Chapter Sixty

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Couple days more has passed after that incident that quite shook Taeyeon off and Tiffany can clearly see that it is still bothering her. And what makes it even sadder for Tiffany is that she couldn’t do anything.

 

The only thing Tiffany believes that could help lighten the burden on Taeyeon’s shoulders was to step up with her own game as well. She managed to sneak a call to Sooyoung, asking to make sure to get that much needed and long overdue meeting with her mysterious business partner. She also asked if everything is okay just like how she left it and thankfully everything is just going the way she has imagined it to be.

 

Sooyoung reassured Tiffany that it wouldn’t be a problem and that she would get a hold of her partner’s representatives to get this meeting to happen as soon as she gets back. Sooyoung even reminded her that once everything is settled with the business partner, she would then give that one last thing she was still holding on for Tiffany – the latter’s mother’s last letter to her daughter.

 

Tiffany felt her world turning upon the mention of her mother, but gathered up enough strength and courage to be a better supporter to Taeyeon. She knows that Taeyeon needs her now more than ever as they would soon be entering the battlefield that they have been long avoiding and running away from.

 

If things go well as planned with this business partner, she knows that she then would be able to do more to help Taeyeon out. She was even thinking of having Taeyeon to join her in this new company of hers left to her by her mother. After all, she has just that much confidence and faith and trust over Taeyeon’s intelligence and skills when it comes to business.

 

Tiffany was just sitting alone in their rented villa waiting for Taeyeon who went out to get lunch. Tomorrow would be the last day of their trip. She is dreading that day that they would again set foot in their home country.

 

She could feel her palms sweating and shaking as she thinks of all the possibilities of what might happen once they arrive. The words Taeyeon have shared with her about what Sunny had told her are still echoing inside her head.

 

Media. Paparazzi. Cameras. Public. Scandals.

 

To say that she is scared might be an understatement. She wanted to be always next to Taeyeon but with all the possibilities of getting exposed due to Taeyeon’s sudden status change with the public and the media scares her inside out. That would just mean that her brother and father would be another step closer to finding out where exactly she is at and what she has been up to.

 

And the thoughts of getting Taeyeon harmed because of her make her stomach turn upside down.

 

“Taeyeon.” She mumbled quietly.

 

The most important and her top priority is to make sure Taeyeon is safe; safe from her own father and brother and safe from Taeyeon’s father and everyone else.

 

--------------

 

Tiffany just sat there, staring blankly out to the sea when she heard a door opening then closing. She turned around to see Taeyeon balancing a few bags in her hands as she tries to remove her shoes.

 

Tiffany chuckled at the cute sight. She stood up and hurriedly went to help Taeyeon out. She greeted the latter with a quick kiss on the cheek making Taeyeon grin widely.

 

“Sorry it took me a while. The lines were so long.” Taeyeon shook her head and sighed.

 

Tiffany smiled and then pats Taeyeon’s cheek with her free hand. “It’s okay.”

 

Then the brief silence that followed was interrupted by a low grumbling sound of Taeyeon’s stomach. Taeyeon groaned and blushed a bit due to embarrassment while Tiffany laughed and pulled Taeyeon’s free hand.

 

“Let’s go eat. Someone’s really hungry.”

 

“Stop teasing.” Taeyeon sulked.

 

“I’m not teasing.  Come on. Stop being a baby.” Tiffany leaned on the kitchen counter and watched as Taeyeon quietly took out the food from the bags. “Wanna eat here or out in the patio?”

 

“I think I wanna have our lunch here, inside. Peace and quiet. Just you and me.” Taeyeon replied absentmindedly as she busied herself and started taking out the food from the bags.

 

Tiffany watched for a bit more before she approached the busy Taeyeon and held those busy hands from behind. “Sit. Let me do it.” She made Taeyeon sit down before the latter could even finish protesting then took over the task of preparing and setting up the table.

 

Taeyeon leaned back and watched as Tiffany gracefully moves around the kitchen and the dining area. She didn’t realize that a wide smile has been painted on her face as she watched the love of her life doing things she can do on her own but prefers to do it for her.

