057 (1/2)

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura lay sprawled on the floor of the small boat. Her face kissed by the sun’s warm rays, she enjoyed the small tingle it left on either cheek, making her skin moist with perspiration. Beside her, Sehun sat staring off at the vast ocean, occasionally dipping his hand into the cool water splashing Taura when he brought his hand back out. The two laughed, Taura curling into Sehun’s side as he let his fingers drip water onto her face before stray strands of her hair.

            The mermaid would pause at his touch and watch his eyes follow the careful movement of his fingers. His touch was so light and airy on her skin, she wondered why it felt like a fire blazed underneath her skin, “You look beautiful.”

            He whispered for the third time, as he took back his hand and smiled, letting his teeth show behind his pink lips.

            “You said that already.” Taura whispered back, catching a whiff of Sehun’s own scent,that smelled like salt water and soap, when he reached over her to pull the blanket over her legs.

            “Did I?” His lips curled playfully at the ends.

            Taura sat up from her position, staring at the siren as he tied a knot in a rope he grabbed beside him before untying it and doing the knot all over again. They met glances for a moment, Taura catching light of a look that was so familiar yet so new to her that she couldn’t look away. Sehun’s eyes glowed, smiled back at her though his lips remained a thin line. A tender gaze so soft and genuine, she could feel the empty holes in her heart slowly stitch themselves back together.

            “Why are we out here, Sehun?” She snatched the rope from him and hid it behind her back, grinning at the young man who couldn’t help but smirk back.

            “You’ll see in time, but give me that rope back. That was my only form of entertainment.” Sehun reached around her but instead of reaching for the rope, his hands latched onto Taura’s waist. He hoisted her up into his lap and chuckled when her arms came around his neck, “You’re going to rock the boat and dump us both in the ocean.”

            Sehun laughed, airily and carefree. His forehead fell on Taura’s shoulder as he nuzzled against her and held her closer, “I’d keep you afloat, don’t worry.”

            He surprised Taura when his lips grazed her collarbone. She stared down at him and brushed his hair from his face, “You’re so different from when I first me

Please log in to read the full chapter