around but Taeyeon avoided looking at her, hiding her face with the pillow. "Tae, you're making me worry. What's wrong?" All the drowsiness left Tiffany's body as she sees Taeyeon acting up as such.

Taeyeon just shook her head and said a muffled, "Nothing's wrong." 

Tiffany was shocked when she saw Taeyeon crying right when she lifted the girl's head up to look at her. Tiffany was wiping the tears when Taeyeon held her hands in place-- on her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, Tiffany. I'm so sorry." Taeyeon hugged Tiffany as she kept apologizing.

"It's okay. Everything's okay. Everything will be okay, Taeyeon." Tiffany said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you and leave you like that last night. It's my fault. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry my Tiffany, my angel." Taeyeon continued to cry, placing her head in the crook of Tiffany's neck as she hug the latter tighter.

"Shhhh. It's okay. It's okay. Stop crying now, please. It breaks my heart to see you like this. And I'm sorry too." Tiffany let Taeyeon to stay like that, in her arms, until the latter started to calm down and stop crying.

Not wanting Tiffany to see her like that, Taeyeon snuggled even closer to Tiffany, inhaling her scent and nuzzling her neck.

"Can we just stay like this?" Taeyeon finally spoke up, mumbling against Tiffany's neck, breaking the silence between them.

"I would love to but we have school today and you said you have something important tonight, like a meeting or something at your work?" Tiffany answered, Taeyeon's hair. Tiffany is busy thinking to herself, taking in everything that has happened, and the fears that are slowly eating her up.

"Please? My appointment isn't til later around dinnertime. Let's stay home today. Please?" 

Tiffany pulled out of the hug and cupped Taeyeon's face, kissing those swollen eyes before answering, "Okay. Let's just stay home for today if that's what you want. I guess a day of missing school wouldn't hurt. But I have to make calls later."

Taeyeon copied Tiffany, cupping the latter's face as well, smiling before giving her a kiss. Taeyeon tenderly traced every feature of Tiffany's face with her finger. Tiffany shivered with the gesture, feeling butterflies in her stomach as Taeyeon continued to trace her face, showering her with sweet words and chaste kisses all over her face.

It was not like it was something new to them; they have shown each other as much affection but somehow it felt a bit more intimate than usual but nonetheless they both liked it. Taeyeon has no words left to say, only courage left to help her, make her show how much she adores and loves Tiffany and how much she regrets running away like she did the night before.

Tiffany was lost in the sensations, in the overwhelming actions by Taeyeon. She feels like her heart is about to burst any moment, like her stomach is tied up in knots that she's having a hard time untangling. It was new and fresh, but somehow intoxicating. And all she could do was hold Taeyeon's other hand and kiss back when the latter did.

After such passionate moment between them, they both went back to sleep for another couple hours or so, holding each other without any intentions of letting go. 

———————————————

Yuri stood up and went over to the player and looked for that one song. After that, she went back to the now confused again Jessica and offered a hand.

"Can I have this dance, my princess?" Yuri asked.

Jessica gladly took the hand, following Yuri's lead. They stood almost at the center of the capsule, Yuri guiding Jessica's hands to her shoulders as she let hers rest on Jessica's waist. Jessica took a step and wrapped her arms on Yuri's neck before resting her head on her shoulder.

Girl, it's been a long, long time comin'
But I, I know that it's been worth the wait
It feels like springtime in winter
It feels like Christmas in June
It feels like heaven has opened up it's gates for me and you

Yuri was singing along while Jessica closed her eyes, enjoying Yuri's voice singing next to her ears as they continue to sway to the music.

And every time I close my eyes
I thank the lord that I've got you
And you've got me too
And every time I think of it
I pinch myself 'cause
I don't believe it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter