33

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            The girl rested on the bed left of the doorway. Most of her wedding garbs laid in shreds on the floor and table beside her leaving the young woman in nothing but her white undergarments. Sehun placed his bag of medicine on the table, cringing as the bottle clinked together. He glanced over at the girl to make sure the noise he made did not wake her.

            Beside the bag, Sehun picked up a few scraps of the wedding dress. The silk fabric had intricate gold designs of flowers and other patterns on it and just from the small piece in his hand, he could tell how heavy it must have felt in the water. Setting it down, Sehun approached the girl carefully to check on her.

            He felt obligated to. He saved her after all.

            Wiping the few strands of hair that clung to her moist forehead, Sehun noticed she too had long hair similar to Taura’s but their complexions differed with the girl in front of him being tanner than Taura. Sehun noticed the bruises on her face and on her wrists and ankles. He sighed as he went to his bag to get some of the potions he asked his mother to make for him. Searching through the bag, Talya’s words echoed in his mind about Taura.

            “If Taura needs them, give them to her. She’s going to need it, the medicine in the blue and red bottles are hers. The yellow ones are for that girl you saved.”

            “Medicine? What medicine does Taura need to be taking?” Sehun joked while he helped his mother pack his bag. Talya’s hands stopped for a second but she continued while shaking her head with a nervous smile.

            “It’s just her potion for her transformation. That’s all I meant.” Talya’s hands shook as she placed the blue and red viles in the bag. Sehun noticed his mother trembling and touched her hand.

            “Why are you trembling then?”

            His mother’s word choice of medication bothered him more than it probably should have but Sehun couldn’t help but wonder, worry even. The pain in Taura’s legs wasn’t a secret to anyone after her incident at Kyung Jin’s house and this wasn’t the first time Talya asked for Sehun to deliver some sort of concoction to the mermaid.

            Sehun didn’t want to say anything to Taura, knowing she already had a lot to worry about without him hounding her about personal issues. He already added to her heavy burden by confessing to her and for that reason and that reason only, Sehun felt sorry for ever revealing his true feeling for her.

            Taking out the yellow bottles, Sehun began to dissect every moment Taura and him were together. At some points, Sehun could see the shift in her behavior. She distanced herself whenever he said something to her to hint at his feelings for her and that seemed understandable.  She grew silent a lot too but those times seemed to happen more often than none. Again, he could only assume that her silence was the effect of what she’s been through and for that he could never be angry at her.

            Returning to the girl, Sehun sat on the edge of the bed and gently placed his hand on her shoulder. Shaking the young woman gently, Sehun backed away to give her some space as she began to stir. Groaning, her eyes opened with some difficulty but upon seeing Sehun they shot open, “Where am I?”

            “On board Prince Kai’s ship, with his crew, his fiancée and myself.” Sehun opened up the bottle and motioned for the girl to sit up, which she did while eying the siren suspiciously.

            “And who are you?”

            Sehun placed the bottle down on the table beside her. With a sigh, Sehun gave the girl a smirk and bowed his head, “Prince Oh Sehun at your service.”

            “Oh Sehun? I’ve n

Please log in to read the full chapter