The End Ver 2 Part 2

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are they still not picking up their phones?”

Leeteuk asked in a whisper to Eunhyuk who shook his head, staring blankly into the phone. 12 hours had passed and the members had decided to wait for Ryeowook’s parents to call back and make the decision since they were in fact, Ryeowook’s parents. Their decision was the most important and the members couldn’t just make a decision for themselves.

“Hyung, we’re wasting time.” Eunhyuk shook his head. “We’re wasting so much time when we can be saving Ryeowook by now.”

“Hyukjae, his parents should be the one making the decision. Not us.” Leeteuk answered in his very firm leader voice.

“But hyung, I’m sure his parents would want t-“

Leeteuk sighed and brought his hand up. “I don’t want to hear any of this. Go and get some snacks for the members. They’ve been stoning for hours and I’m worried any of you might just end up collapsing and right now, it’s already enough having two members admitted here.”

Eunhyuk sighed in defeat and nodded, slumping as he waked away to the cafeteria alone. Leeteuk rested his head against the wall as he ran a hand through his hair. Why were Ryeowook’s parents not answering? This was something so important and he’d be damned if he had to make the decision. Yes, Ryeowook was like his own son but still…. Leeteuk didn’t want to make the decision. No. He didn’t want Ryeowook to suffer but he didn’t want his eternal magnae to go too. It was just so damn hard. A moment later, Kangin came by handing out his hand to Leeteuk.

“Come on,” Kangin urged quietly. “I spoke to the nurse and she said that we can see Wookie.”

Leeteuk shot up from the seat so fast that his eyes saw stars and he started falling back, suddenly dizzy. Kangin grabbed his arms and yanked him softly towards him and held his waist, supporting their tired leader. Leeteuk muttered a thanks and both of them headed down to Ryeowook’s room. Only two people were allowed at a time and the members agreed that Leeteuk and Kangin should be the first to go in.

“Remember to breathe, okay?” Kangin whispered, still holding onto Leeteuk. “It’ll be okay.”

Leeteuk only managed to give a shaky nod before Kangin led the way into the beeping room. The room was filled with machines buzzing and beeping everything, tubes and IV stands everywhere, everything connected to Ryeowook’s petite unconscious body on the bed. Leeteuk grabbed Kangin’s shirt and Kangin pulled him into his chest and their leader broke down and started sobbing.

“What did that monster to him?” Leeteuk sobbed.

“Shhh shhh.” Kangin could only managed.

Ryeowook was far from okay. Was far from being okay in the future. He had wounds and cuts all over his cheeks, his lips, arms, legs and god knows how many more there are under that hospital shirt. A long cut that looked like it had been stitched from his neck down his collarbones and it disappeared under his shirt. Tubes were just everywhere. His left hands and right leg was all bandaged up and his skin was so pale fom the loss of blood. Ryeowook was breathing through an oxygen mask and his chest rose up and down almost too slowly. Leeteuk couldn’t look at him. Leeteuk just couldn’t… He must be in so much pain right now. Leeteuk turned into a sobbing mess as he clutched on Kangin, his only pillar and strength right now.

“He’s in pain.” Leeteuk whispered. “He’s in so much pain.”

Kangin didn’t dare say a word. He knew Leeteuk was right. He was just damn right. He gulped and continued rubbing Leeteuk’s back numblessly, staring at his precious magnae so fragile and quiet on the bed. Ryeowook had to wake up. Ryeowook just had to. What would he do without those warm smiles and innocent laughter? He’d missed him too much just when he had gone to the army and now life was treating him unfairly again. Kangin took a deep breath and looked down to the older man whose face had turned red from the crying.

“We can’t do this to him, Youngwoon.” Leeteuk shook his head and wiped away his tears. “We can’t do this to him anymore.”

“Do… Do you really mean it?” Kangin asked, nervously.

“He has to go.” Leeteuk finally dared a glance at Ryeowook, his eyes tearing up again. “I can’t let him continue to live on in that in pain.”

Kangin wanted to argue but his eyes stayed on Ryeowook’s pale face. Yes.... He couldn’t do it. As selfish as he was, he loved his eternal magnae and it really was time. Kangin couldn’t bear having to see the eternal magnae waking up and then suffering so much, physically and emotionally. It’d take Ryeowook months to heal, maybe even years. Ryeowook would be under so much stress and then… And then what was the use of putting in so much pain and suffer again? Kangin could only nod to Leeteuk and both of them made their way closer to the magnae. Leeteuk held on Ryeowook’s cold hands that wasn’t bandaged and intertwined his fingers with Ryeowook’s lifeless one.

“Wookie..” Leeteuk croaked, sobbing uncontrollably now. “I’m sorry. For you to be here just proves how I’ve not done my job right. I’m sorry that I don’t have the strength to fight for you anymore. I want you to be happy and end the pain. I want you to smile and I want to stop your tears from ever falling again. And I’m doing just that, baby. I’m letting you go because I love you. You’ll be happy wherever you go, I know you will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter