35

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Three carriages awaited the men at the end of long dock. With them was Genevie’s consultant sort of speak, the kingdom didn’t have official rulers. The consultant’s name was Emiyn and with him was a younger boy by the name of Destan who would be the two prince’s guide around the city.

            “It’s a pleasure to meet you two,” Emiyn shook hands with the two princes as he guided them both to the carriage, “shame that your fiancée couldn’t make it. I would have liked to meet her.” He directed the comment to Kai who nodded apologetically before stepping into the carriage after Sehun.

            “She sends her regards,” Kai took the seat opposite of Sehun. He didn’t say much or do much once they got off the ship. Even now, he only stared out the window beside him not paying any attention to the three other male’s beside him.

            “Maybe it’s for the best she didn’t come,” Destan smiled at Kai before he looked down at the papers he had in his hands, “with the kidnappings and all.”

            Emiyn nervously rubbed his thighs as both Kai and Sehun turned to the two of them. He laughed to cover up the uneasiness he felt while trying to keep quiet. Destan looked to the two princes beside him and opened his mouth to say something but Emiyn stopped him by placing a firm hand on his shoulder.

            Sehun noticed the exchange. He straightened up and asked firmly, “What kidnappings?”

            Emiyn rubbed his thighs once more while he mumbled, “There has been an increase in kidnappings in the past few months. Nothing you should worry about—“

            “If people are being kidnapped, it should a concern. Do you have any leads?” Kai asked leaving Emiyn to shake his head. Destan looked at the man beside him seeing he wasn’t going to say more, Destan took over, “Only that they kidnap women and young girls and that most disappearances happen near the docks.”

            Kai looked over at Sehun. He looked to him too. Their minds seemed to gravitate towards the same thing.

            “How do you know this?” Kai asked the guide who smiled shyly shuffling through the papers he had in hands, pulling out a missing person flyer. Handing it to Kai, Destan smiled down at the sketch on the front of it.

            “My girlfriend was kidnapped. I’ve been looking for her ever since last week but nothing. Turns out I’m not the only one though, a lot of people having someone missing.” Destan admitted as Kai studied the flyer he’d been given. Upon taking a good look at the picture, Kai gulped and silently handed the flyer over to Sehun. He took it, watching as the prince’s eyes darted from him to the picture. Sehun looked down at it, only to see the face of girl he’d saved days ago. His grip on the flyer tightened before he handed the paper back to Destan, “I hope you find her.”

            “Me too.” Destan hid the flyer back inside the other paperwork and glanced up at Emiyn who sighed shakily while kneading his hands.

            “I don’t know how to handle a situation like this and the people are getting so riled up about it, as they should…It’s just what can we do? I’ve sent guards to patrol up and down the coast and sent out search parties but…nothing and nobody’s turned up.”

            “I’m sure something will.” Kai assured them both before sitting back in his seat to look out the same window Sehun gazed out of. From the window, Sehun could already sense the atmosphere of the city. The empty streets and boarded up windows along with mostly the male population seeming to occupy the roads and stores, he could see why that girl didn’t want to return.

            Kai noticed too how empty the streets looked, but what really caught his attention was the statue that appeared in front of them. Passing

Please log in to read the full chapter