058

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun swam beside Taura’s boat as they went back to shore. “I envy you.” Taura sighed, the hype of seeing her people freely move around in the water while she couldn’t even walk made her feel weak and inadequate. Sehun saw the sad gleam in the girl’s eyes, not knowing what he could do to make her feel better. The mermaid kept her eyes on Sehun’s emerald tail, watching each scale reflect light and flicker over the surface of the water.

What she wouldn’t give to see her violet scales again, to feel the strength of her tail take her anywhere her heat desired. She missed being a mermaid.  

“There is nothing stopping you from coming in.” The siren floated on his back with his hand extended out, “I’ll hold you.”

“I can’t swim,” Taura looked down at her frail legs, “not with these things.”

“When we get closer to the docks,” Sehun offered with a smile that made his eyes turn into cresents, making it harder for Taura to say anything.  

The others would all gather at Kyung Jin’s house for another celebration and with the sun setting, Sehun knew the party was soon to begin.

“You know, I was always scared of the water,” Sehun came up behind the boat and began to push it towards the dock, “It was when I saw you fall in that first time with Mira, did I face that fear.”

“Why?” Taura looked over her shoulder at the young man who smiled up at her, shaking his head.

“Reasons.”

Taura scoffed, throwing her long hair over her shoulder before looking up at the cloudy sky. The thick clouds seemed to be making their way to the city. “Sehun, do you see that?” She pointed up at the sky where she could even make out the signs of lightning dancing in the clouds.

“Yeah.”

“Do you think it will rain?”

“Maybe,” Sehun stopped the boat at the dock and came up to the side where Taura sat, “Alright come on.” The siren held out his arms as he backed away from the boat.

“What are you doing?” Taura raised a brow, but she couldn’t hide the smile playing on her lips.

“We’re just going to let you have a quick dip and then we’ll go home.”

“We?” Taura pointed at herself then to the siren, who nodded and clapped his hands.

“Come on or else I’ll flip the boat!” Sehun called out to Taura, a smirk firmly planted on his face. Taura could tell he wasn’t bluffing. She stared over the side at the blue water. Her body yearned for it, but the consequences of getting back in scared. She shook her head and shut her eyes, “I don’t want to anymore.”

Sehun dove down. He swam towards the boat and put his hands on the side, I’m sorry Taura. With one good push, he rocked the boat enough that it tipped over. He laughed when he heard the mermaid scream but came under to the other side where he found Taura. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, keeping her close.

Taura had shut her eyes but when she felt Sehun’s comforting warm arms around her, she felt more at ease. The mermaid opened her eyes to the undersea world and found Sehun staring back at her. His hair floated around his fair face making him look ethereal. He smiled at the girl, enjoying her wide-eyed expression.

After a minute, the two surfaced, catching their breaths. “How do you feel?” Sehun stared down at Taura as she breathed deeply. When her eyes landed on Sehun, they immediately narrowed as her lip curled up, “Oh Sehun! You jerk!” She hit the man’s shoulder repeatedly, knowing that she still had her strength.

“Ow, okay! I get it, I’m sorry.” Sehun swam over to the boat to turn it around, “But how else was I supposed to get you in the water?”

Taura got back into the boat when Sehun followed. She crossed her arms over her chest, keeping her back to Sehun, “I hate you.”

“You already told me you loved me sweetheart.” Sehun dried himself off and grabbed his pants, knowing he’d transform back into his human form anytime soon, “Don’t turn around yet.”

Taura couldn’t help but peek over her shoulder only to see Sehun’s back to her and a glimpse of his long legs. She huffed, but felt her cheeks heat up knowing there was a man behind her. Sehun slipped on his pants and shirt when he turned around to see Taura staring down at her own body. It was quiet between them for a moment when he asked, “Can you change back?”

Taura touched her legs, enduring the pain, “Talya said my body

Please log in to read the full chapter