24

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

             At the main port, Kris and the others readied their ship for their departure. Loading the supplies the King kindly gave as a parting gift that included clothing, weaponry, and some portion of the food they’d been saving. Though Kris had kindly refused the King and asked that the food be given to those in the city who needed it, the King was adamant about them taking it saying it was the least they could do to make up for the way Kai, Taura, and Sehun had been treated in the city.

            The weather was cool with a gray mist falling upon the surface of the water making it hard to see within a ten mile radius which worried Kris. If the fog did not lift, he’d have to think about postponing the trip not wanting to risk the lives of his friends and the princes and princess. The last thing he wanted was for all of them to be lost at sea.

            “Warn Kai that if this fog doesn’t lift we’ll probably have to postpone our departure.” Kris ordered Baekhyun who nodded as he set down the crate in his arms and headed to find the prince. Quick on his feet, he fast walked towards the end of the docks when he found Kai and Sehun coming towards him. Waving a hand, Baekhyun stopped the pair and relayed the message Kris had given him.

            “I’ll have to tell Seunghoon,” Kai turned to Sehun, “Will you tell Taura the news?”

            The siren had been quiet the whole morning. He didn’t sleep for long that night, sitting in the chair beside the bed contemplating what he had done. The kiss didn’t mean much, at least that’s what he thought, and for all he knew Taura was asleep. He carried her back to her room, knowing she was in a deep sleep. Having her in his arms with her head resting against his beating heart, Sehun felt like that was the only right place for Taura to be in and that scared him. Thinking about it, his mind wandered to the idea of actually resting beside her with his arms around her waist. The thought haunted him because he knew it was wrong to think such things for a girl who didn’t even belong to him. He knew his feelings and he knew Taura’s…unfortunately they did not match. He took Taura back to her room in his arms once he was sure she was in a deep sleep. 

            “She’s probably inside with Seunghoon. Last I saw her, he called her to his office saying she had a visitor so you can tell her yourself.” Sehun shrugged out of the hand Kai had placed on his shoulder and strode away towards the end of the dock rather slowly.

            “Is he always like this?” Kai asked casually staring at the lean young man as he ascended the ship with his hands in his pockets brushing past the other members. He moved like a ghost, fluid and without a real purpose.

            “Pretty much, the only time you get any other emotion out of him is when he’s with Taura.” Baekhyun shrugged not noticing Kai’s quick turn of the head in his direction. The prince’s gaze then turned to where Sehun had disappeared when he saw that he was busy moving boxes around. Smiling for a moment, Kai scoffed catching the attention of the older male beside him who was about to ask a question but stopped once Kai turned to head back into the castle.

*~*~*~*

            Taura woke up the next morning disoriented, wondering why she found herself under the sheets of her own guest room. Last she remembered, she had gone to Sehun and fallen asleep on his bed. Maybe it had been a dream because she also remembered feeling something soft and warm touch her shoulder that didn’t feel like anything else but a pair of lips. Her hand slowly trailed up her arm and touched the spot she remembered feeling so warm after and stared down at it for a moment. There was no mark or evidence to signify that it happened but in the back of her mind Taura couldn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter