18

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Kai, Taura, and Sehun sat in one carriage with one of the King’s consultants who spoke animatedly about the city and the excitement of the people for seeing the three royals together. The consultant, Mijin, was a young woman with an olive complexion and a very contagious smile. Beside her, Sehun leaned his head against the back of the chair trying to tune out the high pitched voice. Taura sat across from him with Kai’s arm wrapped around her shoulders. She could feel his fingers slightly craze her arm as he spoke with Mijin about what the trio would be doing in their short visit.

            “Well tonight, the King has planned an exquisite banquet and party for you and your friends. Tomorrow, I plan to take you around the city to meet the people and then the King wishes for you to speak with the rest of our council to know future plans and things of that nature.” Mijin went down her mental checklist earning an approving nod from the prince.

            “The King is happy to see you doing well, your highness,” Mijin added glancing over to Taura who smiled back at the girl, “He’s also very honored to meet your highnesses as well.”

            Sehun sat up feeling Taura knock her knee against his. He smiled lazily at Mijin before shooting Taura an annoyed look.

            “The King’s daughters are most happy to see you again.” Mijin chuckled staring straight at Kai. A look of recognition shot across his face and he blushed madly earning a curious glance from the man opposite of him.

            “Why is that?” Sehun leaned forward, wide awake now. If Mijin had any information that Sehun could use against the prince, he wanted it. Anything to make him look bad, even in the slightest, in front of Taura was precious to the siren. Taura was also curious just because Kai never mentioned anything about Mira having sisters.

            “Oh, Kai was very popular with the King’s three daughters.”

            “Really? You never told me this, Kai.” Taura teased.

            Before Kai could say anything, the carriage to a stop and the doors opened. Two guards came to the door and held a hand out for the two ladies. “Your highness.”

            Taura smiled at the young male guard and placed her hand in his, stepping out of the carriage into a large courtyard. “Wow.” The word left her lips before it processed in her mind. In front of her was the large castle. Its white bricked walls lined with green vines growing between its cracks. In the middle of the courtyard was a large fountain with a statue of the King placed in the center surrounded by pink and white flowers. Guards were everywhere surveying the land just on the other side of the large wall that separated the courtyard from the land outside.

            Sehun stepped out of the carriage and took his place beside Taura with his hands buried deep in his pockets, “Let’s get this over with.”

            “Can you sound a little more positive?” Taura looked up at the blonde haired boy who sighed before putting on a forced smile.

            “I wish for this journey through hell to end quickly.” Sehun dropped the smile and looked down at Taura, “Better?”

            Mijin broke their conversation as she beckoned them to follow her. Kai stood just behind her while Sehun and Taura lagged behind. Taura took in every small detail of her new surroundings while Sehun only wanted to return to the ship and move on to the next city. He was already expecting the ridicule and false praise. Being a sailor, he knew the true thoughts of people. To them, sirens and mermaids were monsters who had no right to mingle with the humans and put their lives in danger.

            The four entered the castle, immediately graced with high walls and arched white pillars on either wall were blue and green stained glass windows that created shadows on the white tile that mirrored waves. Taura caught up with Kai and linked arms with him, leaving Sehun to watch the couple from behind, “I’m nervous.”

            “I am too.” Kai whispered letting the tips of his lips grace the shell of Taura’s ear. She shivered at the intimacy but played it off with a giggle. Sehun’s face scrunched up in distaste it was like watching a bad romance film. He crossed his arms and avoided the couple in front of him by looking to the walls on either side of him lined with paintings of past kings.

            Taura

Please log in to read the full chapter