1

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

             The palace ballroom sparkled as the lights in the chandeliers bounced off the reflective jewels dangling from them. The walls were upholstered in gold and white tapestry that gave off the royal feel while the table decors matched that of the fine drapery. Chairs were tied with gold ribbons while the table cloths themselves were pure white. The middle of the room was left open where couples danced and royals mingled with the other visiting elite. Festive music from the live band played in the background setting up the happy atmosphere.

            It was a celebration hosted by the King of Sera in light of the coming holidays but also marked the first public appearance of his son’s fiancée to the other royal families and friends from the neighboring kingdoms. The King was delighted by it all, while Kai merely saw it as a chance for his father to gain bragging rights with the others. Kai would be the first in their nation’s history to marry someone of a different species.

            “That’s quite a catch you got there, your majesty.” A young royal remarked with a snort as he eyed the young woman across the room who spoke with some of the other guests. Kai nodded his head with a small chuckle as, he too, eyed Taura carefully.

            It had been almost six months since the announcement of Kai's engagement with Taura and since then word of the groundbreaking marriage spread throughout the kingdom like wildfire. Reactions were mixed but when people approached Kai about the arrangment they had nothing but good things to say for the couple. Kai knew otherwise but was above the idea of pointing people out for their blatant lies. 

            In the six months of their engagement, Kai and Taura had formed a bond extending beyond their different species as well as their arranged marriage. They had grown a close friendship from their mutual situations and leaned on each other for support. 

            The mermaid wore a strapless floor length dress that had crystals sewn into the bodice while the rest was made out of chiffon. Her long black hair was pulled up into a slick ponytail highlighting her neck and collarbones. Kai thought she looked beautifull.

            The boy beside Kai continued to talk but the latter was preoccupied by the constant quick glances Taura shot across the room in his direction. He smiled at her, raising a brow to tease the girl when she discreetly stomped her foot and called him over to save her from the babbling women in front of her. 

            “If you’d excuse me, my fiancée is calling me.” Kai spoke with a slight smirk on his face as he left the boy without another word.

             The prince nodded and acknowledged those he passed that said hello when he finally made it to Taura’s side.He looked to the young women in front of her and noted that they were quite loud and obnoxious in their speech. Kai slipped a careful arm around Taura’s waist and tugged her to his side, “If you’d excu

Please log in to read the full chapter