Chapter Forty-Two

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany was fidgeting as they wait for Choi Sooyoung to arrive. It was evident in the atmosphere how tensed and nervous everyone were in that room, most especially Tiffany.

"Relax, Tiff. It'll be okay." Jessica said as she placed a hand over one of Tiffany's. And the call from the doorman came.

"Ms. Hwang, a Ms. Choi Sooyoung is down here and said that you are expecting her." The doorman said.

"Ah, yes. I am expecting her. Please let her up. Thanks."

Few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Yuri opened the door as Jessica and Tiffany waited at the living room.

"Choi Sooyoung?" Yuri asked.

"Yes, Ms?" 

"Ah, Kwon Yuri but please call me Yuri." Yuri said as she offered her hand for a shake. Sooyoung took the hand and shook it.

"Please come in. They're at the living room." Yuri closed the door behind them as she led Sooyoung to the living room.

"Hi. I'm Jung Jessica and this is Hwang Tiffany." Jessica greeted as soon as the two others appeared before them.

"Choi Sooyoung."

"Please have a sit. Would you like something to drink? Coffee? Tea? Juice? Water?" Yuri offered.

"Ah, tea would be nice. Thank you." Sooyoung answered as she sat at the couch across Jessica and Tiffany.

"Ms. Hwang, finally, it is really nice to meet you. We've been waiting for your call...for years." Sooyoung started, chuckling a little at the end.

"Ah. Ahm, it's nice to meet you too Ms. Choi. Waiting for me? Years? I... I don't understand."

"Sooyoung, please just call me Sooyoung, Ms. Hwang. And yes, years. Uhm, where do I start... You see Ms. Hwang, even back in LA, your mother had been our client and my sister was the first one to work with her." Sooyoung was interrupted as Yuri placed a cup of tea in front of her and mutterd a thanks before continuing. "What I am about to tell you Ms. Hwang-"

"Tiffany. Please call me Tiffany." Tiffany cuts off Sooyoung.

"Ah, yes. Tiffany, everything that I would reveal and tell you are what we were told and have worked for and with your mother. I am apologizing right now if any of these information i am about to reveal would cause any harm and such but I don't intend to do so. Your mother, she seek for our help and service...behind your father. Whatever it is that we have with your mother, none of those are known to your father and we intend for it to stay that way with you. To protect you and everything your mother left for you."

Sooyoung paused for a moment as she noticed the shocked expressions from the girls sitting in front of her. Sooyoung cleared before she continued.

"Sorry. I think it would be best if we start with the business and the company before we go back with the other things. Ms. Hwang, I mean Tiffany, all of these businesses that is under this company are all yours together with your now business partner. Though, no one knows except me, your mother and your sister that all of these are under your name. Oh. Before I forget, here."

Sooyoung handed the other three a piece of paper. It is an affidavit of same name of which is for Tiffany.

"Uhm. What is this?" Tiffany asked, looking as clueless as ever.

"This, Tiffany, is an affidavit that Hwang Tiffany and Stephanie Young are one and the same person. And that is you. Both names are legal and can be used by you interchangeably. Though, no one really knows that you are 'Stephanie Young'. And that name, the intials SY are both the ones used by your mother when she was dealing with the business and company."

"Stephanie Young...." Tiffany muttered.

"Yes. One thing though. I haven't met your partner even once at all. But, I heard that she is around your age and was constantly called a genius by your mother. At such a young age, she definitely already has a mind of a business magnate. I've heard nothing but great words about her from your mother. I think she totally adores her. How I wish your mother could have let us meet her though but then they have this agreement that only them could meet face to face each time."

Tiffany looked at Yuri and Jessica, questions running through her mind, confusing her even more. "Do... Do you know what her name is at least?"

"Honestly, no. We only go by her initials which she uses on everything with the company. It seems like she is trying to keep herself a secret as mucha s possible as well. Why? I have no idea at all. And, she knows you by SY and Stephanie and not Tiffany."

"What am I supposed to do then? I mean I don't even have that much background in business and such."

"Well, we are instructed strictly, and by we I mean my sister and I, that we are to guide you at all cost. I have been doing and representing you as much as possible whenever your presence is needed within the company. Every shareholders and employees know your name but not your face. I think your mother have explained to them as well or at least given them a reason as to why you aren't available always and physically. At least for now. But now that you have finally contacted me, we can start by helping you knowing everything about the businesses and company, the ins and outs so you can overlook and take over yourself. And, when you are ready we can then set a meeting with your partner. But, only when you are ready." Sooyoung explained, hoping that she is able to help Tiffany understand the situation with her best.

"But, why can't i meet her? I mean what difference would it make too? It'll be the same anyway."

"Because it was one of your mother's last wishes. She said that only meet with your partner only when you are ready to takeover and ready as a person. And, i don't know w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter