30

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            The rest of the crew waited around anxiously for Sehun’s return. Kris continuously looked to either side of his ship hoping to see the flick of a green tail somewhere in the water. A storm was coming. They all could feel it in the change of the water. The waves lapped up against the ship swaying it from side to side as gray clouds covered the sky to the north. The fog began to lift but visibility was still slim.

            “He’s an idiot for going out there.” Tao shook his head as he passed the crate down to Xiu Min. They were putting all the loose items on the top deck down below to secure them in case of the storm.

            “He knows what he’s doing, I’m sure. He’s the prince after all.” The older remarked sarcastically earning a chuckle from Kai who took the crate from him.

            “Siren prince, siren,” he looked up at Tao with a smile, “He’ll survive.”

            Kai placed the crate with the others below deck, wiping the sweat from his brow. It felt good to work with his hands without people offering to do it for him because he was the prince. It made him feel a part of something when he helped around the ship. Kai stripped himself of the fancy clothes and wore a simple shirt and trousers he borrowed from Tao. He rolled up his sleeves, ready to take the next box when he, along with Xiu Min and Tao, heard frantic yelling from above. Feet running from one end of the ship to the other could be hear above. They ran up to see what the commotion was when Kris immediately ordered Xiu Min to go with Luhan down on one of the spare boats while Tao was instructed to help Lay bring out the medical supplies they had on board.

            “What’s going on?” Kai rushed to the side where Xiu Min and Luhan were being lowered to the water. He gasped seeing as Sehun fought the waves with a limp body of a girl dressed in elaborate wedding garb in his arms. Her outfit practically swallowing both of them, Kai figured Sehun must be struggling to keep them both afloat. As the boat touched the water, Sehun swam towards it carefully placing the girl into it with the help of the two men on board.

            “Get in.” Luhan ordered Sehun but he shook his head.

            “It’s too heavy for all four of us. Just take her up.” Sehun’s body moved up and down with the waves as Luhan held back his words. Slowly the small dingy was raised with some of the girl’s dress spilling over the side.

             Kai went to help with the rest of the crew seeing that due to the girl’s wedding attire she required a few extra hands to get on the ship. Kai, Kris, Baekhyun, and Lay carried her to a laid out mat and placed her on it. Lay quickly began cutting away at the red and gold robes. Tao brushed her hair from her face revealing a rather pretty face covered in a few cuts. He began to tend to the scars as Lay laid an ear to her chest. There seemed to be some irregularity to her breathing so Lay instructed the help of Kai and Kris to make room in the captain’s quarters to properly take care of the girl. They nodded wordlessly and did as they were told.

            “Where’s Sehun?” Chen looked around the ship to see he wasn’t on board. He walked over to the side to see Sehun wading in the water looking up at him.

            “Is she okay?” Sehun yelled.

            “Lay’s taking care of her! Come back up!”

            Sehun shook his head, “I have to warn my mom and tel

Please log in to read the full chapter