Chapter Forty-One

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sir, these are what we were able to gather for now." The guy handed an envelope to the man seated behind the desk.

The man opened the envelope and let the contents fall on his desk. Photos. He examined it closely.

"Who is this?"

"Sir, we are not sure yet. We are still trying to get more information about that person. Somehow, whenever we try to capture that person with her, something else comes up and we have to back off."

The man's expression remained cold but his voice changed from calm to... Angry? 

"Idiots! Obviously they are just girls. How could you not get a decent photo and information about her. I want results! Not excuses!! Understand? Go!"

The guy ran to the door and escaped fromt he wrath of his boss.

"You can't forever hide everything and from me."

———————————————

Tiffany was sitting on the couch with the envelope her mom left her clutched tightly in her hands. She sighed for the nth time as she waited for Yuri and Jessica.

Jessica was the first to emerge from the guest room and approached the dazed Tiffany. Jessica laid a hand on Tiffany's shoulder, startling the latter.

"Oh. I'm sorry Tiff. Did I scare you?"

"No. It's okay. Sorry."

"Are you okay? You seemed... Too deep in your thoughts."

"Uhm, yeah. I'm fine. Don't worry. Just thinking about this I guess." Tiffany answered back as she raised the envelope, showing it to Jessica.

"Do you mind?" Jessica asked as she offered her hand, asking for the envelope to look at its contents.

"No, no. Here. There's nothing much in there I think. Just a bunch of papers."

Jessica took the envelope and opened it. She took everything out and laid it on the coffee table before her and Tiffany. She first had her hand on the letter from Tiffany's mom and looked at the latter's eyes, searching, seeking for approval. Tiffany meekly nodded.

As Jessica reads the letter, Yuri came out of the room and stood behind the couch, watching the two intently until she heard faint sobbing. 

The sound of sobbing came from Tiffany and few minutes later, Jessica put the letter down as she wiped her own tears before hugging the crying Tiffany.

"It's okay Tiff. It's okay. It will all be alright. She loves you so much, Tiff and you just have to always remember that you still have me. And Yuri." Jessica continued comforting Tiffany with her words as she continued to hold her in her arms.

The scene before Yuri broke her heart. It reminded her of how she was with Taeyeon. And it scares her because Taeyeon has been holding everything inside when she knows herself how much Taeyeon is hurting even without saying a word.

Yuri walked over to the two crying girls and engulfed them in her arms. "It's okay. I won't let anything happen to the both of you. The love of my life and the sister I've never had."

Jessica smiled through her tears upon hearing Yuri's words and held tightly onto her girlfriend while holding Tiffany with her other arm.

They stayed like that until Tiffany stopped crying. Yuri and Jessica wiped Tiffany's tearstained cheeks and ruffled her hair. Jessica got up to get a glass of water for Tiffany and a cup of tea for her and Yuri. She left Tiffany in Yuri's arms.

"Tiff..." Yuri mumbled.

Tiffany looked up at Yuri to meet her eyes. 

"Tiff, uhm I have something to ask of you." Yuri said nervously.

"Are you okay, Yuri? You look nervous."

"Yeah, I am. Uhm you see... Promise me you won't tell Jessica about this please." Yuri said in a whisper.

Tiffany's eyes widened. "Why? Why? Did you do something wrong? Are you cheating on her?"

Yuri got more nervous and shook her head furiously. "No! Of course not. Tiff! Not like that..."

"Oopsss. Sorry. Well what is it then? You're making me nervous too.
"Tiff, I am planning to propose to her when we get to London. I am just asking for your permission and letting you know." 

"Really?! Oh my gosh!" Tiffany squealed excitedly and Yuri covered . "Sorry. Sorry." Tiffany whispered after Yuri took her hand off of .

"Everything okay in there, seobang?" Jessica yelled from the kitchen.

"Ye-yeah. We're okay, Sica."

Tiffany hugged Yuri tightly. "Took you so long to ask her that. I am really really happy for you two. Just promise me one thing, Yuri."

"What is it?"

"Promise me that whatever happens, no matter what happens from now and onwards you will never ever leave Jessica's side, that you will always protect her at all times, before everyone else even me. Love her always, okay? Please promise me this."

"Hey. Why are you talking like that? I'll be here not only for her but also for you too. And there's that dorky midget, too. Nothing is ever going to happen to you. Nothing, you hear me?"

"Please Yuri just promise me. Promise me."

"Okay. I promise you. I promise you that I will love, protect and never leave Jessica."

"Thank you. Thank you so much, Yuri. That means a lot to me." Tiffany hugged Yuri tighter and Jessica appeared with a tray from the kitchen.

"What did I miss?" Jessica said as she placed the tray down.

"Nothing. I'm just telling Yuri here that i had so much fun today." Tiffany said, smiling.

"Well, I am so glad you did." Jessica ruffled Tiffany's hair again and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Should we get started with these?" She continued, poiting on the papers on the table.

Yuri took the stack of papers and looked thoroughly on each. "Wow, Tiff. These are a lot. I mean, you basically own the new and rising businesses right now. Like, most of these are the tend."

Tiffany looked at Yuri cluelessly and questioning.

"Seobang. Explain it clearly to Tiff."

"Hmmm...well, Tiff, these papers are showing your ownership over these businesses. It also says that you have a partner. So basically, you own half and your partner half. And, there are more than 15 of these businesses running and going outside Korea. Do you know who could this partner be?"

Tiffany shook her head. "I... I own all of that? Me?"

Yuri nodded. "That's what it says here. These are like reports from when it started and such. Plus some other paperworks."

"But, I don't know anything about running a business." Tiffany said with her head hanging low.

"What do you mean? You are a smart girl, Tiff. And I believe that aunt left all these for you because she knows you can do it. You helped her a lot of times before right? And Yuri and I, we will help you in ways we could."

"Really? You think so?"

"Yes, I think so. I am sure." Jessica gave Tiffany a warm smile.

"Tiff, these are not part of the company huh? I mean non of these are under the company's name at all. So it means your dad may not know about all these." Yuri suddenly said.

"Really? I didn't know. I have no idea at all. I told you I am so ignorant about all these stuff."

"Yeah. It is under another company, i think. Wow. Maybe this could be your way out Tiff. I mean you can learn the ins and outs of these, finish your studies and you can show your father you can stand on your own and he won't be able to hurt you and stomp down on you ever again."

Tiffany flinched at the mention of her father.

"Sorry, Tiff." Yuri mentally facepalmed herself.

"It's okay. Well, uhm...how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter