Epilogue

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taura didn’t have to open her eyes to know where she was. Her body was at peace and her heart even more so, knowing that her loved ones were somewhere near waiting for her. She sat up, letting her eyes flutter at the bright light when a familiar sight presented itself before her.

It was, of course, the Water Kingdom but there was an absence of the white clouds that masked the city in a thick haze. The tiled rooftops and intricate patterns that sprawled across the white walls of each building could finally be seen and she could even make out the tops of the Water God’s palace off in the distance.

“You again?” The mermaid caught sight of Habaek’s red robes before she stood up to dust off her white dress. He stood there with his arms crossed while his black hair rustled with the ocean’s breeze. Taura lifted her chin and fixed her dress, “Not the greeting I was expecting.”

The god chuckled, rolling his eyes when Taura approached him, “I’m sorry my words displease you.”

She eyed the man before her, taking in the new aura that radiated around him. His scowl was replaced by a comforting, almost charming, smile. His stood more relaxed while his eyes seemed less clouded much like his kingdom. “There is something different about you.”

Habaek ignored her remark and began walking off in the direction he came from. He waved a hand for Taura to follow which she did with a slight stumble. She caught her footing and jogged to catch up with the Water God when he peered down at her with a knowing grin, “Some people have been waiting for you.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sehun watched his two children run away from him and into the arms of their awaiting uncles. With them was Kai, Kyung Jin, Doria and Seungyeon. They all waited for Sehun and the kids to arrive, immediately lighting up at the sight of the twins.

The siren stared down at the three bouquets in his hands and pressed one to his nose, inhaling the sweet scent of freshly picked lilies. He hoped the

“Daddy come on!” Chansung wiggled out of Talya’s arms and ran back to his father, only to tug on Sehun’s hand so he would move faster.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” He laughed, watching his son stumble over his own two feet. Sehun finally picked him up and let the boy rest against his shoulder. The siren basked in the boy’s warmth and loved the smell of soap and powder that came from the boy’s smooth skin.

“They’re waiting.” Seungyeon carried SeKyung towards the cemetery gates, handing the young girl a small bundle of baby’s breath to give to her two uncles and mother.

The large group made their way through the gates. Sehun keeping a close eye on his two children as they scurried ahead with Baekhyun, Suho and Chen.

“Relax, your children are in good hands.” Kyung Jin chuckled, feeling the siren’s body immediately relax under his hands. Sehun jumped at the old man’s touch but smiled when Kyung Jin stood beside him.

“I just feel better when I have them by my side.” The siren watched Suho pick up his daughter, both of them laughing as they disappeared over the small hill.

“You won’t always be there to watch over them.” Kyung Jin murmured giving the siren’s back on last pat, “It’s a good thing you have all of us here with you.”

The older gentleman gave Sehun a smile that only a man like Kyung Jin could. It was warm and comforting and put the man’s heart a little more at ease when he saw Chen and Baekhyun help Chansung clean up their friends’ graves.

“We’ll meet up with you guys in a li

Please log in to read the full chapter