 

She followed Tiffany with her eyes, trying not to even blink because she doesn’t wanna miss one second seeing that beautiful angel that she can claim and call as hers.

 

When Tiffany was finished placing all the food Taeyeon bought, she started placing their dinnerware and silverware too. She was placing the ones for Taeyeon when she felt arms wrapped around her waist, startling her.

 

“Ya-yah. Don’t do that.”

 

Taeyeon just chuckled and buried her face on Tiffany’s side. She took a deep breath and sighed contentedly.

 

Tiffany noticed the sudden mellowness and gentleness on those earlier playful eyes. She set down everything that she was holding and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon. “You okay?”

 

Taeyeon nodded but never moved.

 

Tiffany leaned down a bit and let her lips linger for a while on top of Taeyeon’s head before resting her cheek on it. She slightly squeezed Taeyeon, hoping that she could relay to her that everything will be alright, that she will be there every step of the way with her.

 

They stayed like that for a while before Tiffany ran her hands on Taeyeon’s arms, resting her chin this time on top of the latter’s head. She squeezed lightly Taeyeon’s arms quite a few times and placed random kisses on her head before pulling back a bit and tilted Taeyeon’s face by her chin. She smiled widely as she sees the innocence behind the strong front Taeyeon always put on. To Tiffany, Taeyeon is still like a child stuck in that small, wonderful body and a genius mind who is seeking for something in life like she is.

 

Tiffany leaned down and placed a light kiss on Taeyeon’s lips. “I love you. We’ll be okay.”

 

“Don’t leave me please.” Taeyeon pleaded with eyes glistening.

 

Tiffany’s heart broke. She felt helpless. “Where would I go? I’ve got no one else but you. And I have no plans of going somewhere so you’ll have to put it up with me ‘cause you are stuck with me. Forever.” Tiffany tapped Taeyeon’s nose with her finger.

 

Taeyeon scrunched her nose and mumbled a thank you as she hugged Tiffany again before letting the latter go so they could finally eat.

 

For the rest of the day, Taeyeon has been extra clingy. She’s been hanging on to Tiffany everywhere the latter goes. And she has been acting pretty childish too. She would whine if Tiffany would stand up and go somewhere like to the bathroom or getting a drink. She would sulk and whine again if Tiffany moves from her position thus she has to move as well. She held onto Tiffany’s hands and never let go. She snuggled to Tiffany and was clinging on like a big koala.

 

Tiffany never said anything instead she just let Taeyeon on and be that way with her. She knows soon enough reality would hit both of them as soon as they step foot at the airport. She tried her best not to show Taeyeon how nervous and scared she is as well. She kept thinking about the company and the partner she was about to meet and face and how that would even really help her with their current situation.

 

Taeyeon fell asleep with her head resting on Tiffany’s chest, arms securely hugging Tiffany. Tiffany can hear the light snoring and can only giggle at the sight of an exhausted kid-like Taeyeon.

 

“What am I going to do without you?” Tiffany muttered as she closed her eyes.

 

---------------

 

Yuri sat at the foot of their bed and sighed loudly as she looked at her phone. She dialed the number again and kept muttering random stuff to herself. She shook her head when her call went straight to voicemail yet again.

 

“Why is that midget not answering my calls?” She said loudly this time. She turned her head when she heard a giggle to her left.

 

Yuri furrowed her brows and looked at Jessica questioningly. Jessica just shook her head as she got herself busy with her phone too.

 

After a few more tries, Yuri gave up. “Ugh. That midget will get it from me.”

 

“No luck still?” asked Jessica.

 

Yuri shook her head and sighed for the nth time. “You?”

 

Jessica also shook her head. “She’s not answering her phone. The last message I got from her was a few days ago saying she’s busy with some group project or whatever.”

 

“At least she has the decency to message you anything. But, this…this midget. Nada. Zero. Zilch. To think that I even asked her to watch Tiffany for us.”

 

Jessica stood up and sat next to Yuri. “Seobang, don’t talk like that. Taeyeon has been doing a great job

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter