2

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

             Kai walked around the ballroom in search of his father. He wanted to excuse Taura and himself for the night seeing how it was starting to become harder for Taura to walk around. His eyes searching the crowded venue, the prince finally found his father standing with some other men, they seemed to be in a deep discussion when Kai’s father saw him and beckoned him over.

            “Here is the man of the hour,” The King slung an arm around his son, giving him a slight shake.

            “You’re one amazing young man, your majesty.” One of the King’s friends commented with a slight push to Kai’s shoulder.

            “Not many would go to that low in search of a woman,” another snorted, earning nods in agreement from the other guests. Their laughs resonated within the prince and he looked at them like with disgust. The looks on their faces as the gazed at Taura on the other side of the room was as if they were looking at an animal.

            The prince shuffled awkwardly in his father’s embrace. The older man squeezed his son’s shoulder while Kai looked behind him to see Taura still sitting in her seat rubbing her sore ankles. He sighed and looked beside him to his father who excused the two of them from their guests and guided him towards the dance floor. His father could tell by the stiffness in Kai's posture that his friend's remarks had gotten to him. 

            “He didn’t mean it that way, Kai. Taura is a great catch.” The King joked slightly nudging at Kai’s side but he was brushed off immediately.

            “Father.” Kai shot his man a stern look, earning a sigh.

            “I didn’t mean it like that. Taura will be a wonderful asset to our name and you seem be to taking a liking to her…almost like Mira—“

            Kai broke away from his father at the sound of her name, That’s all they ever were to you. He turned from him and strode over to Taura, letting the anger leave him with each step closer to the girl. Smiling, Kai placed a hand on her shoulder, “I think it’s time to turn in. What do you say?”

            Taura looked up with flushed cheeks, having been bent down most of the time ru

Please log in to read the full chapter