Chapter Thirty-Two

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Tiffany slumped on the floor, just by the foot of her bed. Her fingers still tracing her name written on the envelope. Suddenly, memories of her mom flashed through her mind and her tears escaped her eyes. She hugged the envelope close to her as she kept on saying "Mom" over and over. All the pain rushed all over her again and she can't do anything else but cry her heart out.   Still crying, Tiffany slowly opened the envelope and pulled out its contents. Inside were few documents but what caught her attention was another envelope with her name on it. With shaking hands, she opened it. A picture fell from inside it. It was a picture of Tiffany and her mom, where her mom was lovingly kissing her head and Tiffany was flashing her eyesmile, holding her mother's arm. And with that picture is a letter.    My dearest Tiffany,   How are you my precious daughter? I know that when you are reading this, it means that I am no longer by your side-- physically. I am so sorry for leaving you alone so fragile and hurt. You do know that I didn't want to leave you, right? But, I know that you will be fine. You are a fighter. You have a very beautiful heart. I hope that even when I am not around anymore, you will continue to fight and will never give up. I know that all your life you have been hiding the hurt and sadness in you for my sake. How unselfish of you, thinking of me instead of yourself first. My lovely daughter. You deserve a better life than what I was able to give you. I failed as a mother as I wasn't able to protect you from the pain. I wasn't able to give you a family binded by love and happiness. I wasn't able to give you a home you can call your own. I wasn't able to give you a childhood that you would want to remember and cherish. Every single day, whenever I look at your eyes that shows nothing but sadness, I have always wanted to turn back time and undo any mistakes that led to your life to be like this. Such beautiful person who lives a life in misery. Sometimes, I am even too ashamed to look into your eyes, for I know everyday of your life and everytime you show that lovely smile of yours, your eyes say otherwise. Your eyes shows sadness I cannot bear. I am deeply sorry for the kind of life you have lived, my Tiffany. Mom regrets that she didn't have enough courage to make your life any better. But, now that I am gone, if it is not too much of me to ask, do not be afraid to seek for the truth. The truth will be your freedom from the life you have lived in. Even if the truth will hurt even more, please be brave just a little bit more and face the truth that will be laid in front of you. It will hurt you but it will also set you free from the pains of the past and will be the road for your future and a new life. Be brave my little one.   I know one day, someone would come to save you from the pain. Someone will come to protect you from the harsh and cruel world, something I wasn't able to do. Someone who will keep you safe from danger. Someone who will be by your side no matter what. Someone who would love you more than the love I was able to give you. Someone who would give you a home you can call yours. And so, I hope that you will never close that heart of yours and embrace that someone fully.    You are probably confused and surprised about the other things that came with this letter. You will see the numbers that came with all these. Call that person. She will know what to do and she knows what I would want to tell you about the papers that came with this letter. She will help you. I trust her and so you can trust her, too.    I love you dearly, Tiffany. My one and only daughter. I love you. And, I am missing you. I will be watching over you.   Always in your heart and always by your side,   Mom   Tiffany continued to sob as she curled into a ball on the floor, the world around her becoming a blur. She is hurting. She can feel her heart shattering all over again. She doesn't know what to do.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter