13

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

             Sehun and Taura swam to an island thirty miles from their original position. It was small but had a large mountain taking up most of the island’s land mass. Trees surrounded the mountain while white sands wrapped around the whole perimeter.

            “There is a cavern at the bottom of that mountain. It’s not far.” Sehun said over his shoulder to the mermaid who lagged behind him. She was quiet for the whole journey, conserving her energy for the strenuous swim. Nodding, Taura tried to catch up with Sehun as he swam around the island to a small opening. They swam through a winding river surrounded by the wall of trees on either side, leaving the star dotted sky the only thing they could really see.

            The river emptied out into a large lagoon with rocks creating a protective barrier around its borders. The color of the water was a light blue and it felt much warmer on Taura’s skin. It felt soft even, if water could be described like that. Sehun pointed in front of him at the large opening within the rock wall, “That’s it, I stayed here for a few weeks with some other Sirens during my tour around to the different groups.  They took care of me and I’m sure they won’t mind if we stay the night. Are you going to be okay?”

            Taura did want to rest and it was just for one night. If she could handle Talya and Sehun she was sure she could be around other Sirens without too much trouble. “Yeah, I’ll be okay.”

            “Okay let’s go, then.”

            Inside the cave, the dome like ceiling was high above the surface of the water creating a deep echo that resonated throughout the cavern. The water grew shallow the farther one swam until it reached a sandy area. Scattered around the water were rock formations that popped out of the surface creating seating places for the seven female sirens.

            One sat perched on the highest rock, coming through her long hair while another sat at the foot of the formation staring down at her reflection with a pleased grin. Three swam around out of boredom while the remaining two sat near the entrance talking.

            “I miss him.” Naeun sighed letting her fingers run through her hair while EunJi rolled her eyes, “You just saw him yesterday, stop acting like a lovesick puppy.”

            Naeun scoffed flicking her black hair over her shoulder before diving into the water away from EunJi. The latter shook her head, leaning back on the rocks. She stared down at the water at her tail, flicking it to and for creating small ripples when EunJi noticed movement. Catching sight of the blonde hair followed by a long streak of black the siren yelled, “We’ve got visitors! Chorong! Your boyfriend is back!”

            The brown haired siren looked up at the sound of her name, “What?”

            EunJi sighed, “Sehun’s back.” She dove into the water where Namjoo, Yookyung, and Hayoung were when she saw Sehun and, judging from her purple tail, a mermaid. She joined her three sisters just as Naeun, Chorong, a

Please log in to read the full chapter